“Brisas Del Caribe ok, but main buffet was closed.”

Brisas del Caribe Hotel
Ranked #25 of 64 Hotels in Varadero
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Well better late than never we stayed here November 2012 and I forgot to write a review. To start we only paid 605.00 tax inc. The rooms were clean but there was a sewer gas odour that would come out of the sink. We put towels over it to make the smell stop. The hotel employees are lovely except for the red shirt guys who come right over if you give people a type of gift for excellent service. That didn't make me feel comfortable and I am sorry if any employees got in trouble. They work hard and deserved the gifts I gave the ontop of a tip. The main buffet was closed and as a result the whole resort ate in what was the snack bar. What a nightmare it was like no one saw food before. Breakfast was terrible, the eggs were cold (I don't think the steam tables were actually working, just there to put out the food). The grill by the beach was good but you can only live on grilled chicken and pizza for so long. The paella was good and so was the grilled fish. Hint: bring Franks hot sauce to put on the chicken. The beach is great and the security guards, service staff for chairs at the beach are excellent. All wait staff here is just amazing. This is a small hotel we stayed in room 206 and it was nice because it was close to the main lobby and had a nice pool and palm tree view. Would I go back here again? Only if the renovations are complete and the trip is no more than 750.00 taxes in canadian. There are better places to go.

Room Tip: 2nd floor has a nice view and is close to main lobby this is the main building. There is family sect...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Seethaler
There are newer reviews for Brisas del Caribe Hotel

Reviewed July 23, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed four days at the hotel after having travelled around Cuba. The hotel needs a make over. It is old and worn down. The beach is amazing, free sunbeds and very few people. The food at the hotel is really bad. To be honest Cuba does not have very good cuisine, but still the food at Brisas del caribe was worse than anywhere else we had seen in Cuba. The hotel has a buffet restaurant and two a la card. You have to book a table at 10 am for one of the a la card (they are closed on Sundays) and do so, because the buffet restaurant is bad. Poor quality food, but what is worse, we experienced a lot of the other guests used their hands to pick up food from the buffet!!!!

Most of the turists are cubans and russians and much louder than we experienced in Havanna and Trinidad. So keep that in mind. This is an all inclusive hotel so the food has to improve before we would recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lisbeth G
Reviewed July 19, 2013

My family and I have been to this resort a couple of times and we are hoping to return in January again. I am so confused at the mixed reviews that people give this resort. Both times we have been to the Brisas Del Caribe we have never encountered the problems that some of these people have had to deal with. I think the Resort is lovely. Yes there is some improvements that can be done around the property but certainly nothing that would completely ruin your holiday. The people who say that the staff are rude and unaccomadating i think are ridiculous because we LOVE the staff at Brisas and that is half of the reason we keep going back. I think the real problem is that people want to pay little money and expect 5 star ( canadian standard) accomadations and service. There is nothing wrong with going on holidays and wanting good service but i have witnessed first hand how some tourists walk around with their nose high in the air and treat the Resort staff rudely themselves. They think butting in line, snapping thier fingers and flashing one peso should entitle them to better service? I think not. Try smiling at the staff, get to know their names and most importantly give them the respect they deserve and they will do the same in return!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
15  Thank Bennybs
Gisell A, Public Relations Manager at Brisas del Caribe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Dear Guests,

On a behalf of the staff and management here at Brisas del Caribe we would like to thank you for your nice review to the tripadvisor. We are very happy to know that you enjoyed the time you spender in our property. I have shared your comments with our team and they will be delight to see you soon!

You and your family will always be welcome to Brisas.

Best regards!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed there during the first week of July 2013. For a four star hotel the rooms are very basic. We were given a third floor room. As soon as we entered the room my son tried opening the curtain and the panel fell missing his head by inches. They took it away and we did not see it back until we checked out. One of the mini fridge did not work the other barely. Bed quality was extremely basic. Wash room door handles were wobbly. I opened drawers and a few handles came off. Most of hotel is in need of major repairs. On the second day while we were sitting in the lobby my wife's bag got stolen. I contacted the service desk and without even inquiring from anyone she asked me to forget about it. The worst service desk personnel I have encountered in my life. We have to talk with other staff members. Never saw the manager. No wifi. a 10CUC card will give you one hour of internet time with one page taking 5-10 minutes to load. Except for the service desk staff is friendly and nice. Beach is awesome. Food is OK. I demand a refund.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Slick69
Gisell A, Public Relations Manager at Brisas del Caribe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for posting your opinion at tripadvisor, because it is important to know positive and negative points about our services in order to improve these aspects you were not satisfied about. We apologize for all the inconveniences and promise to transmit the Desk staff you name how satisfied you were with their service

Receive a warm greeting

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I went to this hotel with my whole family because they said it had amenities for kids and it had nothing, the 24 hr snack bar was only hamburgers and hotdogs and grilled cheese and the meat was under cooked. The maid stole from our room we had to call the police the rooms were moldy and smelled and the safe didn't work. There were prostitutes in the hotel and it was full of locals this hotel is not for tourist. The food is terrible they don't even have a proper salad bar. the only good thing about this hotel is that it is close to the beach but the hotel is crappy. do not spend your money to go to this hotel it is not worth it, your stuff is not safe. the staff are not friendly don't have smiles on there face only when you give them a paso they smile.

Room Tip: do not choose this hotel rooms are moldy and smell
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank christine g

Dear Guest,

We are very concerned about your disappointment with our hotel .We would also like our guests never encounter any problem during their stay and we do apologize for the unfortunate events you went through. We are going to pay close attention to all the negative remarks you have written in order to prevent similar events in the future. We are already working to address all these issues and to ensure they will not become a motive for another guest’s disappointment. Concerning the amenities for kids we have an entire program for them with great variety of activities and we have very professional staff to take care of them. You can always seek for the assistance of Customer Service; they will help you address all your needs. Our hope is that you come back and we are able to live up to your expectations from the beginning.
We all are looking forward to welcoming you again
Best regards.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Don't listen to the cheap people making bad reviews, If these people want to disrespect their travel because they are cheap, doesn't give them the right to shoot down any Hotel. I made my first trip out of Canada and first time on a plane and found this Hotel to be awesome and friendly. The only thing I didn't like was that the Russians were drunk 24-7 and acted like idiots, causing many issue's threw out my week there, Nothing will come out of this as Russian and Cubans are Allies from cold war era...Would I return for my second trip? your damn right I would!...as for the Russians..i'll just bring my hockey stick next time for the face-off lol...As for the cheap Canadians who are cheap and think they are rich...find a different country to go 2..

Room Tip: Any where the Russians aren't lol..they like to party
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank RodeoClown155000

Dear Guest,

On a behalf of the staff and management here at Brisas del Caribe we would like to thank you for your review. We all are hardworking people always seeking the best for all our clients. Should you choose our hotel, or some other Brisas Hotels, for your next vacation, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Wish you all the best

Kind Regards

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We went to Brisas del Caribe twice (february. 2009,march2012) and each time had great time. Vary quiet at night which was important for our 1 yr old second time around.We were staying at South side Family room. Beach and grounds are beautiful and most of all we love all the staff!!! Food was good for us because we like organic food, I don't believe anyone will stay hungry even if you only eat fruit or veggies. We thought that our room was vary clean and didn't have any strong smells. However, we picked non smoking room because of baby 2nd time, 1st time was smoking room but we just had windows open to air out. we loved the balconies and pool room and idea that there was no hallway to walk out to. People can not expect to get Canadian 4 star room, place is clean and decorated according to wealth of the country and price you pay. This hotel is our family get away for years to come :)))
We also got married in Brisas Bella Costa ( january 2010), other than food we didn't like anything there and i will not go back there again.

Room Tip: South Side Garden View, we loved it. Quiet and great view
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank senada-mike

Thanks a lot for your kind review. We are very happy to read you enjoyed our beach and facilities,I have shared your comments with our staff and they are very happy to read your opinion Your satisfaction is the most important thing for us, so we appreciate the time you took for letting us know this. We will be looking forward to greeting you again.

Kind regards