2,204 results
All reviews pizza quiet resort beach bar fries mojito bar magic show italian restaurant pork smaller resort lots of hot water great beach cleaned daily a la carte restaurants resort staff peanut butter relaxing vacation water ballet
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We stayed Nov 22-29, 2012. The first couple days the service was terrible. There was a group of tourists from another part of Canada that was giving us all a bad name. On the third morning one of the restaurant staff asked me where I was from, as soon as I said Ontario...boom, better table, better service, better coffee. So..words of advice...tip- a buck or two here is big money for the locals. Bring a few items to give away..clothes, makeup, a hair clip, so many things we take for granted are out of reach for these people and they are so happy to get it. We tipped the staff and brought lots of gifts for the maid as well. Leave a note, say gracias and you will be amazed how much better your trip will be. The beach is great, the grounds are beautiful. We spent our time on the beach, so don't know about the pool. There were some renovations going on, so it looks like they are trying to update the resort. The meals were good (for Cuba), had to watch things were cooked at the snack bar, but the buffet was good and the Italian restaurant was very nice. Overall an excellent experience.

Room Tip: Try to get a room off the centre corridor and away from the street.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
9  Thank Paul G
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We stayed there between Dec1 to Dec 4, 2012. We changed our room for two times. Unfortunately our first room had so many problems that we had to change it. the reception was not really friendly at the beginning but later on they decided to help us. The second room that they gave it to us had AC problem... It took about one hour to get the AC done. The food was good but my boyfriend didn't like seafood, so he couldn't eat that much. Although the options for the food was not enough but I enjoyed a lot especially the dessert part. Very friendly stuff speciality in restaurant and bars.

In total there was three restaurants one of them was the buffet, for the other restaurants you need to make your reservation by 9 AM, also one of them is 24 hours with the options of hot dog and hamburgers.

Might not be the best hotels in that area but we recommend it to stay for a short time there. :)

Room Tip: Second-floor rooms
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
10  Thank gorbenaz
Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

This property had really nice grounds. Check in was a breeze and all the staff were very friendly. The food was pretty good for Cuba food. The beach was a walk through the bush path, but it was really nice. I found that no one used the pool and it was a bit dirty. It seemed a bit of a hidden location and not much around, but it was nice. Downtown Varadero is not too far away. The bugalow was really nice and fairly clean. Would I stay here again?? I'd have to think about it.

• Stayed: December 2011
4  Thank opasna24
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We visited the Be Live Turquesa Hotel from October 21st to November 4th. It was our 3rd visit at the hotel, and once again we had a wonderful vacation.
All the personnel at the resort is polite, caring and efficient.
We would especially like to congratulate the personnel at "La Piazza" Italian Restaurant. The entire team, Yoquiel, Mayelin, Arlen, Enoleidis and the 2 chefs Osmany Penate and Kiomi really made the difference with their kindness, good food and relaxed atmosphere.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank richard l
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Hotel has very nice and clean garden and situated is cca 5 km from small city Varadero. We wanted hotel which is not big and in silent area and Turqesa is one of them. All entertainments and beach are very near. Room I had on the first floor and room was quite big but I think for some turists will be better if he had some reconstruction. In time our departure I saw in front of some houses was new bathtub. Bathroom was good and if they will changes bathtub it will be fine. Food is OK, every day was chicken,fish,pork,beef, pizza, pastes and ham,eggs and cheeses, some cookies and fruits, of course soups, too. I really think that many bad reviews had not so many foods for their lunch or breakfast how was her. The beach and sea is quite good but Punta Cana (Dominican rep.) or Playa del Carmen (Mexiko) are better. I was her two last weeks of october and lifegurad boy said me that october is time when coming cold view from Canada and autumn is season when coming poison jellyfish so as in Australia, they are very dangerous but boy told me, that he did not see them this year, me too and I was every day in the sea and my wife too and we dont have problems. You must be carefull when we changes money or buy something in Plaza America food magazin, the best is when you will be asking paragon and control how you must to pay and to get Cucs (cuban convertiable pesos). The pool is big and clean and on the beach is very deck chairs and parasols. High level had evenings entertainments, really minstrelsy and danceres are very good.

Room Tip: I think every rooms are good for sleeping otherwise everybody during whole day are in the beach or pool. I prefered room on the first floor because I didnot want to hear jump or walking above my head and I think it is safety for clothes on balcones.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple