2,187 results
All reviewspizzaquiet resortbeach barfriesmojito barmagic showitalian restaurantporksmaller resortlots of hot watergreat beachcleaned dailya la carte restaurantsresort staffpeanut butterrelaxing vacationwater ballet
Reviewed November 21, 2009

when we first arrived at the resort we were told our room wasn't ready.
could lock up our suit cases and tour the resort until 1pm we were told.
we got our room at 1 pm, when we entered the room it was not cleaned. bed wasn't made or anything.
we went to front desk and was given a new clean room immediately.
our new room was on the 2nd floor. which we were hoping to get as we read about the ants on the 1st floor rooms.

room clean every day by noon, fresh towels and great designs made from the towels and duvet.
we left our house keeper many gifts every day to which she was very over joyed. such a wonderful person. very friendly and polite.

the meals every day were different, we don't understand why some people say on here that it was the same food every day. maybe they were going to the hamburger counter next to the bar.

beach clean every day.

we found all resort staff to be very friendly.

this was our first time to cuba.
we wasn't to sure what to expect after reading all the reviews on here.
much to our delight, this resort was amazing. we would highly recommend it to anyone.
you will not be disappointed.

one warning thought. yopu are given a slip of paper so you can get a beach towel. they warn you not to loose the towels as they would charge you 10 convertible pesos.
we brought our own towels so we never needed to get theirs.
upon booking out we were asked for this slip of paper. lucky enough we still had it with our passports.
but other guesses did not keep it.
you are not warned to keep the slip of paper if you don't get the beach towels .

the internet service is terrible. 15 minutes to log into our facebook to keep in touch with our family

also calling home will cost you approx. $2 per minute.

convert you money at the money exchange at the airport. it seemed cheaper there than the resort.
for &200 can we got 160 cuc. at the resort.

you have a choice of many excursions every day.

also just a 5 minute walk to the main road and turn left there is a small bridge. stand on the bridge and the dolphins come over to you. no need to pay $80 to go see them.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
5  Thank juleyca
Reviewed November 21, 2009

This is our sixth time in Varadero and first stay at Turquesa. We enjoyed the resort very much. It is smaller than most and the staff are extremely pleasant and accomodating. The rooms are the same as every other resort but with a better view of the resort and close to everything. This is Cuba and if you know Cuba at all you will know the food is what it is. There is no excuse to go hungry but if you expect Canada, don't go. The staff is amazing from the bar service right down to the gardeners. Not one complaint about any of them and our room was spotless. No worry about security left my rings in the room to go to the beach never a problem. The rooms are not fancy but we have been to four different resorts in Varadero and they are all the same, this was the cleanest. If you are young it is probably not the best resort for excitement at night so look for a larger hotel. We went with another couple who have never been to Varadero and they enjoyed it so much they think it will be a yearly trip. The one down side is they don't seem to have mint for the Mojitos, which is odd since this is Cuba. So Canadians try to bring your own and maybe they will make you a Mojito. The one day we did get them they were delicious, However they try to make you whatever you want. Just go with an open mind and remember this is a third world country. We had a blast and left feeling very happy overall with the trip.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
4  Thank vrs1952
Reviewed November 21, 2009

This is my second trip to Cuba, first time staying at the Oasis Turquesa, last year we were in Cayo Coca.

Let me start out by saying upon arrival approx. 6:30 a.m. our rooms were not ready, we were checked in and out suitcase's were placed in storage, we were asked to come back at 10 a.m. to get our key's. We returned at 10 a.m. picked up our keys and went to our rooms. My 2 sisters and their husband’s rooms were clean and ready, my wife's and my room as were two others in our block were being used as storage for new mattresses and box springs. We returned to the reception desk, and were told sorry a mistake had been made, they would have our room ready by 1 p.m., it was 5 p.m. before the room was ready, Upon entering the room was a letter from the Hotel Manager apologizing for the error and a gift of a bottle of Champagne, we were also invited to use the al' a carte restaurants as frequently as we wanted ( we were only allowed 2 visits per week in the package we purchased). This was the first and only disappointment from the hotel and or it's staff. I met the Manager a couple of days later he again apologized and asked if there was anything else he could do to compensate us for their mistake.

Rooms are basic, however the Maids do an Excellent job, a small tip or gift (Nylons, coloring books & crayons, Lip Stick, Tooth Brush & Tooth Paste etc.) probably helps in the quality of service you receive. We always had clean towels, a different arrangement everyday from flowers; palm tree's Elephant made from the clean towels. We left our camera and suitcase's and from time to time a small amount of cash unlocked and nothing ever went missing.

Food: large selection in the buffet restaurant, many items are repeated daily, however my wife and I were travelling with my two sisters & brother in laws, one of which is a very picky eater and he found something different everyday for every meal he was pleased to be offered such a wide selection. Bacon & Beef is rare, lots of Ham, Pork, Chicken and a good selection of Fish. Great Salad Bar! Food service staff are very good and on guy (Maxkel) in particular was EXCELLENT!

There are only 3 restaurants 1 buffet, 1 Chinese & 1 Italian, the a la carte restaurants have a limited menu selection, but again excellent service a good tip the first time will ensure excellent service.

There are 3 bars, the beach bar, good service, the El Mojito Bar, Excellent, if you want a Mojito get there early as by 5 p.m. they are usually out of Mint, but probably one of the best Mojito's I have ever drank, the 3rd Bar is the main bar and during the day service was excellent, in the evening's you had to wait in a line up for self service at the bar or wait for a waiter to bring you a drink, again a little tip to the waiter and your glass is rarely empty!

The beach was excellent, as was the pool.

Overall we had a very good to excellent experience at the Oasis Turquesa, the Management and staff try very hard to please everyone. If you are planning Varadero, I would recommend the Oasis Turquesa

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
4  Thank Al M
Reviewed November 19, 2009

This is my third time to the Turquesa I was first there when it was Rui Turquesa. They had some problems last year as only half of the hotel was full. This tear I brought my 22 year old daughter with me and we had a ball. The management has really turned this resort around during the last year.

I like coming here because it is a smaller resort and you get to know the guests.

First the rooms have new furniture and are very clean. The food at the buffey was good with lots of variety for Cuba. They now have two Restaurants, an Italian which was good and Japanese I cannot comment on as I did not eat there.

The nightly entertainment was good.

The best part is the staff THEY ARE GREAT and makes you feel at home.
Mario at the lobby bar is a real cutup, and Myrna, Isabel and Roberto made sure you always felt welcome and had a drink.

Management was there for you if there was a problem.

Guest have to keep in mind this is Cuba not New York City.

• Stayed: November 2009
5  Thank tobaccocop
Reviewed November 13, 2009

-no mohitos for their bar called 'el mohito' bc they were too cheap to get mint leaves
-no disco on site and the music ends at 11pm, my guess is to kill the mood and send their guests to bed so they dont keep drinking and eating.
-no water bottles
-they lie about which bars you can go to bc they want everyone to go to the promo club that's featured every night so they get in for free.
-the food was the exact same everday
-there was no sea food except for mussles.
-the fruits consisted of guava, papaya and orange ONLY!
-at the a la carte restaurant you could not find the chicken in the soup nor the salmon in the pasta!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends