Had another great 2 weeks here. A changes since last year. No bank any more so you have to go to around 30th street. No more giant cheese wheel in the Italian restaurant and that was a disappointment. We brought the hotel some pool balls and ping pong items as last year these were missing. Changed our minds on bringing arrows for archery tho in case they were deemed weapons at customs.
The entertainment crew is great and always try hard to have something for everyone. The new troupe of dancers are young and energetic.
A big disappointment this year was our maid Yamila constantly asking for items for gifts, ditto the washroom maid and the massage lady. We bring many items to give away but do not appreciate being asked.
Don't know about the comment on not getting money back for towels as this year you not give a deposit and only get a card which you turn in at the end.
Realize that if you make a comment about the bartenders selling rum to you (theft) and taking you on a tour privately and naming them as was done by one reviewer, that they will be fired. Augustine the hotel manager does read these reviews as you can see by his occasional postings.
The beach is the very best you can get.
Enjoy your trip. There is always something to eat so do not be put off by food comments. We never starve!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Roc Barlovento is located on beachfront and just a few meters from town centre of Varadero only 25 km away from the airport.This large Caribbean-style resort is in perfect harmony with its natural surroundings along an extensive, fine white sanded beach and turquoise waters .Adults only hotel, over 16 years.Services Around the gardens, there are a tennis court, a solarium, three swimming pools and one jacuzzi. 3 Out Door Pools Sunbeds & Umbrellas Reception 24 hrsStores, shops Air Conditioning Tourism office GardensInternet, with charge Telephone and fax, with charg eMassage, with charge"All Inclusive" Services Buffet service for breakfast, lunch and dinner 3 á la carte restaurants (prior reservation required and upon availability) Fast food, snacks, grill y paellas. Cocktails, beverages: national and international brands. 24 hrs Service. Non motorized water sports (upon availability), snorkel, windsurf, kayak, pedalboatl, catamaran, windsurf . Voleyball, football, tennis, ping pong, billard, petanca, dards, archery and table games. Basket, beach volley, water polo- Gym Sunbeds andbeach/pool towels Day time entertainment programme: aerobics, yoga, dancing lessons, Spanish lessons, pool/beach games. Evening entertainment with a variety of international shows and theme nights (resident band and dancers)GastronomyThe All Inclusive offer includes, in addition to the three complete buffet meals per day, à la carte meals in the 3 specialty restaurants (with reservation) snacks, alcoholic as well as non-alcoholic drinks throughout the day. A great variety of gastronomical treats awaits our guests in the hotel’s 4 restaurants and 4 bars . The hotel offers a 24 hrs service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your Hotel Roc Barlovento reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barlovento Hotel Varadero
- Barlovento Cuba
- Gran Caribe Club Barlovento
- Hotel Barlovento
- Barlovento Varadero