We stayed at the Barlovento 2 years ago and were not disappointed on our return visit.
Our room overlooked the pool area. If you don't go to the nightly entertainment you may want a room somewhere else because you will hear the entertainment. This was not a problem for us as most nights we were entertained by the dancers and musicians. Our room was always immaculate and we looked forward to the new towel art everyday. The only problem with our room was the door to the adjoining room which allowed sounds from the room next door to come into our room. This was especially annoying since the person(s) in the room next door tended to come in around 6:00 am and immediately vomit.
We enjoyed the food at the buffet. There was always a variety of fresh fruits and vegetables. There was a variety of meat including pork, chicken, turkey, fish and cow meat (beef). The pasta chef was very good. The vino tinto and vino blanco from Spain were tasty. The bread at the breakfast buffet was excellent. The only drawback at breakfast was the chance in coffee from fresh brewed to instant. We tried all of the a la carte's. The Mexican was a fun experience and so was the tequila. The pizza and the fresh parmesan at the Italian restaurant were very good. The outdoor Cuban Restaurant is very romantic. Don't forget to spray your ankles with DEET.
The beach was fantastic. There was a fair amount of wind and this created some fantastic waves which made for some fun swimming conditions except for the 2 red flag days. The beach bar serves up some wonderful drinks.
We went on the Jeep Safari. It was a great opportunity to see some of the countyside and smaller villages. Swimming in the caves was a unique experience and so was the trip upriver in our speedboat which was not very spedy. On the one cloudy day during our 2 weeks we took a cab (52 Chevy) to Josone Park for 3 CUC. Be sure to have a Pina Colada in the park and enjoy the entertainment. We walked back the approximately 50 blocks.
The staff at the Barlovento is what made this another great stay. They went out of their way to meet your needs. They always had a smile for you especially when you tried using some Spanish. We also enjoyed meeting fellow Canadians and people from many other countries. The animation crew tried very hard to keep people involved in activities. We even managed to win a couple of bottles of rum which will help us keep happy memories of the Barlovento this winter.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Roc Barlovento is located on beachfront and just a few meters from town centre of Varadero only 25 km away from the airport.This large Caribbean-style resort is in perfect harmony with its natural surroundings along an extensive, fine white sanded beach and turquoise waters .Adults only hotel, over 16 years.Services Around the gardens, there are a tennis court, a solarium, three swimming pools and one jacuzzi. 3 Out Door Pools Sunbeds & Umbrellas Reception 24 hrsStores, shops Air Conditioning Tourism office GardensInternet, with charge Telephone and fax, with charg eMassage, with charge"All Inclusive" Services Buffet service for breakfast, lunch and dinner 3 á la carte restaurants (prior reservation required and upon availability) Fast food, snacks, grill y paellas. Cocktails, beverages: national and international brands. 24 hrs Service. Non motorized water sports (upon availability), snorkel, windsurf, kayak, pedalboatl, catamaran, windsurf . Voleyball, football, tennis, ping pong, billard, petanca, dards, archery and table games. Basket, beach volley, water polo- Gym Sunbeds andbeach/pool towels Day time entertainment programme: aerobics, yoga, dancing lessons, Spanish lessons, pool/beach games. Evening entertainment with a variety of international shows and theme nights (resident band and dancers)GastronomyThe All Inclusive offer includes, in addition to the three complete buffet meals per day, à la carte meals in the 3 specialty restaurants (with reservation) snacks, alcoholic as well as non-alcoholic drinks throughout the day. A great variety of gastronomical treats awaits our guests in the hotel’s 4 restaurants and 4 bars . The hotel offers a 24 hrs service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelsClick so you can book your Hotel Roc Barlovento reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barlovento Hotel Varadero
- Barlovento Cuba
- Gran Caribe Club Barlovento
- Hotel Barlovento
- Barlovento Varadero