Ocean Varadero El Patriarca
$388
$223
Cancelon
3,975 results
All reviewsprivilege sectionpiano barprivilege poolmike's coffeea la carte restaurantspizzaprivilege guestsprivilege roombeach restaurantbeach towelsrain showergourmet restaurantmain buffetfishprivate poolrecommend this resortmain pool
Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from our first visit to this beautiful resort. We were VERY disappointed about the main pool being closed. We were told it would be open. We look forward all year for our holiday, and to swim in a pool that's not 4 feet deep. But we had to make the best of it, and we did.
The staff at this resort are the best. Always with smiles and happy. The staff at the Lobby Bar are fantastic. Ivelise was always a pleasure to look for in the morning. Nestor, Yania, Gery, Meilin, Roxana all made for a fun time hanging around the bar.
Our room was very nice, clean. We had bungalow #32 which was close to main pool had it be open. Our maid was very friendly and a pleasure to see on a daily basis.
We enjoyed all the al-cart restaurants. Ate twice at the Italian. Food at buffet was good. Breakfast was always good. Lots of variety and tons of good fruit.
Loved sitting at the beach and swimming in the ocean.
Had good laughs with staff at the privilege bar by the privilege pool. Jorge was a pleasure to see. Always smiling and enjoying making us rum punches.
Didn't get to say goodbye to "J" the butler. He is a fantastic person. My camera batteries died and I didn't have replacements. He managed to get me some. Thanks J. Can't come home without photos.
Could go on and on about this resort, very enjoyed it. We will go back.

• Stayed: October 2013
5  Thank Kissmommy
Reviewed October 24, 2013

My wife and I spent 2 wks here beginning of September and I could not fault it for anything.The accommodation in the privilege was very nice and modern with plenty of room and great air con which is a major plus.We used the beach most days spent with a very enthusiastic animation team.The beach is picture book and so will the hotel grounds when they mature fully.I would also like to give a big mention to all the entire staff who are so polite and friendly.The hotel is situated in an ideal spot close to the airport and a short ride into downtown varadero which is very safe and a nice place to eat and drink off resort.Please do go on the trips advertised as you will see many interesting sites and meet many characters.A must do and see trip in cuba is HAVANNA,IT IS PURE THEATRE.There are so many sights to see and so many colourfull characters to be seen.Our trip to HAVANNA was arranged at home in the uk by e mail to a guy who's website I found on tripadvisor.What a wise move it was as our tour guide was a young man going by the name of Yosel.On arrival in cuba I confirmed our day out and he duly arrived on time with his driver in a big American classic car.Yosel then took us to HAVANNA for the day and give us a guided tour which was both very funny but also a history lesson.A magic day out we will never forget.Many thanks Yosel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank SouthwalesNeathboy
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Just returned from a week at Ocean Varadero El Patriarca and I must say that after reading the reviews before I went...I was a little worried. My worries were not warranted as this is a great resort. I was very disappointed that the main pool was under construction as it was supposed to be completed before our arrival. However I am a beach person anyways and the beach is beautiful. They also offered us free massages to make up for it :)

Rooms are just like in the pictures. Nice looking resort with beautiful gardens. The food left a bit to be desired but did improve midweek...was told management was on site.

The best part of this resort was the amazing staff...only encountered cranky staff at the front desk....the rest were awesome...was sad to leave some of them. Would like to give a shout out to Tania in the piano bar as she in amazing and takes such pride in her job...you would honestly think she was the bar owner...loved her :) Also, loved lots of other staff, Ariel at the Beach Snack Bar, Antonio at the catamaran tours on the beach and too many others to mention.

Would recommend this resort to friends who could get it for a good price :)

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank carriesunshine
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Sadly just arrived home from a 2 week stay at this wonderful hotel. There was 4 couples on our trip and all thoroughly enjoyed it.
after reading some reviews I was skeptical about some things , but over the 2 weeks I couldn't find any problems.
we booked on as privilege guests and got more than we expected from the privilege staff we dealt with, Jay was superb, he couldn't do enough for us , even booking outside restaurant's for us and taxis to varadero. Even brought beers to our room in the rain.(4525)
the other staff in the privilege bar. Maria and Analy were exceptional . and a pleasure to be with.
Our room was a suite and was great, no smells ,and was cleaned very well every day. credit to our cleaner.
the beach was brill, some days like a mill pond and some days a few waves which we enjoyed.
we booked a few trips one on an overnight stay to Havana ,were we stopped in the national hotel. then day 2 you have time to walk round Havana. We felt safe but you do get a few beggars now and again but if you say no they will leave you alone .
the other trip was on the catamaran which was a good time for some snorkeling.
Would definitely recommend and would go back.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank chrisnjo
Reviewed October 13, 2013

My husband and I spent a beautiful week vacation at this resort. The resort was very quiet I would not suggest young adults to this resort as there is not that much to do. The rooms are very nicely decorated, flat TV, couch, the shower is big, etc. As for the gym, we were impressed, very nice and brand new equipment! The main pool was undergoing major renovation but we were allowed to use the privilege pool during our stay...we never used it as the beach was so perfect!

We really enjoyed swimming in the ocean, we had 3 days with waves that was fun! I must admit that even if we really like Cubans we were annoyed after our 5th day of being bothered at least and I am not joking ...25 times per day by Cubans selling shells, hats, dresses, horseback rides, etc. they would walk up to our chairs it was too much. The security guard would SOMETIMES send them closer by the water but they would be back within 15 mins!

Big thank you to the staff at the lobby bar: Ivis, Jerry, Nestor, Yania, Roxy, Meily and Robert, you smile and kindness were very much appreciated! We booked through our Air Canada rep. a full day of Catamaran, snorkeling and dolphins it was very enjoyable! The weather was fantastic it only rained at our arrival at the airport... once we were in the bus and lasted 10 mins...and on the morning of our departure...by 9:30 am same day we were on the beach! I brought and left my sweater in the room as it was very warm in the evening...make sure to bring some insect spray. We would return to this resort any time!

P.S. Be aware many and I say many employees want to exchange their Canadian money for pesos, the Canadian Money is FALSE! We were even asked by the air Canada clerk as we were checking in our luggage. We were asked at least by 6 different people at the airport...they were going around everybody!

Thank you and hope this review will help!

Lori and Riccardo

Room Tip: We were in 3614 ground level close to the Gym and Beach. However would have preferred being on the 2nd floor: nice balcony.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple