“Wonderful vacation !!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 63 Hotels in Varadero
Montreal, Canada
“Wonderful vacation !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

Had a great week at Las Americas. Was inCuba several times , if I go back again this is the perfect spot for us. An adult only, relaxing and the service was just wonderful and always with a smile. I knew we had an upgrade and upon arrival we were told they had a two storey bungalw for us. This would of been great except I have a knee problem, it took them two minutes to change my room to the main hotel were I did not have to take stairs. Bonus ....ocean view. The buffet is varied and well presented and always fresh. They have great staff preparing the food to your liking. They have this great pizza every lunch, its a simple tomato pizza, but what taste ! I recommend this to people that want peace and quiet but with activities of all sorts and the hussle and bussle of the town of Varadero just around the corner. The little town I first saw 15 years ago is now thriving with restaurants, shops and bars. It's confirmed, next time to Varadero I'm not looking at anywhere else but Las Americas.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Lafontaine1956
MLAGeneralManager, General Manager at Melia Las Americas, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
I would like to express my most sincere appreciation for your comments and that your are thinking to come back to Melia La Americas as you had a wonderful vacation. The greatest motivation for us is to know that you were pleased with our service. We will gladly inform our staff about your comments as they will give them confidence to increase the quality of their daily services as you mentioned supervising any service the rest. japanese.
I look forward to welcoming you back to Melia Las Americas again and please let me know in advanced any details to look after your requests with pleasure.
Stefano Sturni

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (979)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

My husband and I went for the first time at the Melia Las Americas and were very pleased to play golf directly at the hotel and the beach and ocean are simply wonderful.

I recommend to go at the pool bar to meet Raul he makes the best Mango Daiquiri that I ever had. When there is no more Mango it is Banana Daiquiri or Pineapple Daiquiri. He is very funny and give ambiance to this bar.

I have to mention that we had a wonderful service with Ian Fernandez (the manager of all the restaurants) he was very helpfull to us and we enjoyed is smile and kindness.

Thank you Raul and Ian to made our stay very nice.

Regarding the food it was Ok and need some improvement.

Room Tip: Take a room on the golf course view it is nice and quiet
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lyne C
Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate immensely your taking some of your invaluable time to share your experience at our Hotel with others.

I am very glad to know that your visit to Melia Las Americas was nice and thanks for your positicve comments.

We will be very happy and pleased to pass your gentle opinions to all and specially to our Maitre Ivan and Raul witho his incredible cocktails, because comments like yours, motivate them to improve the quality of the services they provide.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Melia Las Americas for your second time and let me tell that will celebrate the V Edition of the Meliá Cuba Golf Cup from october 24th up to october 26th, on this event will take place golfers from more than 12 countries and a lot of fun is guaranteed. DO NOT MISS IT!

I hope to have the honour of greeting you in Melia Las Americas soon.

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

We recently stayed here and was happy with the overall service, amenities and location of this Melia hotel. Compared with our stay at Tryp Havana, this was many times better.

The staff were very helpful, the rooms were clean (we were on the 3rd floor with Sea view) and the food was generally good for an all inclusive hotel. We are vegetarians and with the choice of restaurants, we were well looked after.

Would certainly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: 3rd and 4th floors with Sea view.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Joe64
MLAGeneralManager, General Manager at Melia Las Americas, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
I would like to express my most sincere appreciation for your comments and I really appreciate your words in relacion to our animation team. Thanks again for trust Melia La Americas. We will be very happy and pleased to pass your kind remarks to our staff, as comments like yours encourage them to improve and offer the best of themselves.
I look forward to welcoming you back to Melia Las Americas for the second time.
Mexico City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

The best of Melia were the entertainers and night shows! Loved Bianca's voice and Julio making people laugh all around the hotel. The beach and the pool are very nice. The food is ok considering it's an All Inclusive. It's closeness to the golf club adds a nice view compared to other hotels in the area.

Everyone was kind and helpful except for the receptionists who seem to be very busy and stressed all the time! Also, to my fellow Mexicans: unfortunately they don't serve spicy food and currency exchange cannot be with Mexican pesos.

Try all the Cuban drinks in the cocktail menu and the Cubanito sandwich for a challenge. Champagne is always served at La Terraza to enjoy your meals.

Yep, I would definitely go back to Melia Las Americas.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank elotito23
MLAGeneralManager, General Manager at Melia Las Americas, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
I would like to express my most sincere appreciation for your comments and that your are thinking to come back to Melia La Americas. The greatest motivation for us is to know that you were pleased with our service an thank for your nice word to animation team. We will gladly inform our staff about your comments as they will give them confidence to increase the quality of their daily services .
I look forward to welcoming you back to Melia Las Americas for the second time and please let me know in advanced any details to look after your requests with pleasure.
Châteauguay, Quebec, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

everything was fine at the hotel, great food, good service and nice personnel. Close to golf course wich is fine. Nice golf course. Will certainly go back for sure... Weather was very good. Reservations for restaurants was very good. Beach was good. Service in the restaurants was always good. The layout of the golf course is very good but the condition of the greens was so and so. Maybe they disurve a bit more attention.....

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

4 Thank Jacky J
MLAGeneralManager, General Manager at Melia Las Americas, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
I would like to express my most sincere appreciation for your comments. The greatest motivation for us is to know that you were pleased with our service. We will be very happy and pleased to pass your kind remarks to our staff, as comments like yours encourage them to improve and offer the best of themselves.

Zagreb
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

My husband and I stayed here in June 2013, and had a great time. We booked the cheapest type of room, but asked for the room with the view of the golf course on upper floors, and got it. The hotel staff was helpfull, the food was really good, a lot of choices, specially among fruits and juices. We loved their pies!! Best we ever ate...
Also, the mail pool was really nice, and the sunbeds were great and always available.
We enjoyed the fact that it is an adults only resort so it was really quite and peaceful.
Among the bars we prefer LA CASCADA, since it is open 24h and has the best hamburgers...
also in the evenings, a lady with wonderfull voice, named Blanka, sings there and I would definitly recommend it (I think she sings Sat-Tue).
Lobby bar is also very good with wonderful pina coladas, and the staff working there is the best of all around the resort.
Beach is nice, very available and close, and we liked the fact that is close to the main pool. So we stayed at the pool and went swimming in the ocean as well.
We prefered staying in the main building rather than in the bungalows. I must also mention that the gardens are kept really well, and evertything is clean and nice.
The big shopping mall - Plaza Americas is very close to the hotel, next door, so that was good to see also (totally diffrent from what we are use to, here in Europe).
We made an organized trip - 3 cities, and liked it a lot. Quite lot od driving in the bus, but it was interesting for us, since it was our 1st time in Cuba.
Overall, we had a great time in Melia Las Americas and would definitly return!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank majavola
Dear Valued Guest,
I would like to express my most sincere appreciation for your comments and that your are thinking to come back to Melia La Americas. The greatest motivation for us is to know that you were pleased with our service. We will gladly inform our staff about your comments as they will give them confidence to increase the quality of their daily services.
Bursall
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

We were there from March 15 - 23 and enjoyed every minute of our holiday. Our room was clean and the mini bar was always stocked. The staff were all very friendly and always there to help. The food was good and there was always The only thing that disappointed me was the golf they advertise it as free but charged $33/person for a mandatory cart. The beach was beautiful... we will definitely be going back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

3 Thank saskwedding
MLAGeneralManager, General Manager at Melia Las Americas, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We thank you immensely for taking the time to share your detailed experience with others and for your nice comments about our resort, food, and service.

I am overjoyed to read that your visit to Melia La Americas for your honeymoon was a dream trip and that our staff made you feels welcomed and loved. We will keep on working hard to provide the best of all ourselves. Our goal is always to exceed our guests´ expectations.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Melia Las Americas again and let me tell that will celebrate the V Edition of the Meliá Cuba Golf Cup from october 24th up to october 26th, on this event will take place golfers from more than 12 countries and a lot of fun is guaranteed.
DO NOT MISS IT!

Stefano Sturni
Also consider these accommodations in or near Varadero
Sol Hotel
Royal Palms
Royal Palms
#1 of 3 in South Hill
Barcelo Solymar Arenas Blancas Resort

Been to Melia Las Americas? Share your experiences!