Just back from 11 nights at this hotel, flew with Virgin and had the package after spending the first 3 nights in Havana. Was a nice hotel, welcomed with English speaking staff and was in our room within about 10 mins. Pool is lovely and no problem with depth if you cant swim as only about 4 ft at deepest point. Beach is lovely, plenty of sunbeds although not many in the shade. We swaped from pool to beach and visa versa and always were able to find beds. I wish the beach had been longer though so could walk right along, unfortunately it was only about 10 mins one way and 30 the other then dead end, still it was lovely. Sea very calm and couldl walk out a fair way and never dropped deeply, again, safe for none swimmers and children.
Food was vary varied, they always cooking chicken breasts, steak and pork, although the steak was rather tough. There was always lots of bread, salad, pasta, pizza, fresh fish cooked in front of you of your choise, and varied buffett means in the middle of restaurant. We never ate until 9pm or later and always plenty and hot. Was a bit repetative but lots of choice and this is Cuba after all and they find things hard to get some of the time.
Drinks plentiful and never had a problem getting served, we never once tipped, were just very polite and friendly and not a problem. We left clothes every day and soap and pencilsl for the maid, she was lovely and wrote us lovely letters daily. We only tipped at the end of our stay, they worked very hard and deserved it.
Entertainment was ok, was the same each week, but the dancers were very good. There are plenty of bars to sit in at night, either outside or in, never a problem.
Loved the fact that in Varadero you could wonder outside, there is an open top bus that stops right outside and for just 5 cuban pesas each it takes you all the way round, which takes just over 2 hours, you can use ticket from 9am - 9pm and get on and off all day. We done it early in morning to see where things were then went back on again about 6pm and got off where we wanted to view. Real good value for money.
If you have booked this hotel, go and enjoy it im sure you wont regret it. Its not perfect and may not be a four star in all ways but again this is Cuba and they so friendly and try so hard to make you enjoy your stay in their Country.
Any questions, feel free to ask.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Varadero Beach, this 4 star, all inclusive hotel offers all of the great dining, activities and entertainment facilities that have made Sol Melia a recognized leader in quality hotels! Ideal for families and honeymooners. 376 comfortable double rooms, 28 junior suites, 4 suites and 200 bungalows with direct access to the beach. 6 Restaurants, 7 bars, mini club and mini-disco, mini-golf. Motorized water sports. Sol Palmeras combines great fun with a beautiful beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Prodigios Interactivos SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Sol Palmeras reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Palmeras Hotel Varadero
- Sol Palmeras Cuba
- Sol Palmeras Varadero Cuba