All reviewsrestaurants and shopsprivate bathroomlovely casahome away from homethe location is perfectlobsterair conditioningother guestscleaned dailybeatles barcasascubabeachparticularstrinidadmojito
Reviewed April 8, 2012

I have nearly travelled the world, and this was my first trip to cuba, and the first time i tried a casa particular. I was so impressed by the cuban people, but most of all where I stayed. I cant describe my new family, the warmth, the wonderful food, the service. You will never catch me again at a resort. Beny and Adrianna took us to Havana for two days. It would have taken us two weeks for what they showed us in two days if we had to have done it on our own. His mom, my new sister, and his dad, ita and his sister Nelvis, our new friend Donna. I could write a whole book on our wonderful month long stay with them, I hope to get back to Benys house within the next couple of years and am going to stay for two months. I have been only home for a week, but miss them so very much already. Love them all lots and lots. Lori. from canada

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 4, 2012

There are just too many good things to say about Benny's. The rooms are spacious with tons of closet space, the beds are big and comfy, the grounds are meticulous with beautiful garden landscapes and the food is home made and absolutely delicious. No hotel food here! Hands down, the best place I have ever stayed in Cuba. At Benny's, we became part of the family, were treated with kindness and respect and forged life long friendships with Benny and his family. I can't wait to see them again, I miss them all so much already.

Jennifer Pasher,
Orangeville, ON, Canada

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank Jennifer P
Reviewed March 22, 2012

We stayed at Beny's for three days in mid February. It is an excellent casa with all the modern day amenities. Our room had a king size bed, AC, fridge, TV/DVD, loads of closet and drawer space and a large bathroom. Beny's family makes you feel most welcome right from moment one to when you leave. They have a great terrace and garden area larger than most Cuban casas. The breakfasts and dinners are very good with everything fresh and prepared just for you upon request. The casa is just across the street from the best beach ever--white powder sand and turquoise blue water. It is not crowded like the all inclusive beaches down the peninsula and gives you a chance to mingle with the locals. You can get drinks and snacks at a couple of beach bars. Don't buy your supplies at the 24 hour joint acoss the street as a beer costs $2.50 while at the beach bars it is $1.25. There are a couple of great restaurants down the street-- La Fondue and Dante,the Italian Restaurant in Parque Josone next to Beny's. We highly recommend this casa to all travelers. Don't forget to ask Beny Senior for a quick Salsa lesson.

Room Tip: They also have a room with a kitchenette.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TravelingMac60
Reviewed March 17, 2012

Honestly, if you want to experience Cuba, Varadero's Hotels are not the best choice to find it.

At the beginning of our 3 weeks holiday we spent two nights at Beny's House in Varadero. Afterwards we started our trip throughout the country (always casas particulares). At the end we passed three nights in one of the better all inclusive hotels in Varadero. We simply would have loved to change the prebooked hotel with another stay in Beny's House !

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Morpheusus
Reviewed March 15, 2012

We spent 2 nights here in Veradero. Beny and his family were welcoming, helpful, and spoke excellent English. Our suite had a kitchen, bathroom and room - all of which were clean and had everything we needed. Located just off the main street, it was close to the beach and restaurants and best of all, away from the all-inclusive-hotel strip.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple