All reviews recommend this casa private bathroom restaurants and shops lovely casa the location is perfect home away from home three nights lobster air conditioning beautiful beach havana airport other guests cleaned daily beatles bar casas cuba lourdes
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I stayed at Benny's place for 3 days and 2 nights at my arrivel in Cuba, beginning of june 2012. I really enjoyed my stay! Benny and his son were very helpfull (they showed me arround, gave advice for my trip around cuba, helped me arrange a sleeping place in Havana, etc...). The location of the house is perfect: very central, close to the beach/shops/restaurants and nearby lots of activities (sailing, kitesurfing, scuba dive center). The house is very clean and quiet, the food good (the best breakfast i had in Cuba!). All you need. All good. I would recommend Benny's House to everyone. The best way to contact Benny is by email or by phone. Find more info on facebook...

• Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank m h
Reviewed July 18, 2012

We stayed in Cuba for two weeks and traveled to few places. Our warmest memories are from Varadero at Beny’s Casa.
I knew from the reviews that Beny’s place is great. It’s very popular so we booked very early.
We arrived in Havana after a 10hour flight and then we got a taxi, which Beny organised, to Varadero.
It was almost 11pm when we reached Beny’s. We were very very tired but they were so welcoming and organized. They quickly showed us around and our dinner was ready too - I will not forget the very cold fruit starter, it was the most amazing thing especially when you are that tired!

We stayed for 5 nights and Varadero and Beny’s Casa are the only places where we would definitely come back!

Beny Jr. and his wife Adriana speak perfect English and they will help you a lot on extra information about Cuba! They will take great care of you. The second night of our trip rained like crazy and Beny worried that we might get upset about that. So sweet :)
Far from upset! We all stayed in and drank rum together!!! :)

Beny Senior and his wife are fantastic people too! The food they cook is the best in Varadero! Breakfast is superfresh and yes, comes in three courses! Freshly blended icy juices, fresh fruit, scrambled eggs, cheese and ham toasts and sweet french toast!
The dinners were very generous too. Its fantastic value because for about 10CUC you get three courses with side dishes too and WINE as well! :)
Another amazing thing is that you can eat anytime at their place as long as you let them know few hours in advance. There is no policy like 7am -11am breakfast, 12 - 3pm lunch etc etc. Nope. You just knock on the door of their kitchen and let them know what you want. It’s like visiting your family.

We tried eating out just for a variety and honestly, it was quite disappointing. The only place that was interesting was a family business, some people who turned half of their house in a restaurant. It was called something like “Gordo”.
I remember we tried Needlefish (Aguja) for a change, because Red Snapper (Pargo) is the most popular in Cuba. It was very tasty and had a nice texture.
For lunch we would usually get pizza from the restaurant which is across the street of Beny’s - not the one exactly on the corner but more on the left.
Otherwise, I would only stick to Beny’s food, it was definitely the Best!

Nodarse family are in such good spirits and very positive. Always smiling!!!
Our room was always very clean and the minibar well stocked. I have never been before to any hotel or B&B’s where the things in the minibar are actually cheaper than the shops or some of them exactly the same price! Wow! :)

Their garden is very tidy and pretty. Every time you are back from the beach you have a tap and a shower outside so you can rinse the sand off. You can also borrow their parasol and beach chairs.

If you’ve never been to Varadero, I highly recommend you to stay in a Casa, and if you are lucky enough, to stay at Beny’s.
You can contact them on: benync@yahoo.es

The Lonely Planet book says that Varadero lacks of magic, but DO NOT listen to that!
The peninsula towards its end is full of resorts which is not my favourite sort of thing so we didnt even go there. The beginning of the peninsula is more real and Cuban, so the MIDDLE of the peninsula is like a mixture of the previous two. That’s where Beny’s House is and that’s why is a great experience. There are markets with lovely souvenirs, you can walk around the neighborhood to see other houses and how people live. Beach is amazing and just across the street of Beny’s.
I think Varadero is one of those rare places in Cuba where you can chat to people on the streets and won’t be asked for money. Everyone is really friendly. This is what we really missed especially when we were in Havana.
The Lonely Planet book is good to get but don’t trust it 100%. For example I would say Cayo Coco is the place that has no magic at all.

I feel a bit bad I haven’t posted this review earlier but trust me, it’s very difficult to write a review for Beny’s House because it’s so great and special, you really need to sit down and find the right words. Im sure I would think of other great things once I post this! :)

Greetings from rainy, dull London, we miss you and we wish we were there!!!
All the Best!!!
Blanka & Warren

Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank BBZ_87
Reviewed July 5, 2012

To keep it simple:
- Very nice clean room, fully equipped with bathroom, TV, DVD, air condition.
- Beautiful terrace and garden.
- Very welcoming and warm hosts. Very authentic family.
- Excellent food (dinner and breakfast) made by Benny's wife, Lurdes!! Especially the sea food ones.
- Perfect location, very close to the beach (beautiful crystal clear water).

Overall it was one of our best experiences concerning accommodation in Cuba. Way better than any of the state-run hotels!
We definitely would recommend it to everyone - just make sure you book in advance since rooms go quick.

Sara & Philip
London, UK

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Philip T
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Beny and his family are sweethearts. They welcomed me and my daughter and made us feel like part of the family. They provide clean rooms, delicious food (huge portions), and each room has a private bath, safe, and mini-bar. As everyone else has said, his casa is very close to the beach, restaurants, and all amenities you could want. As Michelle stated, the vibe was happy and relaxed, and the property itself was well-maintained and very attractive.

I would definitely return to Cuba and stay with Beny and his family. I highly recommend their home.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank Pamela058
Reviewed June 23, 2012

My 22 year old daughter and I stayed at Beny's for 5 days and nights from 8th to 13th June 2012. Beny Senior and Beny Junior and their families were great. Really helpful and friendly in every way. We really enjoyed staying at their place and felt very "looked after". The accommodation was safe, clean and comfortable and the general "vibe" was happy and relaxed. Beny Snr served us a delicious breakfast everyday in the front courtyard. The location is also excellent, close to the main township of Varadero and 100 metres from what is possibly one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. Beny's recommendations for local restaurants and night spots were also great. In short we LOVED our stay there and will be recommending to all of our friends.

Michelle and Sophia from Sydney, Australia