Only one major issue with this place. I wish the reception area was a little more open to the outdoors because it was a big tobacco smoking factory to me. I did not want any part of hanging out there at night.
The hotel is very quaint. I have stayed at nicer hotels, but this one is the perfect size. A 2 or 3 minute walk from the main building to the beach that takes you by the pool, along a boardwalk and past the majority of guests. You basically see it all in a very short time. This is a good thing.
The beach is exceptional. Large, spacious, not overcrowded and if you get there early in the morning, you'll be the first one to pick up that fantastic seashell.
The beach bar is located centrally with the beach volleyball court beside it. You can grab a kayak or sailboat with ease and enter the very inviting waters. The beach is great for strolling along both if you hang a left to walk towards a rock wall and to the right towards the lighthouse.
I would not recommend this hotel for Scuba divers, go to Sandals, because that is where you are going to dive out of anyways. It was about a 10-15 minute walk for me down the beach.
The best place to eat is the Japanese restaurant. Without a doubt. They have fun showing off their skills and cook up a good meal. Fairly rudimentary meal, but the entertainment is very enjoyable to watch. Just watch out you don't get your eyebrows burnt off when they do a fantastic fire trick :)
The main restaurant has good food and friendly wait staff. The freshly blended juices for breakfast are great (Watermelon, yum). Lots to choose from.
There is a small snack area out by the pool and this should satisfy your mid day cravings.
The fitness centre offers a basic set of free weights, treadmills, and a large weight machine.
As my title indicates, the hotel could use a bit of a makeover, but really, this isn't important, it's the whole experience that matters and the people at the resort make is a good one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly on the long, fine sandy beach of Varadero. Tropical gardens. Water sports galore. A Caribbean village. Colourful, Cuban atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Iberostar so you can book your IBEROSTAR Tainos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Tainos Hotel Varadero
- Iberostar Hotel Tainos
- Iberostar Hotel Varadero
- Iberostar Tainos Cuba
- Iberostar Tainos Varadero