Just returned from our 7th trip to Cuba (our 3rd stay @ Las Americas) Needless to say, the quick V.I.P. checkin afforded returning guests in a great idea and after settling into RM #4310 Oceanview, we were off to get a bite to eat in the Buffet. Even tho it was 9 pm, we found lots to eat and were pleased, then off to the lobby bars to say Hi to old fiends and get welcome back hugs. Yusi, and the gang are always pleasant and we love the good working relationship that is obvious when you watch their interaction. Entertainment in the 24 hrs lobby bar was really quite good. The singer has a voice that will blow you away, she does Adele's songs just as well as Adele, and her guitarist is also very talented. It was wonderful walking out of our room in the morning and finding our maid Julia from last year ready with hugs and kisses. The staff of this hotel are by far the friendliest most accomodating people and Mr. Stefano the GM and Zahily from Customer Service can be proud!! Do not miss one of Raul's special margaritas at the Seafood Barbeque Bar. The ala carte restaurants served us very tasty meals, especially the International Gourmet on my hubby's BIrthday. Beautiful dinner, excellent wine (we purchased) for the birthday celebration, however, house wine is Chilean and is good. The live music accompany our dinner was very entertaining. Oh, I forgot to mention the ice-bucket chilled bottle of Champagne waiting for us when we came up from the pool on the Birthday. It was nice to sip as we got ready for dinner. Back to entertainment, lobby bar has a piano player nightly, but the 24 hr club has live dance musc if you are so inclined. Another huge plus......24hr room service, yummy burgers and we had breakfast in the room once...delicious and at the door in 20 minutes.
There are lots of activities going on doing the day, Spanish lesson, salsa lessons, couples games, volleyball and Beverley, Luidmila and the rest of the entertainment staff are at your disposal. We did notice a lot more younger couples than last year and having met a few of them, they were very pleased with the resort and the fact that it boasts the only on site Golf Course in Varadero. This course is beautiful and well-maintained. This resort is immaculate and the grounds are beautiful. The pools are sparkling and spotless. I cannot imagine staying anywhere else in Varadero. My husband and I travel quite a bit and we do our research, we will be going back again next year and the only thing I would like to see changed is.......Chef Rey back behind the Sushi Bar in the Japanese restaurant!!! Please, please Stefano!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meliá Las Américas is the premier Golf Resort in Cuba and it is also the only one with direct access to The Varadero Golf Club. Located on The Varadero Peninsula, a tropical paradise jutting into the clear waters of the Caribbean on Cuba’s northern coats. Poised between the beach and championship golf course, the 5-star hotel is an upscale all inclusive adults only (over 18 years). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Prodigios Interactivos SA, Booking.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Melia Las Americas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Las Americas Hotel Varadero
- Melia Hotel Varadero
- Melia Hotel Las Americas
- Melia Las Americas Varadero