“Good Italian food”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 29, 2013

My wife and I read a few reviews of this new restaurant and put it on our must try list. Thankyou to the people who reviewed it here. It was delicious. We shared an appetizer of pizza dough with gorgonzola cheese and a lasagna. We were full. She had a pop and I had the best mojito of my two week stay. Bill came to $10.50. There appears to be a large choice of pizzas and we'll have to go back. It is a little hard to find, behind it's green chain link fence with locked door and door bell to ring for have it unlocked. There is a small sign on the door which says Nonna Tina. I asked downtown merchants where it was and they didn't seem to know. I'm glad I wrote the address down from this site and took it with me. Unfortunately I didn't have it with me the first time I tried to find this restaurant and failed. It is on the east side of Calle 38 just north of the main street or 1st av.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

I am in Varadero often and this restaurant is the best restaurant by far in probably all of Cuba. Food is always fresh and well cooked and the service is great.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

I would highly recommend eating at Nonna Tina's! We discovered it on the second last day of our trip and liked it so much we went back for lunch the next day. We tried the pizza and my friend ate one of the carbonara pastas and we loved everything. The prices were awesome too. We both ate for less than 10 pesos with a drink, app and generous tip for the wait staff.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

When I was last in Varadero, in october, I went to Nonna Tina twice. That's how much I liked it. I was even going a third time but my date was cancelled.
The food is phenomenal, the service is very good and the price is right. All in all, a very good experience.
I am extremely surprised by the negative reviews. This is one Varadero restaurant that I will recommend to all. Turn right at Calle 38 when you are going towards the airport on 1ra.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

Nonna Tina's had EXCELLENT food and service. This restaurant is spotless clean, very friendly staff, very reasonable pricing and most of all AWESOME food. We went there 3 days in a row and had ordered pizza, salad, garlic bread, bruschetta and gnocchi. All was sooo great tasting and fresh. Best gnocchi I can honestly said I've eaten and I live in a city that is quite populated with Italians, and Nonna Tina's has their gnocchi beat! Very very affordable and is a definate place to return to. This was our third trip to Varadero and our first time discovering Nonna Tina's and what a great find! I will definately eat here if and when we return to Varadero. I was soo full but had to eat all my dinner as it was sooo tastey. I even asked for the gnocchi recipe with the sauce but was told there was "secret ingredients" straight from an long time family recipe from Italy. Best food I've eaten in Varadero!!