I stayed at the Arenas Doradas April 27-May 4. The following is the raw truth based on my experiance. I travelled with no expectations of lavishness or luxury just prayed for relaxation, clean living conditions and edible food. I travelled as a couple with another couple. I stayed in the 200 block of buildings which is a great location directly in front of the pool n in the middle walking distance of either the beach or main lobby/ disco.
- beach is absolutley beautiful
- lots of chairs n huts for shade
- free parasailing, boats but book early
- pool is beautiful, again alot of seats and a swim up bar
-the entertainment that i did see the synchronized swimmers, live music, salsa dancing was pretty good but other than that the activities were not the greatest
- made to order eggs for breakfast and pasta for dinner
- medical service is efficient ( became very sick) and i was taken care of very well with follow up calls/ assessments
- food ( never hot, flies n birds are eating the buffet food as well)
-al a cartes are not good
- bottled water (1 per room ) two days we recieved none
- staff are not the friendliest
-2 days there were cuban police in front of our room door for long periods they never said anything to us but literally were so loud at night and appeared to be taking samples of our door handle
- we had to go find the manager to then be told what had happened
- third day we had to write statements documenting if we saw anything which we did not
- forever running out of toilet paper and towels took half a day to get either of the two.
- clear covers over the food will keep it warmer and keep potentially virus borne insects n birds out
- staff look straight up annoyed most of the time .. Why?
-bottled water.. A must everyday
-if a situation happens where security or police are involved it would be nice for some member of the hotel to keep guests privy to the information for peace of mind and safety.
- better food hygiene all around by staff...cooks using bare hands to touch the meat then touched the bread ... Meat left out in the heat for long periods especially at the pool grill
- what is that horrible smell in the main buffet area ???
Essentials to pack:
-Ketchup or condiments you like
-Salt n pepper
-Lots of snacks... Lots
-Lots of bug spray.. Lots , after bite
-Your own bottled water just in case
Imodium or a laxative one of the two situations will happen
- travel mug
-medicine/ i.e cough/ cold or allergy whatever you need just in case no where to buy this unless you want to pay 50$ consult fee for the doctor
- bring less than zero expectations and an open mind
- do not overpay for this resort
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, TravelUp and HotelsClick so you can book your Hotel Roc Arenas Doradas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenas Doradas Varadero
- Arenas Doradas Cuba