6,275 results
All reviewsfamily conciergeroyal serviceoutdoor showerbella mara la carte restaurantsfamily sectionfishroyal sectionmain sectionregular sectionjunior suitebutler servicebuffet restaurantpool barmain buffetthe main hoteldinner reservations
Reviewed May 8, 2012

After much research my wife and I had decided on Pardisus Varadero Resort and Spa for a much needed vacation.We traveled by Sunwing with no problems.We have absolutly no regrets what so ever at all in choosing this resort . Upon arrival at the hotel we were smoothly checked in and were informed we had been up- graded to the Royal Service Suits by the General Manager Mohamad Fawzi, who is a very kind,helpful easy going man.

This hotel deserves the 5 star status. We had spent time at both the Roal Service beach and the general beach, both were great but enjoyed the general beach by far.Lively near the bar end with dancing, games etc. A big thank you to all the beach staff. The food was great, from the beach buffet, the main buffet, resturants, a huge selection. The hotel, as were the rooms ,were keeped very clean by a very hard working staff who always made you feel welcomed. Loved the towel art work.

A special thank you to the two main lady bartenders at the Royal Service pool. Always smiling and professional. A very special thank you to our two butlers, Cesar and Eldeys These's two gentleman were fantastic,hard working and made our stay very special, they both should be duely noted for this! We feel like we made new friends. Also the staff at the Bella Mar, a big thank you to Katy and Dunier, your service was excellent.There were gardeners that always greeted you with a smile and a gift of a flower or palm woven hat,Ola to you all! We had a great experiance at this hotel and are planning a return trip back and would recommend this Resort as a great vacation spot to anyone, especially those from Nova Scotia!

Thanks again Paradisus Varadero!

Tony&Theresa

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
10  Thank Tony M
sw1963, Manager at Paradisus Varadero Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2012

Dear Tony & Theresa,
Thank you for you review. Nice to have you and your wife as a guest at Paradisus Varadero. Hope you will visit us again in the near future. Kind regards, Paradisus Varadero team.

Reviewed May 7, 2012

We stayed at Paradisus Varadero from april 21 to 28 2012. We stayed at Royal Service and this is the only way to go at this hotel. Though we did not see any of the rooms in the other part of the hotel a few of the guests we met said some rooms are getting run down.

But, at the Royal Service, we had a fabulous time. Overall the food on the resort was good, not great, not bad. Though if you stick to salads and grilled fish, you will not be disappointed.

The service from the start was great as we had a party of 11 with us and we worked with the hotel directly. Sergio from executive sales helped arrange many things for us in advance, including upgrading 5 rooms through the hotel to RS.

At RS, our receptionist Barbara was great. Both our butlers, Cesar ans Eldys went out of their way to make sure everything was perfect from arranging a tour to Havana, a trip to Varadero, a private dinner in the RS section, visits to the spa as well as Palapa beds by the pool for us everyday.

Our bartenders Jorje, Idalyse, Jenge to mention a few were all great.

Our room 1332 was amazing, but all other 5 rooms were perfect. We had an oceanfront. It seems that all other rooms have at least a partial ocean view.

We played tennis often and our sports attendant was great, jumping in to play whenever we needed another to even things out.

We thought that entertainment was very good especially the Michael Jackson show where the dancers were amazing.

The pools were nice but the RS pool was fabulous. The beach was good, but not great if you compare it to turks or barbados.

Overall we would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: In the Royal Service, just ask for any ocean front and you will not be disappointed.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank luv2truv3l

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to know your enjoyable time in Paradisus Varadero. In this moment, we are going to start a process of renovation of our standard suits in order to improve their facilities according our guests' wishes. We hope to see you soon again!

Reviewed May 5, 2012

Hey Mohammed, translate that! We know what an avid reader of Trip Advisor you are. We had a fantastic time. We ate, we drank and we relaxed - our only complaint is that elasticated sweat pants are not sold in the shop to enable us to travel home in comfort.

The food is amazing, how anyone can complain about eating jamon serrano, artichokes, lobster, chateaubriand (pretty sure the beef was organic as I saw cows gorging by the side of the road) and prawns is beyond me - oh dear, no variety - only freshly pressed natural juices to choose from. I have never eaten so well in my life. What with the incredible ingredients and spa we could have been extremely healthy if only we hadn't been served such fabulous drinks all the time! We did feel better about ourselves with our sundowner Screwdrivers though.

The staff were wonderful! A special mention must go the the pool staff, they deserve a big pay rise! Everyone is lovely, careful though if you admire the gardeners' hats - you'll be wearing one within seconds. Eldys, our butler, constantly asked us if he could do anything for us. Not being used to such excellent service generally in a hotel we couldn't think of much more that could be done, so he improvised - reserving us beds by the pool, finding hurricane candles when ours blew out over dinner and generally being great company.

It almost pains me to big up this hotel as it will get booked up and become more expensive, but hey ho, praise where praise is due. My husband booked this as a treat to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary and a treat it was - thank you all for making it so special and it is much appreciated.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Madeleine G

Thanks you for your review. It was a pleasure having you with us. We are happy you enjoyed your wedding anniversary, and we hope to see you again back soon! We aim to go beyond the experience with the best service and paying special attention to those details which show the difference in the Paradisus…

Reviewed May 5, 2012

I know why this hotel is ranked no.1...... It's the Royal Service. It's beautiful, and feels like a true international 5 star. (well, atleast a 4 star.) So the reviews of this side of the hotel, bring up the rankings.

People that stay at the Royal Service, seem to know the difference between good and bad. This hotel knows it too. and now, so should you. (my girlfriend and I have stayed at both)

So, with this being said, my review is only on the main hotel.

So, here goes:

Rooms - oh please, get into this century...a pail of paint goes a long way.
- bar fridge, I had to call reception to get some beer, room service came by witth 2 warm Crystals. I gave the guy 5 bucks and said bring back some more cold ones, he never came back.

Food - main buffet, it has limited hours.....you gotta be kidding me(at a five star?)! The food itself...lame.

Customer service - I felt like it was a common disturbance when ever I politely asked for anything. I go to all inclusives to eat good food, have good drinks, sun, surf and meet people who are there to have good times.
The servers need some P.R. skills. All they have to do is smile, pour drinks and make good food. I found myself waiting for drinks at the bar, beach bar, and pool bar. I think I tipped too much, $300 for the week. Oh well, that's my own fault.

I could have made a lot of money at this place in tips.....and I don't have serving experience. All I would do is go the beach, ask people if I could get them a drink, bring it over with a smile, and receive tip. It seemed like I could only tip, when "I worked for it."

(I would also give them bigger glasses so I wouldn't have to carry 3 little cups that equal 350ml.)

I found myself buying cold cans of beer from some guy on the beach that had a cooler. (uhhhmmm? at a 5 star?)

If I were to stay here again, I would bring my own cooler to the beach and pool. I would also grab some good snacking food. Fruit, veggies, chips, nachos and whatever...

Advice to management- I've been to many places all over the world, many all-inclusives. Remember, the good ole' tricks, accomodations, food/drinks and service......focus on this. Here's one- *why not hand out a menu on one of the most beautiful beaches/oceans in the world?

**The people that cleaned/maintenance/gardeners had the true Public Relation Skills. They always smiled, were completely helpful and extremely nice. They recieved gifts from my girlfreind and I. We gave them sunglasses, new golf shirts, jewellery and other clothing items, and tips.

We had a great trip, first time in Cuba. Amazing beach, fantastic country. We met great people and loved everything once we switched to the Royal Service.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank sunandfun154985
sw1963, Manager at Paradisus Varadero Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2012

Thank you for your comment. We will be very pleased of welcoming you again!

Reviewed May 3, 2012

We been there and absolutely loved this place.Little pricey considering it is in Cuba. We loved our stay. Buffet was really good and pools were nice and clean. We will return back if we get some good deal .

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank GlobalTourist007

Thank you for your comment. Hope to have you soon again as soon as possible!