2,328 results
All reviews colonial section beatles bar juan pablo lobby bar caille main building cuban bar pool guy public relations havana club josone park beautiful beach beach towels pasta station night life the general manager an ocean view room
Selected filters
Reviewed August 11, 2018

This was my first time in Cuba but hopefully it won't be my last. The hotel is nice and clean. The staff is amazing! So friendly and helpful. The beach was amazing too.One of the most beautiful beaches in Cuba! Looking forward to going back !

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
6  Thank Dimitra K
Director G, Manager at Starfish Cuatro Palmas, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2018

Dear Dimitra K,

On behalf of the Starfish Cuatro Palmas team we would like to thank you for your super nice comments about our service, beach and staff.
It is really gratifying to know that you enjoyed your holidays with us.

Our staff has received your comments and appreciates your effort, one more time thanks for providing part of your precious time to share your experience.
We are looking forward to see you again at your home away from home.

Best regards,

Reviewed August 8, 2018

My above title says it all. I cant get enough of this hotel. Was just there in April with my sister to celebrate her 40th birthday. My husband and I are heading back end of this month to celebrate our anniversary. It will be our 3rd visit to SCP. The service and food are above average, the management is always visible. On our last trip, my husband and I were amazed that not a meal went by that we weren't approached by a manager to make sure that we were completely satisfied with our food and service. Front desk staff professional and kind. Our rooms ( always across the street..by our choice) have always been clean, bright and cool. Varadero beach is without a doubt the most beautiful we have been to, and the hotel beach property is huge. Lots of seating, lots of palapas. Location to town is perfect. Walking distance to bars, restaurants, parks and one of the best barbers my husband has ever had cut his hair. Highly recommend and surprised by any negative reviews I have read ion TA. Check it out for yourself.

Room tip: we always choose eco rooms across the street, enjoy the sort walk
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank Cubby1066
Director G, Manager at Starfish Cuatro Palmas, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2018

Dear Kerry,

Receive greetings from Starfish Cuatro Palmas and my sincere congratulations on your recent celebration.

Thank you very much for granting us the opportunity to be part of this unforgettable memory. I am sure that our team enjoyed attending every one of your needs. Please know that our greatest reward is your preference and friendship.

It will always be a pleasure to serve you.

Reviewed August 8, 2018 via mobile

We had an amazing time thanks to the beautiful hotel, and the great customer service. Especially Arturo he went above and beyond to help make our stay perfect! Thanks Arturo! Because of you we will be back! And we will be bringing more friends next time!

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
3  Thank Shayne G

Receive a trendy regard from Starfish Cuatro Palmas,

Our principal objective is to make an unforgettable experience the vacation of our visitors and we are glad to know that you really enjoyed your stay.

We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our facilities and services offered to you by our staff were to your fullest satisfaction.

We are sincerely looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again in our resort and assure you that you will enjoy even superior services and facilities on your next visit.

Kind regards,

Reviewed August 7, 2018

Readers, to understand my view: I became a proud math teacher because, first, to my dedication and second, to the ability to afford paying a bachelor and master degree in education in the great city of Houston. I could afford my studies due the generosity of my guests during my years of work as server at the Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company. Yes, I am very proud that I was part of one of best hotel companies in the world. That company taught me what costumer service is all about. I learned with them to appreciate good service. As Cuban-American, I know that costumer service differs greatly between the United States and Cuba, the country I love and grew up.
In addition, I am lucky to have the privilege of traveling around the world and know how to identify good personal service. Saying that, Starfish Cuatro Palmas have earned my highly respect regarding costumer service.
I have stayed in many properties around Cuba, all of them claiming to be 4 or 5 starts. I have never experienced during my many visits to Cuba the level of service I received from ALL employers during my stay at Starfish Cuatro Palmas.
I want to thank all employees of the hotel for made my family, friends and me very special, wonderful and welcome.
Zoila my housekeeper, room 5121, is exceptional. I asked her to keep an eye on my mother, due to her diabetic issues and she went beyond her duty.
Front desk people are amazing friendly. They went extra mile trying to find me tooth paste early morning before any store were opened. I forgot mine in Havana. Later, I bought authentic Chinese Colgate at the hotel store. I though it was cool and it was not bad at all.
The servers at the buffet restaurant are extremely friendly. Please tip them, their salaries are a joke. Make them wanting to come to work. Show your appreciation for their hard work. European don’t tip, not because they are cheap, is just they are not used to as it is in United States, Canada or elsewhere. Please for my Europeans readers, don’t forget my advice and tip waiters (a couple of cuc after lunch or dinner will help up weigh the misery salary they received).
Being from Cuba I know how difficult is for many of my compatriots to smile each day and to deal with many difficult issues. Thank you all of you for your hard work and from enjoying what you do despite the problems. I know very well what kind of jog you do. YOU ARE THE BEST AND ANY 5 STARTS CUBANHOTELS SHOULD LOOK TO YOUR EXAMMPLES AND LEARN FROM YOU.
Before I say something about the food, I want to point out that before arriving in Varadero, I visited Spain and Portugal for 3 weeks; therefore, my taste and appetite was already spoiled. Very, very spoil. I am sure everyone can agree and cannot deny that the quality of food in Spain and Portugal is highly better than the quality of Cuban cuisine. I stayed in NH hotel in Madrid and I was very impressed with their quality and food offered. However, I have to say that the hotel buffet is good. Good variety of salad, fish, seafood, and other meats. Bakery could improve as bread I did not find them very fresh. Variety of ham and cheese were ok. Considering the fact that the property have to import almost all non perishable products, food was good in general.
They should invest is in a real coffee machine and they should stop serving instant coffee in the machine at the buffet restaurant. Morning coffee can change your daily mood. Good coffee can be found only at the main bar. My suggestion is to invest in coffee machines for all restaurants. It will be worthy.
When cutting cheese in the pasta section, cook should use cooking glove. That does not looks healthy.
The Cuban restaurant was super, great variety of plates.
The Italian restaurant was good but I enjoyed more the Cuban. Who said that Cuban food cannot be presented as gourmet? Go and check it out. I recommend it.
There is a small bar toward the main entrance to the beach. It is very nice.
The hotel second general manager, a very young a professional from Spain, was found all around the hotel making sure we were happy. His job ethics, friendliness is reflected on the rest of the employers, an amazing supervisor.
The food manager, or the cook, a guy from Spain, from Valladolid was very nice.
La tortilla Española que no la sequen tanto, jajajaja.
Once again, congratulations to all the staff and thank you very much for making my vacation unforgettable. I WILL BE BACK FOR SURE.

Roberto

Room tip: Avoid rooms facing the street as there is loud music every nice. To ensure good nite sleep book Colonial Superior Room or Ocean View room.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
7  Thank Roberto36
Director G, Manager at Starfish Cuatro Palmas, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2018

Dear Roberto,

Thank you very much for your kind review.

I am very proud to know that you consider Starfish Cuatro Palmas an amazing place to visit and we are all grateful for your high recommendations.

I will be more than glad to share with our team your kind comments, where you express how much you enjoyed.

We truly hope to welcome you in a very near future.

Reviewed August 6, 2018

Old hotel, but feels nice and clean. Very nice personnel, close to the beach. Also waking distance from the small town, so you can actually see something, not only hotel premises. A mast do is a catamaran trip, take the "luxury option" with a small boat, not a large cruiser, and do not listen to the girl selling a ticket that it is not worth to pay for a fresh meal on the boat. Skip the food included in the price and add extra dollars to have guys at catamaran dive and get you fresh lobster served on the deck. No negative remarks. Great stay.

Date of stay: September 2017
5  Thank Daniel L

Dear Daniel L,

Thank you very much for selecting Starfish Cuatro Palmas as host to your holidays.

Thank you for sharing your recent experience. Please know that your great 4/5 circle review is greatly appreciated by all of us.

Allow me to let you know that we work very hard in order to always exceed your expectations and I am truly happy to know that we have achieve this by providing you with attention to detail, unique service, and staff members that are truly dedicated to serving.

Know that your high recommendations to other travelers are highly important to us and that it will always be a pleasure to welcome you.

Yours sincerely,