2,187 results
All reviewspizzaquiet resortbeach barfriesmojito barmagic showitalian restaurantporksmaller resortlots of hot watergreat beachcleaned dailya la carte restaurantsresort staffpeanut butterrelaxing vacationwater ballet
Reviewed January 16, 2013

First one must remember this is Cuba. I love it in Cuba but am aware it has some quirks. The hotel was clean. This is number one for me. The reception at 4 am was sorely lacking but they work long shifts and she was sleeping. The rooms were good, beds decent, nice to have CNN to watch. The bathroom was clean and we never ran out of hot water. The pool is fabulous, as is the beach. The music around the pool was not absurdly loud as in some hotels. The food... again, this is Cuba. My daughter was quite happy with the food and the deserts in particular. It is a tough place for me, as I am a vegetarian, but this is was no surprise. The omlets were hot and delicious and the pasta was good. I like that they move the food tables around to make it appear things have changed and they have nice entertainment during dinner. The staff is outstanding!!! The Italian was very nice with the grande piano playing. The Mexican was just ok. Seafood night was a huge hit with my daughter!! The shows were poor at best and the gym is dirty. No surprise there. I very much enjoyed my stay there but I think I will go back to 3 and 2 stars as the difference in the hotel was not so vast.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank YvonneLynnK
Reviewed January 16, 2013

While writing this review we remember the good weather and the fine moments that we had during our holiday in Cuba. We arrived on the first of January, and stayed for one week. (photo 1& 2) The room (photo 3 a & b) was as requested, in a quiet corner, basic and big enough for the two of us.The bed was not uncomfortable,air-conditioning was working,however noisy. Tv (CNN) & fridge worked also. The bathroom was just ok, not to small and always enough hot water but the window needed maintainance.Towels were replaced every day. The "Mojito-bar" (photo 4) serves a variety of coctails, the mojito itself was only one day obtainable during our stay because mint-leaves were not every day available.Herbs & spices seemed hard to find on the lokal market. The picture of the pool (photo 5) speaks for itself; very inviting. The pool-bar (photo 6) has an outdoor(open) & indoor(shaded) area. A beach-bar is also present on the hotelgrounds. The buffet-restaurant served breakfast ; a real good choice (around five different flavours) of freshly squeezed fruit-juice and sliced fruits on the side. Fresh fried eggs or omelets with or without ham,cheese, vegetables or bacon; on of these (female) cooks has such a positive attitude that se makes almost everybody smile. This place also served lunch and diner (buffet).To us the choice seemed reasonable: soup(s), vegetables, several up-front-made dishes with or without meat. Almost everyday we had a choice of fresh fried fish and very tastfull big schrimps,sometimes varied with pork sliced on the spot. On the side we found (sweet)potatoes, rice, etc.The only thing we missed were a pinch of spices and herbes,but as mentioned before we believe these items are difficult to obtain on the market.It was possible to eat a-la-carte for dinner in two resto's; Italian or Creol food (photo 7),but reservation is required and only possible at 9.00 in the morning at the poolbar. Anyhow we did enjoy our holiday in Cuba,also because the travel agency told us what to expect.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Kretenzer
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We just got back from this motel on the Dec 30 2012. they have quite the scam going on there . You sign for your beach towels and well you are swimming the guy on the beach that gets you your chairs picks them up and they charge you 15 pecos for each towel. We will never go back because we paid for rooms with king beds on ground floor got second floor with twin beds. And had to fight with front desk to get our room cleaned 2 different times. Iwouldnt recomend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
10  Thank 1rosebud1
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Our Honeymoon started with this hotel!!! We tried to get into this room but the door sticks, my husband finally has to force the door open. The room was dirty and walls haven't seen paint in years. The bathroom window was full of mold, bugs in the sink then to top that off he went to close the bathroom door it fell off the hinges. The buffet area was so dirty I was scared to eat! I did hear that they had other rooms that was much nicer and you would think that when you have honeymooners that you would have given one of those to them? We moved and enjoyed our stay. If you want a place that is clean and comfortable this isn't it!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Gayle555793
Reviewed December 22, 2012

I just got back from Cuba today, i stayed their from Dec 14 to Dec 21 2012. It was an awesome experience, the beach is beautiful the staff there is awesome and friendly. The only thing that bothered me were the little mosquitoes and that is because no one told me to take any bug repellent. But other then that, the tours you can take from the hotel are very good. They also have great shows that include magicians.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the higher floor, that way you don't hear people stomping on the ceiling and a room away from where the shows take place at night, that is so you can sleep better without the loud music.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family