6,125 results
All reviews bernard meyer la arcada il limoncello the general manager ana rosa cascada bar bungalow pool lobby bar tee times string quartet a la carte restaurants international restaurant fish dupont mansion ocean view special thanks beautiful beach
Reviewed October 17, 2017 via mobile

We had a fantastic seven night all inclusive stay in the Melia Las Americas. Our room was clean and comfortable, the pool was lovely and the beach area brilliant. Beach activities are free, you can help yourself to kayaks etc and go on catamaran rides. We paid for a snorkelling trip which was awesome, the fish were huge.

The food at the hotel is delicious, we absolutely stuffed ourselves each meal. Of the A La Carte restaurants, our favourites were the Sushi restaurant and the Cuban restaurant. The staff are brilliant. There was one lady making omelettes at breakfast, I told her I was gluten intolerant and asked if any of the pastries were gluten free. Unfortunately they weren't, but from then on each day she was working she turned up with 3/4 gluten free muffins! That really is above and beyond service.

We loved the hotel and would stay there again.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with friends
2  Thank Rtownoflondon
jefeventasmla, Director of Sales at Melia Las Americas, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2017

Dear Rtownoflondon,
We are truly glad to know that you enjoyed a very pleasant stay at Meliá Las Américas! We were please to see your positive remarks about our facilities and services. The greatest motivation for us is to know that you were pleased with our service and recommend our hotel. We do look forward to welcome you back in the future and providing you with another great holiday experience.
Our best greetings.

Reviewed October 16, 2017

you have to visit Melia las America once and i'm sure it won't be your last , I guarantee it!!

where do I start my wife and I and my in-laws arrived Oct. 01 right after Varadero was hit with a devastating hurricane , not knowing what to expect..

what I saw was unreal every employee no matter what level was literally
on hand and knee cleaning beach , hotel , whatever had to be done was done

General Manager Bernard Myers you are absolutely the best. making sure every guest and I mean every guest is having a great time, friendly , tentative to detail , I 've notice him picking up the tiniest piece of paper from the floor, he is the Magnet that keeps pulling you back to paradise (Melia Las America). a leader the leads by example

his supporting staff

Rafael : director food and beverage
hard working dedicated , you'll always see him making sure all is presentable and plentiful very very hard working

Gennaro Salvato : resident chef .
a master in and out of the kitchen prepares some amazing dishes caters to your taste and will also take the time to talk to guest
his assistant Joelle is also an amazing chef

managers:

Zahily , Karina ,Osmani , Isis , will go out of their way to accommodate you , also true master at their profession

Raul: main lobby bar a Master
Valdin : buffet waiter a Master

POOL AND BEACH

Batista ,Elvis,Nelson Carlos , Sergio ,Raul , Lulu you guys are truly awesome

entertainment staff :

Lia (the best ) Roberto ( the best ) and of course the greatest showman ever Julio (the greatest)

again Bernard thank you so much , my hat off to you , a great man and I am proud to call you a friend . and god willing " I'LL BE BACK"

Room Tip: any room , i prefer ocean view
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
7  Thank RDRMONTREAL

Dear RDRMONTREAL,
On behalf of the entire Meliá Las Américas Staff, we would like to thank you for your review. Your feedback will encourage us to continue providing the high level of service we deeply believe our guests deserve. We sincerely believe that we can only gain the loyalty of our guests by providing a exceptional customer service.
We look forward to have the privilege to welcome you back for another unforgettable vacation.
Best regards from Varadero.

Reviewed October 16, 2017

This was our fifth visit to Melia Las Americas. We had been hesitant to book because of the recent hurricane damage reported on the news.The resort had barely 200 guest when we had visited. We were amazed on the generally great condition of the main hotel and the resort and its facilities. yes there had been some damage to areas of the resort however repairs were well on there way and we did not feel it impacted us on our holiday.The staff and management were friendly and professional as always, The food was excellent. the beach was in great condition. To our surprise the golf course was in the greatest condition we had seen it in the last twelve years

Room Tip: all are good the main hotel more central to restaurants and bars, bungalows give a greater sense of privacy
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ann H

Dear Ann H,
Thank you so much for taking the time to report your impressions about your recent vacation Meliá Las Américas. We are glad to hear that you had a nice vacation with us. We were glad that you enjoyed our facilities & services, mainly the condition of the golf course and friendly staff.
Thank you again for your comments and for your recommendation and we look forward to your 6th visit.
Best regards from Cuba

Reviewed October 15, 2017

My husband and I were here Sept 30 to Oct 7th. Had an excellent vacation. We stayed in the main building on the 3rd floor, Oceanview and it was awesome. All the Staff was great. Nice entertainment in the lobby during the day and in the evening, fashion shows, singing, piano playing, Had a problem with the lock in our room. called from desk and in a matter of 5 minutes they were at the room fixing. I found the beds very hard, would like to see screen doors on the balcony doors so you can keep the doors open at night to get a breeze and hear the ocean. 5 minute walk from the resort there is a plaza, place to buy gifts to bring home, also had a small grocery store, bank, places to eat, very nice. The beach was gorgeous, lots of chairs, the water was like bath water. Took a day trip to Havana, very nice . No issues with food at all, there was always something good to eat.
We look forward to returning again someday.

Room Tip: 3rd floor oceanview awesome, has an elevator, but very small, Maybe 4 people to fit, no big deal
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
4  Thank penneyb890
jefeventasmla, Director of Sales at Melia Las Americas, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2017

Dear penneyb890,
Thank you very much for your nice review and for choosing our resort to enjoy your vacation. We are so happy to know that you loved our resort. We appreciated your highlight of our professional and friendly staff as well as our fantastic beach.
Thanks again for your review and we look forward to welcome you back next year.
Best regards from Varadero

Reviewed October 15, 2017 via mobile

We had a lovely stay.. Staff are attentive at all times, our room which was a bungalow sweet was lovely my only concern was the generator which happened to be located on top of our roof I had trouble sleeping most nights as it wouldn't go off very loud and disappointing.. Everything else perfect.. From what I saw there seemed a lot of work going on ready for their busy season so therefore I would go back maybe in a few years time.
I know our room and bathroom seemed a bit runed down but at the end of the day we really didn't spend much time in the room. I know in the bungalow suites you have a lot more room and a terrace and a lounge/diner area.
Food amazing the restaurants perfect we loved the Japanese restaurant Sakura.
As for La Arcada food lovely just felt a bit rushed in just under an hour we had a 4 course meal we needed some time to digest our food.

But if you want relaxation.. Switch off.. Good food.. Sun.. Great beaches and then Melia has that.
We escaped hurricane Maria and were very lucky to of been offered this hotel as our other one was closed due to the hurricane and was a better choice.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple

Dear Enza R,
Thank you for your kind review of our hotel. We are pleased that you truly enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate the good and not so good comments and your observations are of a great value to us so that we may persist on our efforts to have more satisfied and happy clients each day!
We look forward to welcome you back soon for a new vacation with us.
With our best greetings