My husband and I have enjoyed four terrific holidays at the Melia Las Americas. The first trip was on our own and the next three trips were with friends who enjoy the Melia as much as we do.
We are seasoned travellers and have had many holidays in the Caribbean over the years. We never stay at a hotel that is rated less than 4.5 stars. We have been all over the Islands, Mexico and the Dominican Republic. Yes, it is true that 5 stars in Cuba may not be quite the same as 5 stars in other Countries. The Melia however, has such warmth and old world charm that any slightly worn decor is of little importance when compared to the inviting staff, impeccable cleanliness, abundant fresh food and genuinely good live-music entertainment. The Melia is adults-only and caters to those who enjoy good food, good service and good entertainment all without the sound of children to disturb the atmosphere.
The proximity of the golf course makes an early morning tee off just a quick walk away. The beach is never crowded and it is always easy to find a lounger and shade if you need it. The beach games and entertainment are good for breaking up those afternoon snoozes in the sunshine and we are looking forward to hearing the staff call for "Uncle Barry" to join in again this winter.
The buffet and theme restaurants have excellent food and service if you enjoy seafood, beef, pork, chicken, fresh veggies, excellent salads, cheeses and an abundant desert table. Those travellers who complain about the food must be hoping to find instant, pre-packaged fare which is certainly not available at the Melia.
Lunch at the outdoor beach restaurant is always good. The drinks are cold, the food is tasty the fruit plates are excellent! If you're lucky you'll be there when the wait-staff break into an impromptu salsa dance to the background music that keeps the atmosphere fun.
We could choose to book our winter holiday anywhere at all but now that we've found the Melia we don't want to go anywhere else for sunshine, beach swims, golf, lazy afternoons, good food and entertainment.
Sharon and Robert
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meliá Las Américas is the premier Golf Resort in Cuba and it is also the only one with direct access to The Varadero Golf Club. Located on The Varadero Peninsula, a tropical paradise jutting into the clear waters of the Caribbean on Cuba’s northern coats. Poised between the beach and championship golf course, the 5-star hotel is an upscale all inclusive adults only (over 18 years). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelsClick so you can book your Melia Las Americas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Las Americas Hotel Varadero
- Melia Hotel Varadero
- Melia Hotel Las Americas
- Melia Las Americas Varadero