Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
2,705 results
All reviews the mexican restaurant beach bar chicken fish close to town bring your own beautiful beach pizza nightly entertainment a la cartes second home old cars other resorts great vacation the double decker bus evening shows white sand
Selected filters
Reviewed February 15, 2020

The first time my wife and I went to Cuba was in February 2014. I'll never forget getting off the bus,smelling the fresh ocean air and hearing the Cuban music playing in the lobby.
The next year we went back to a different Resort and it wasn't quite as nice as the Barlavento.
This years experience was even better than the first. Many upgrades to the rooms,the food was better,I would like to know why there was not any bananas?
The 3rd day of our stay, the air conditioner stopped working and we had no problem getting a new room the same day.
The pools were always well looked after. The entertainment was great,and the beach did not disappoint (absolutely beautiful)
All of the kitchen,dining room,bar,maids,entertainment and front office staff deserve a round of applause. You are some of the nicest, most genuine people I'll ever meet and you all do a great job.
I especially want to thank Migail
I'm not sure on the spelling of his name. Super nice, always smiling and deserves a raise lol.
I look forward to my next visit, which I hope will be very soon.

Regards Mark and Becky

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank E2747VVmarkc
Roc Barlovento V, Director Comercial at Hotel Roc Barlovento, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2020

Good morning:
Thank you very much for having returned to our hotel again, we hope to repeat your visit on your next vacation.
Greetings Dalia

Reviewed February 15, 2020 via mobile

This is a really nice all inclusive hotel with two lovely pools, fantastic beach, great entertainment and good food and drink, staff were great as well, but unfortunately our stay was marred on the last night when our room , which was room 178, started really smelling. It got worse overnight to the point that we were both ill. It was some form of chlorine and we feel lucky that we got away with it.
It was difficult to get the staff to take our concerns seriously until they visited the room. I’ve put this on the site as anyone else getting a similar issue should leave the room immediately.
All that said the hotel was lovely and good value.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank chris17phillips

Good morning Phillips:
Thank you very much for spending a few minutes of your time to review your vacation at Roc Barlovento, I hope to see you again at our hotel to enjoy your vacation, we are sure you will be happy. Have a nice day.
Greetings

Reviewed February 14, 2020

The hotel Roc Barlovento in Varadero is a sweet small resort with short walking distances between lobby and the pools (3) and the beautiful stretch of white sand beach. I got exactly the room I had requested which was midway between and looked out over a pool. Two double beds, small little balcony, mini fridge, TV (2 English channels with a movie channel) and a washroom with shower and tub. The whole resort, including our room, was kept spotlessly clean at all times. There are many repeat guests so you know it's a good deal and nice place, and the staff are fantastically friendly and nice. Special mention to Osmanys at front desk, our maid (room 147) and the main bar staff including Joucette and Ernesto and all the others whose name I did not write down sadly. Kudos to Klauss the Manager who was on site constantly and very approachable. Being Cuba, best to stick to chicken, fish and pork, local fruits etc. There were plenty of deck chairs around the pool, and a nice touch at dusk was the "house band" who played blues and cuban music. The entertainment was very good, with two standouts were the Cuban show and the water ballet in the pool. Incredibly talented performers during those two shows All in all, I would not hesitate to return to the Barlovento. Thank you to all the staff for a great week!

Date of stay: February 2020
1  Thank escapeartistCanada
Roc Barlovento V, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel Roc Barlovento, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2020

Hi,
We are very happy that you have loved our hotel, for our staff there is no more important prize is the satisfaction of our customers. Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your experience at our hotel. See you soon. a big hug from Cuba.

Reviewed February 11, 2020

Nice for the money great staff very friendly lovely beaches my only downside was the food could of been kept hotter
But well worth a try not a lot of hot water for showers very nice people 3 pools plenty of bars barbecues

2  Thank 787richw
Roc Barlovento V, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Roc Barlovento, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2020

Dear 787richw,

thanks for taking the time to write about your experience with us, we will take note on your opinion to continues giving to all our guests the best experience ever with us. we hope to see you again at our resort. best regards

Reviewed February 6, 2020

we just got back from the Roc Barlovento February 1st , for the most part it was ok , the grounds were nice the food was better than other resorts we've been to in cuba , the beach was beautiful and we loved the location of the resort .
Our biggest issue with the resort is that there was smoking aloud in the lobby and in the evenings the amount of people smoking made it very unpleasent for nonsmokers like us and for this reason we are unlikely to return to the roc .
Another thing that annoyed me was the total lack of the better quality rums like Santiago and Legendario , i actually went to the store and purchased my own Legendario , not a big deal but i shouldn't have to .

2  Thank N6991MVmiked
Roc Barlovento V, Director General at Hotel Roc Barlovento, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2020

Hi,
We are not responsible for smokers in the lobby, there is a non-smoking area but we cannot send police behind each smoker. It is a pity that I value the hotel with only 3 stars for this reason, we do not understand if you like the food and the service why you value the hotel as well.