“Lovely stay”

Casa de Mary y Angel
Ranked #2 of 55 Varadero B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Casa Mary y Angel is one of the best casa particular in Cuba. Mary y Angel are very nice and hospitable people, always very helpful. Besides room you enjoy spacious common area. We had a flight back home at the evening so they allowed us to leave luggages in casa and took a shower in their own bathroom before leaving. Staying with Mary and Angel you feel not like a guest but a part of the family. I really recommend this casa and wish great time in Cuba. :)

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ola_Corre

Reviewed November 2, 2012

Mary and Angel and their children (grown up, don't worry) welcomed us with open arms. They fed us fabulous meals, gave us good information and took really good care of us. Alex was fabulous and we looked forward to his sunny smile every morning.
If I ever venture back to Veradero, I will definitely stay here!! :)

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Patricia22222
Reviewed October 17, 2012

i was traveling trough cuba for 4 weeks and this hostel was by far the best. great atmosphare and people. i highly recommend this place to you since it is very clean, close to the beach and the food there was much better than in the restaurants around.
i wish you a nice stay there and a great time.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 13, 2012

My husband and I and our 3 children (ages 7,9,& 11) loved staying with Mari & Angel. They made us feel so comfortable right away. They were so sweet to our kids and had a great outdoor space (huge) for us all to relax in, swing, read and watch the sunset. The rooms we stayed in were very nice. Clean, cool and private. The location was awesome. So close to the beach and near plenty of shopping and restaurants. The food was excellent. I have very high standards and was thrilled with the quality of the breakfasts and dinners that were lovingly prepared by Mari and served by Angel. We had 3 breakfasts and 3 dinners, all of them great. Mari & Angel are so sweet and really care about providing you with an excellent experience. Thanks for everything you two. You made our trip to Varadero special.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Mary and Angel have a fantastic casa in a great location. The casa boasts large rooms with private entrance. Mary y Angel are terrific hosts and make you feel at home from the moment that they meet you. The breakfasts in the casa are fruit-filled!
The casa is only a block from the Varadero beach were locals go rather than in the busy tourist area further south. The casa is centrally located to markets, banks and restaurants. And the best part, you can really feel the local daily life.
Make sure that you meet Alejandro during your stay. He will charm you with his talent to make your bed look as in you are in a cruise and he will become an instant friend!
We will definitely come and stay with Mary and Angel again!

Room Tip: All the rooms have excellent facilities.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Fellow travellers,
you can not go wrong staying in a house whose owner is a former head of Cuban travelling agency. Find me another casa where you will get complimentary champagn with your dinner (lobster in salsa was excellent). He is well conected, excellently informed, willing to help about everything and if there is a midlle class in Cuba then he and his family are. They are polite, well educated and believe or not even their room service (hola alesandro ;) speaks 4 different languages. Yes, I was shocked also but it is true. I want to say that me and my family enjoyed playing domino with Angel and have spent few eveninigs having very interesting conversations about......life. Best regards to our Cuban friends from Serbia
Igor&Ivana&Vanja

p.s. we are still enjoying puritos and playing domino :))))))))

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2012

FIrst off, casas are the way to go in Cuba. And my first experience was at Mary's and Angel's in Varadero. Angel is so friendly and wants to please about everything. Without being intrusive, Angel was friendly and interested in me. When he found out I was a musician, he introduced me to his son who is also a musician. He called ahead to confirm my reservations in another town, and his daughter made Viazul reservations for me. Angel drove me to the bus station. My flight home did not leave until early evening. I spent the day on the beach and needed to shower after check-out time. They very kindly let me use their personal shower before leaving. The room was exceptionally clean and very comfortable with a private bathroom, a TV, mini-bar and air conditioner. 175 paces (I actually counted!) to a beautiful beach. Varadero Beach is just as beautiful in the central part of town as it is down near the resorts. And after the beach you can relax on the lovely patio. I had excellent breakfasts and dinners here. Had the best coffee in Cuba and when I asked for more, was obliged. A great place to enjoy Cuba. Thank you to your whole family. I will come again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo