“Love the experience of this attraction!!!”

Jeep Safari Yumuri day tour
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Had great time driving trough Parts of Country and seeing how people live and customs. Had great time on a river boat ride, country plant farms, walk trough cave and to end the day with swimming in the cave with snake shape rock:). To me there is no words to describe this but to recommend foe everyone to experience it for themselves!!! We visited these places in January of 2010.

1  Thank senada-mike
in 7 reviews
"driver's license"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed June 4, 2013

My two sons and I participated in the Jeep Safari during our recent vacation in Varadero. One thing that you should understand before you book the adventure is that the Jeeps are small, two or four door, Suzuki 4x4s. They are all manual transmission so someone in your party needs to know how to drive a stick. If not you will be partnered with someone that does. The trip took most of the day and included transportation to downtown Varadero where the excursion started from. The trip takes you through back roads outside of Varadero, through some real neighbourhoods/villages -- where the residents run out to wave (and ask for money). We were suppose to go snorkelling but the water was to choppy so we spent more time swimming in the caves. We visited an old coffee plantation and an amusement park (where we had a late lunch). If you need to eat, pack some food and drinks.
All in all it was a great bonding day for me and the boys.

3  Thank Erin F
Reviewed May 31, 2013

When my husband and I booked the tour, we thought of a real Safari Tour. We were surprised to realize that most of the driving occurred in town. The advertising talks about 150 kilometers adventure (from 7:45 to approximately 6:30 p.m.) and from our experience, the only real safari adventure was the last stretch, which was quite bumpy (and hard on your back) and long! The booking for this ride was 81 CUC per adult. They put 4 persons in a jeep (more modern than what I had expected). Lucky for us that there was also a couple from the same hotel who wanted to go. And, if it wasn't that we had such a great time together, not sure if the Tour would be worth taking. On the positive side, I really enjoyed the visit of the Saturn Cave (worth a detour... see my separate review on that). I also enjoyed the Cuban lunch as this is something I like to do when I travel... get a sense of the culture and get to taste typical food. This met my standards. On the negative side, the snorkeling they advertised was quite disappointing. I had brought my video-camera for underwater and got ready for it all! Well... the location was not the best, so I decided not to go, not too sure if had made a good or bad decision. Others who went, confirmed that there was nothing to see. The 30-minute boat ride, was also disappointing. Nothing particular to see. So, it was basically a relaxed 30 minute visit. The visit to the country-side house and its farms was another disappointment. When we got there, there was no visit of the house or farm at all. The owner of the place was there cutting his fruits (extremely good by the way) and offering these to visitors. But that's it. Although the owner and his cute little daughter were very pleasant and welcoming, I was hoping to see more of their house and get to know more about how they were actually living. I guess, I may have been wrong in my expectations. Although our Guide was very pleasant and funny, we felt like the tour was centered around tipping for the locals and not much about discovery. So, it's your call. But if you decide to book that tour only to visit the cave and get the typical lunch, you might want to explore other options, like booking the cave separately or asking a taxi driver (if you haven't rented a car) to get you there. This would probably be much less expansive.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

I was surprised by the vehicle they called a "jeep" If you want to call a small Asian imported suv a jeep. I had to drive which I did not like as i do not like driving in other countries as well as the horror stories I've read on TripAdvisor about the problems you can have with an accident in Cuba. Having to drive caught me off guard as I wanted to sight-see and they put us with 2 girls whom did not drive so I was responsible for them as well. The highways were fine for our caravan of 10 "jeeps" but the majority of the driving was on the back semi-paved roads which were atrocious and required full drivers attention. Not fun as we had to zig-zag constantly. Snorkeling was busy with other groups and unorganized. They swim you out about 200' ask who wants their picture taken then swim you back. The "speed boat ride" was a big two deck open boat that took us up a channel of bush on each side and back. They offered lobster lunch for a price and live music for a tip. This just before our lunch at the farm house. The Native village were some dancers on the dock that put on a 10 min show which was good and tipping was excepted. Farm,lunch and optional horse ride drive was a long drive. Lunch there was disappointing. Farmers house was just a tip fest as everything else in Cuba.(music,bathrooms waiters,guides,mechanics,bus drivers,taxi's,maids,porters,bartenders,servers, cooks,door men). Cave swim was refreshingly just OK.It was dangerous with jagged rocks and shallows that there was no warning for. Locals were there and put on a little diving exhibition then you guessed it wanted not only money but your shirt,sandals or anything else that you were wearing or carrying.The drive back to the "jeep" rental yard was long,rough and dusty. All in all this tour was not very good but we did see quite a bit which made it worth while. Would I recommend this "safari"...Give me a couple of DOLLARS and I will tell you about it!

1  Thank rham1