If you are the type of person that likes a first class resort then this is the place for you.
Spend the extra money if a quality resort is important to you.
No need to look elsewhere.
The resort is very clean and well maintained and the enviroment is very comfortable.
We are 3 guys that went together (over 50 ) We each had our own room.
The staff is very friendly and accomadating for the most part.
Getting a drink in the lobby bar can be difficult though as they are very slow in reacting
when you try to place a n order. You have to be patient.
THE FOOD -- very good with lots of variety at the buffet. There are chefs to make you omlettes or grilled meats, special pasta dishes etc. The food is presented very well
with lots to eat. Plenty of deserts and fruits and icecream as well.
The JAPANESE restraunt is excellent with the chef concocting a mixed meal for you.
You don't even order here. he just puts on a show and makes a great stirfry
The weather was not cooperative so we didn't spend much time at the beach or pool
but kept busy other ways.
I rented a scooter in the town of VAREDERO and cruised around the streets distributing
gifts to people i saw walking or sitting in front of their home. This brought me great
pleasure as the people are so appreciative of anything you give them due to the high prices and unavailability of items in the stores.
Life is a real struggle for people. They need so much and earn so little.
i gave out -- SOCKS, BANDAIDS, HATS, PENS, PENCILS, CRAYONS, COLOURING BOOKS, TOOTHPASTE, TOOTHBRUSH, SOAP, FLASHLIGHTS, GUM,
The people just loved it. it was a great experiance.
I gave the staff in the hotel lots of stuff and I did the same during my trip to HAVANA.
Make so you visit the DOLLAR STORE before you leave and load up.
The nightlife at the reort is a little slow. People congregate at the lobby bar and see the
nightly show which is fine, but not much else to do.
There are lots of nightclubs in VAREDERO if you are in to that. i went once.
I did that scene in my younger years.
Also by 11:30 I was dead tired from being up at 7:30 and on the go most days.
The town is only 8 km away and we walked there one day (for exercise) and took a taxi
there a couple of other times.
Once again this resort is GREAT on all levels. You will be very happy here.
However i wouldn't reccomend it for SINGLES as I hardly saw any here.
Any questions you can email me -- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meliá Las Américas is the premier Golf Resort in Cuba and it is also the only one with direct access to The Varadero Golf Club. Located on The Varadero Peninsula, a tropical paradise jutting into the clear waters of the Caribbean on Cuba’s northern coats. Poised between the beach and championship golf course, the 5-star hotel is an upscale all inclusive adults only (over 18 years). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelsClick so you can book your Melia Las Americas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Las Americas Hotel Varadero
- Melia Hotel Varadero
- Melia Hotel Las Americas
- Melia Las Americas Varadero