“Good spot for a relaxing time”

Be Live Experience Turquesa
Ranked #23 of 64 Hotels in Varadero
Montreal, Canada
“Good spot for a relaxing time”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Went in March 2014, suited my tastes, food is o.k. not too much choice but good overall, the drinks are very well made and the coffee is a good cup of coffee. Nice beach and for me I like smaller resorts and this one is a good size. People at the lobby bar were super friendly. Did not like that you only have one hour to reserve a la carte. So if you miss out, you have to wait the next morning. Did not like that the maid refolded my towels and put them as clean ones. I was not shy and told her straight out. I recommend this resort for couples and families that want a quiet vacation.

Room Tip: Always ask for the rooms towards the back near the beach, they are nicer. I changed my room the day...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank A F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Maple, Canada
Reviewed June 5, 2014

This resort should be closed. Unfriendly staff, felt like I was in a concentration camp. Dirty rooms with bugs. The al a cart resorts were closed. The pool didn't look like it had chlorine. Bottled water was not included in this all inclusive resort.
Westjest, moved us to the Blau after one night. BIG THANK YOU TO WESTJET AND THE AMAZING WWEST JET CUBAN REPRESENTATIVES.
Further details to come......

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
7 Thank Ana L

Travelers are raving about these Varadero hotels

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed May 6, 2014

I have never done anything like this (all inclusive resort) before so maybe my expectations were off. But in general I was disappointed.
My major disappointment was with the service. I was expecting people to bring me food and drinks while I relaxed, but no, I had to keep getting up and walking around the large resort, lining up and getting my own stuff. I felt like I was always waiting or looking for services (e.g. the bellboy took forever). And I wanted a massage but couldn't find the masseuse, none of the staff helped by calling or anything, just sent me off to look for her myself. I found the bar and check in staff to be quite brusque but the restaraunt staff were great. There were a couple of male staff members who were a bit too friendly which made me uncomfortable as a solo female traveller.
The buffet restaraunt was pretty good (by Cuban standards), but I was a bit disappointed it was only open a couple of hours for 3 times a day. Drinks were good.
The beach was fantastic! Beautiful white sand and the resort is next to the beach. Plenty of seats and shade at the beach and at the pool.
I was very happy with the room itself - big, comfy bed, clean, satelite tv. The aircon was really good, but I would have liked a fan so I didn't have to use aircon all night.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
8 Thank MegSCL
Smiths Falls, Canada
Reviewed May 1, 2014

This resort is small and quite beach is nice not much going on in resort rooms nothing special but clean and air works good.
Booze !! not much their frozen drinks 2 different kinds but i have to say its strong and give you plenty.
Food !! Lots of different food you will not starve their is something for everyone food is good you will always find something to eat.
Rooms !! clean and air works fantastic
Pool!! looked nice never went in it i love the beach notice their is no swim up but all in all resort is nice and small which i always go for.So just go and enjoy your vacations

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Leah41
Toronto
Reviewed April 18, 2014

I returned April 7 from a 9 days vacation at Hotel Turquesa, I must say that overall I did enjoy my stay.
The first couple of days I was a little disappointed and had mixed feelings about the Hotel, however as the days went by I got used to it and I was happy to be there.
The beach was really beautiful, the room was quite spacious and the bed was very comfortable, the maid Lisette did an excellent cleaning job every day.
The management team was helpful and accommodating special thanks to: Sayli, Malaica and Belki for their support. The resort is small but cute, very relaxing and easy to get around, the food is average but there is always something for everyone to eat.
I look forward to going back in the near future.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
6 Thank VinceCanada
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed April 16, 2014

This resort was NOT great, but it was ok! There is NO swim up bar and NO pool service. if you want a drink, then you go get it yourself!!
The food was typical for Cuba (so glad I brought my own Ketchup) my friend and I took a taxi almost every night into Varadero to a wonderful restaurant called Kiki's. Great pizza (although a little greasy) and very cheap!
If you love live music, go to The Beatles club. (on the main strip) great live music and cheap beer :)

As far as safety concerns, we never had any troubles on/off the resort!!!
This was a quiet resort, so if you're looking to party - pick another spot!
would I recommend this spot?? NO... but don't take my word for it!
see it for yourself!
OH, and there is NO WiFi

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Sherry M
Miami, Florida
Reviewed April 15, 2014

This hotel is only a 3 star and not a very large resort. It could use a face lift. It has a pool and, in addition to the buffet restaurant, one other a la carte restaurant which we did not try. It also has a ranch-style restaurant near the beach which is only open for lunch but serves very tasty food. The buffet restaurant does not have a wide selection of items but the staff is very attentive. Rooms are large and kept very clean. A trip into Varadero is worth it with many souvenir stores to choose from but be prepared to negotiate. The best thing about this hotel is the beach.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple