This has been our most enjoyable stay in Cuba out of 7 different resorts. The location Is great (walk to golf & plaza), all rooms are very close to the beach and it's not too far into town. We found the food to be superior and of a better quality then past trips. Lots of seafood choices & a good variety every night. Lunch at the buffet is also very good but fajitas at the pool snack bar were tops. We also had a very good meal at the Italian resturant. Room service is readily available and was delivered all times within 20 mins.
There are four pools at the resort and steps within all rooms. With the abundance of pools you are going to always have a good spot. The quality of the beach in Varadero goes without saying.
Highlights for us were the gourmet resturant, had a very tasty meal there and we're blown away by the ambiance and the very high level of service. It was akin to going to a high end steakhouse. The staff should b commended. My wife really enjoyed Tai Chi in the mornings with Lazaro Reyes. She being Chinese & a long time practicer of Tai Chi was pleasantly surprised to find a knowledgable instructor. The resort has a great asset in Lazaro. Our room was very spacious and clean. Bonus was hot water on demand. We have stayed at other resorts that did not have this luxury. In general the staff at Las Americas are very professional and a cut above other resorts. I think this is a case of the cream rising to the top.
Overall, the resort offers a quiet and relaxing environment that is a cut above most other Cuban resorts. We can back after the week with no complaints and smiles on our faces. Looking forward to going back nxt year!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meliá Las Américas is the premier Golf Resort in Cuba and it is also the only one with direct access to The Varadero Golf Club. Located on The Varadero Peninsula, a tropical paradise jutting into the clear waters of the Caribbean on Cuba’s northern coats. Poised between the beach and championship golf course, the 5-star hotel is an upscale all inclusive adults only (over 18 years). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelsClick so you can book your Melia Las Americas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Las Americas Hotel Varadero
- Melia Hotel Varadero
- Melia Hotel Las Americas
- Melia Las Americas Varadero