“Amazing”

Ranked #15 of 63 Hotels in Varadero
Montreal, Canada
“Amazing”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

First time at Iberostar Tainos (May 23-31, 2014), but about 15 times in Cuba. This resort is very nice, clean and well maintained. The Entertainment staff is absolutely AMAZING ! Especially Fernando, what a sweetheart ! Evis and all the others that made us danse all week, thankyou so much. The hotel should be very proud to have such a great bunch of people working there. The best shows I've experienced so far in an all-inclusive, beautiful costums (new), and amazing talent.

Upon arrival we asked two rooms in a specific bungalow, which we got (the person at reception (unfortunately cannot remember her name) was absolutely wonderful and very helpful. The rooms we had were very clean and well stocked, thanks Yanara!

The food was not bad, including the meals we had at both Japanese and Creole restaurants. Unfortunately, we found out 3 days before leaving that the Buffet was open for lunch starting at 1:00 pm and in all honesty, the food was better there at lunch than by the pool or even in the everning. Much more choices!

The beach, well....AMAZING. The only thing, last day I was there, I got my beach towel stolen while I was doing my check-out. Beach security was no help at all.

All in all, great week, the weather was 8 days of sunshine with breezy afternoons, perfect for a nap. Great beach for walking too.

Thanks Sandy at the main bar for the best Sangria ever !

* Bring moskito repellent, because at night, you do get stung quite a bit even if they apparently spray

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank CathyLovesCuba
DGIberostarTainos, Manager at IBEROSTAR Tainos, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear Guest,

First of all, we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR Tainos for your vacations in Cuba.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the hospitality, and friendliness of our Resort. Our team is proud to know that you liked the services that we offer, special thanks from all our hard working team members named in your review. It is our main goal that our clients have an unforgettable experience on their vacation, and with your excellent comments we see that we did so.

Once again thank you and we hope we can welcome you soon again in our resort, please do not hesitate to contact us before to assist you even more.

Online Reputation Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (692)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Cambridgeshire
Reviewed June 3, 2014

What can one say about this Iberostar Tainos that has not been said befoe. The entertainment staff are great fun and work very hard indeed all day long. The shows in the evening are really well done, although the nights that they have off, the shows were not our style.
The food is great although one thing missing for me were the puddings, they were a little bit ordinary, but the rest was great. We did the Japanese and Cuban restaurants twice,one person and I do agree there is not that much food, he was Canadian..
Overall the hotel, the bedrooms were great and the music at lunchtime gave a new meaning to lunch with a swing.
Yes we will definitely go back on the next flight, arrived home this morning...

Room Tip: Ask for a bungalow, we understand that some people did not like the rooms in the main building
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Travelmate84
Dear Guest,

It is our main goal that our clients have an unforgettable experience on their vacation, and with your excellent comments we see that we are in the right direction.

We hope we can welcome you soon again in our resort, please do not hesitate to contact us before to assist you even more.

Dartmouth, Canada
Reviewed June 1, 2014

We really like this resort but after spending four weeks there in my opinion I can see that consistent service is what prevents it from moving on the star list. Some weeks it is a four star and other weeks it is only a three star. Services vary depending on what week you are there. My biggest surprise was that Mother"s Day was totally ignored by management, not a flower, a special dinner, a glass of champagne or even a sign. What was management thinking? In fact we did not see any management on Mothers Day.

Mothers Day greetings were totally in the hands of the serving staff.

If you are there on a four star week things are fantastic, on a three star week things are good. Staff are always a four star.

We did notice that there was lots of champagne on the week of a customer satisfaction survey.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank gary_rhodenizer
DGIberostarTainos, Manager at IBEROSTAR Tainos, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your comments and suggestions, we will take them into consideration to keep improving and providing our guests with quality service.

We hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back some day.

Brampton, Canada
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Visited this resort from May 23rd to May 30th with my husband, 2 year old toddler, parents and aunts and uncle (ages 20s and 50s).

The good:
-The beach is BEAUTIFUL
-The pool is very clean and always maintained
-Staff are very friendly and accomodating
-The daily entertainment (shows/games/dancing) by the pool and beach are great as well as the nightly entertainment (live music/shows) were very good and entertaining
-We also came back to a clean room everyday although there were a couple of days they came in to clean so late (4pm) that they weren't able to clean the room at all as my son would be napping
-We always requested an extra bottle of water for my toddler and it was always given
-The food was great! I always found something to eat and my son actually gained weight during our trip. Mind you I think food is very subjective as my uncle hated it
-The resort was maintained very well, it was very clean and you always see the staff cleaning and maintaining the grounds
-The coffee/cappucino at all the bars are excellent and they give you lots of drinks esp. if ordering alcohol!!!!
-The bungalow rooms are excellent location and are very accessible

The bad:
-Our room #2404 leaked from the ceiling during the week twice and both times we had to call and get it fixed
-We had to go to the reception over 3 times during the week due to room cards malfunctioning
-Our beach towel was stolen while at the beach during the day
-On both the archery and shooting games my mom and my uncle won the game but the certificate was given to someone else (pretty petty but if your going to say that you'll be given a certificate by the end of the day you must do as you say)
-Very little variety of food throughout the week but this wasn't a deal breaker for me as I really liked it anyway

The VERY BAD:
-BED BUGS!!! We are still itching from the bites we got which from research looks like bed bug bites. Now I really wanted to like this resort and in fact I did! However I will not be returning to this resort until I can guarantee there are no more bed bugs. I am currently washing all the clothes I brought from my vacation as well as disinfecting the luggages as the last thing I want is a bed bug invation in my home.

I read and looked at all the reviews here on TripAdvisor and I do agree with all the good things they say about this resort but the bed bugs are a deal breaker for me!

Room Tip: Bungalows are awesome - the elevator in the main hotel took forever!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
6 Thank Sarah I
DGIberostarTainos, Manager at IBEROSTAR Tainos, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Dear Guest

First of all, we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing Iberostar Tainos for your vacations in Cuba.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the hospitality, and friendliness of our team members in our Resort. Our team is proud to know that you liked the services that we offer, as well other facilities.

We would also like to mention that our Management and Maintenance Department are constantly working in areas to be improved. All our facilities follow a maintenance standard roll in order to try to keep our areas and rooms impeccable.

We wish you might consider giving us another opportunity to host you in the near future to experience all the positive changes made based on our guests recommendations.

AS per the bite bugs, we assure you that Iberostar Tainos has a very strict hygiene control in the rooms and we do not have bed bugs.

AS the hotel is surrounded by vegetation, the bug bites can be commonly mistaken by Mosquitoes bites because mosquito bites cause a delayed reaction – you can get bitten up during the day, but the bites themselves might not appear until the nighttime or the following morning. Another reason is that mosquito bites will be itchy – far more than bed bug bites generally are.

Once again thank you for your comments, and we hope we can welcome you once again in our Hotel.

Halifax, Canada
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Travelled from April 30th to May 7th. Loved our two previous vacations here... Could it get any better?! What we love about this resort is the size...everything is so close!
Our amazing vacation all started with a warm welcome from staff who remembered us from previous years. Pedro brought our luggage to a beautiful newly renovated bungalow on the first floor. Perfect!
FYI the welcome back reception is on Wednesdays which unfortunately we missed because we arrived too late on Wednesday. Giselle gave us a bottle of champagne to welcome us back anyway.
There have been some nice upgrades since last year. The walkway to the beach is nice. Beach bar is back on the beach and there was some painting being done in the lobby the day we were departing.
Food: we always found something good to eat. Great selection. Papa always made our eggs every morning with a smile .
Buffet: managers Roberto and Raphael work very hard and long hours. Our servers for the week were Janet, Beatriz, Jenny, Roberto, Luis Manuel and Daisy. They are all amazing! Our table was decorated every day! Beautiful!
My husband is visually impaired and they all go out of their way to make things easier for him! Wonderful people!
They also got him gifts, champagne and a delicious cake for his birthday which was celebrate while there. Felix compleanos!!!
We did the Japanese one night and had a good time. We go to see Adrianez and the other servers there, not so much for the meal. It is good but we prefer the buffet.
Every evening after supper, the courtyard was the place to be. Under the wonderful tree, bands played to our delight. Many people were up dancing which was nice.
The same familiar servers in the lobby, although very busy, always had a smile and a joke to share. Thank you Yudel, Daylin,Sandy, Yadil, Esparanza, Sheila and any I missed.
The beach is beautiful! I got up early every morning to go enjoy it to the fullest. Thank you Juniel for always getting us our chairs.
Alloy, Jovani, Yosmany are a few of the gardeners that keep the grounds immaculate. They also make beautiful bouquets!!
Our room was kept very clean. Maray is amazing!
There are so much more amazing things I could write about our great vacation but I'll save it for next year!
P.S. If I was to leave a camera on a taxi anywhere else in the world, would the driver return twice to try and find me to return it expecting nothing in return. Thank you Andreas (yellow cab) for returning our memories!
See you next year!!!!!
Trish

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank serendipity1765
Dear guest,

On behalf of all our staff at Iberostar Tainos we would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your vacations for the third time. We are glad to know that we were able to make your days with us wonderful. I will forward your review to our employees mentioned in your review., they will be happy to know that you remember them and their services. It is a pleasure to assist a respectfully and caring clients like you, who appreciate the effort that the staff make day by day.

We will be waiting for your next visit, that we hope will be soon.

Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

After reading reviews on the Iberostar Tainos , I think we must have been at a different Hotel, have been going to the Tainos since 2005, it has not changed , only got better . Staff always friendly ( with or without a tip).You should remember what it was like in the 1940s in England , this is how most of the Cuban people live now.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Lynda G
Dear Guest,

It is our main goal that our clients have an unforgettable experience on your vacation, and with your excellent comments we see that we are in the right direction.

Mount Pearl, Canada
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I was at the Tainos from April 26 to May 10 for my 11th visit. It is truly like my home away from home and the staff are like my family. It is not a posh hotel with the best of everything but it is clean, safe, and the food is quite adequate. The staff is the reason why this hotel has so many repeat guests. It you get to know them, you’ll realize how genuine they are. I don’t look at them as being there to serve me, they are my friends and extended family.

The beach in front of the Tainos is probably the best stretch of beach from the golf course down to the tip of the peninsula. The renovated rooms with the new showers are great. The food is quite good, there is something for everyone. The drinks are great, and the entertainment is the best. There are always activities on the go during the day if you want to be involved.

I feel like the new manager, Ana, is doing a great job. She is always interested in getting feedback from guests and looking for ways to improve. I have to give a big shout out to Giselle, who will do whatever is required to make sure your stay is enjoyable. All the reception staff, especially Heidi, are just great and very accommodating. They always remember us and welcome us back with open arms. On our first visit to the hotel in 2005, we got there around 2 am in the morning with our two little girls and Heidi was on the front desk that night. Julio Caesar the maintenance guy is the best, even getting more channels on our TV for my husband. Servers Rosanna, Orlando, Martha and many more who I don’t know their names are the best. Daisy, Julio and George at the pool bar are our dear friends. Sandi, Daylin, Maylin, Yudel, Reisel, Arturo, and Miguel are also our dear friends. Leo the lifeguard is also a very good friend. Our main man Franki is still working the night shift at the buffet and is as sweet as ever. Lastly, I can’t forget the entertainment staff. They are a great team, Gino, Fernando, Julio Caesar, Luna, Johanna, and of course the star Evis. The resort would be awfully quiet without him. He is a first class performer and loved by everyone.

Will I be back? You can count on it, April 2015 and if I’m really lucky, before that!!!! See you soon my amigos.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
9 Thank Nickster
Dear guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for taking the time in sharing your experience at Iberostar Tainos. For us it is a immeasurable satisfaction when we can achieve our goal, that is to make you fell "at home" but with all the pampering that we can offer to loyal customers like you.

It will be a great pleasure to welcome you back for the 12th time and also we expect that will be before 2015.

Online Reputation Manage