“Ate here twice last week”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of La Sangria

La Sangria
Ranked #27 of 111 Restaurants in Varadero
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Está a veinte metros del Kiki's, a la entrada de la calle que lleva al Hotel Villa Tortuga. Es un estupendo restaurante de pizzas y pasta, y algunos platillos cubano.
Ontario
“Ate here twice last week”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2014

I was in Varadero from April 21-28 and had the opportunity to eat here twice. The first time, I went with friends for lobster. It was a huge tail for $15 CUC and was beautifully presented. Service was good, and a grand time was had.

The second time I ate there, I went solo. I ordered a Cristal and the lobster pizza. It was only when a gentleman joined me at my table that I realized that he had a beer but I didn't! I tried flagging down a passing server, but failed to get his attention. The man who'd joined me went up to the bar to get my beer. Great. My pizza came along and it was quite frankly amazing. Not loaded down with lobster, but it was very cheesy and garlicky, and again beautifully presented. When it came time to pay my bill, I found I'd been charged for two beers, so I did have to argue that point. At least I was able to gesture at my table where one lonely beer can sat. I'm not sure if they were trying to rip me off, or it was just crappy service. I'm thinking crappy service, because if they were ripping me off, they'd probably try for more than $1.50 ;o) The prices here are really good as well, with the lobster pizza being the most expensive of the pizzas, I believe. It was $10.50 and could have easily fed two people.

Give it a try, watch your bill.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Desmei

• Czech first
Bolton, Canada
“5 star service just not so sure about the food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014

got a little bit of the runs - personally its a good restaurant service wise - Im just not sure this place caused the runs or not

but the runs are almost worth it with the service

Visited April 2014
mtpl
“Glad I tried it.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014

Stared at this place a number of times from the Hop on/Hop off when it does a rather lengthy stop at certain times during the day.

I had a loaded pizza without seafood. It was ok, not really bursting with flavour, but still a good value. Had the Sangria and liked that. Service was average, nothing negative really to say. I guess I like the place a few doors down better.

• Visited April 2014
Red Deer
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food & Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

Service was wonderful and food was excellent. Close to our resort, which was handy since food there was not that great.

Visited April 2014
Saskatoon, Canada
“Good location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

Thankfully La Sangria was in a good location and close to our hotel so we had a viable alternative to the unappetizing offerings available at the evening buffets. I ordered a calzone and it was cheesy and loaded with ham, but would be better with tangy tomato sauce. My wife had a pizza and found it cheesy, but also needed tangy tomato sauce. Ice cold Cristal for $1.50 and they did have Caesar's in a can the night we were there.

Visited March 2014