2,188 results
All reviewspizzaquiet resortbeach barfriesmojito barmagic showitalian restaurantporksmaller resortlots of hot watergreat beachcleaned dailya la carte restaurantsresort staffpeanut butterrelaxing vacationwater ballet
Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

This property had really nice grounds. Check in was a breeze and all the staff were very friendly. The food was pretty good for Cuba food. The beach was a walk through the bush path, but it was really nice. I found that no one used the pool and it was a bit dirty. It seemed a bit of a hidden location and not much around, but it was nice. Downtown Varadero is not too far away. The bugalow was really nice and fairly clean. Would I stay here again?? I'd have to think about it.

• Stayed: December 2011
4  Thank opasna24
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We visited the Be Live Turquesa Hotel from October 21st to November 4th. It was our 3rd visit at the hotel, and once again we had a wonderful vacation.
All the personnel at the resort is polite, caring and efficient.
We would especially like to congratulate the personnel at "La Piazza" Italian Restaurant. The entire team, Yoquiel, Mayelin, Arlen, Enoleidis and the 2 chefs Osmany Penate and Kiomi really made the difference with their kindness, good food and relaxed atmosphere.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank richard l
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Hotel has very nice and clean garden and situated is cca 5 km from small city Varadero. We wanted hotel which is not big and in silent area and Turqesa is one of them. All entertainments and beach are very near. Room I had on the first floor and room was quite big but I think for some turists will be better if he had some reconstruction. In time our departure I saw in front of some houses was new bathtub. Bathroom was good and if they will changes bathtub it will be fine. Food is OK, every day was chicken,fish,pork,beef, pizza, pastes and ham,eggs and cheeses, some cookies and fruits, of course soups, too. I really think that many bad reviews had not so many foods for their lunch or breakfast how was her. The beach and sea is quite good but Punta Cana (Dominican rep.) or Playa del Carmen (Mexiko) are better. I was her two last weeks of october and lifegurad boy said me that october is time when coming cold view from Canada and autumn is season when coming poison jellyfish so as in Australia, they are very dangerous but boy told me, that he did not see them this year, me too and I was every day in the sea and my wife too and we dont have problems. You must be carefull when we changes money or buy something in Plaza America food magazin, the best is when you will be asking paragon and control how you must to pay and to get Cucs (cuban convertiable pesos). The pool is big and clean and on the beach is very deck chairs and parasols. High level had evenings entertainments, really minstrelsy and danceres are very good.

Room Tip: I think every rooms are good for sleeping otherwise everybody during whole day are in the beach or pool. I prefered room on the first floor because I didnot want to hear jump or walking above my head and I think it is safety for clothes on balcones.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Pavol14
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I stayed at Be Live Turquesa in February of 2011 for one week. It was my first visit to Cuba so my standards were lowered in comparing my stay at other destinations.

Overall, I enjoyed everything about the hotel. I liked the small villas of 6 rooms or so. We had a ground floor room right by the lobby bar and we loved how it was so close to the lobby bar (they made the best mojitos). :)

We did the Jeep Safari tour (or should I say the Suzuki Sidekick Tour) and loved it. Bring items for the kidlets because you will get a chance to provide them with gifts. Didn't get to do the snorkeling because of the jellyfish but it was still a fun-filled day and good bang for my buck.

The food is plentiful, we were always satisfied with what we were offered. It does get repetitive but it's up to you to mix it up and try a few things. I always come prepared with things like immodium and pepto just in case. You will pay an arm and a leg for it anywhere else. Also, bring snacks like chips (we brought pringles for the compact container).

I didn't find the entertainment team as engaging as other resorts I've been too. They didn't mingle with guests, they did they performance and then hung out on the side of the stage.

Overall, the rooms are outdated, had a nice bathroom, but nothing special. It was good enough for us! They didn't have regular "Canadian" plugs in the room so I suggest bringing an adapter, although my straightner did work in the plug.

We rented the scooters (moped's) from the guy who lingers in the lobby, although the travel representative will tell you not to, we did anyway. We explored Varadero by ourselves, stopped for a really good Pina Colada. We loved the scooters!

Bring a "bubba" for your drinks so that you are not constantly having to get up and get drinks.

In closing, don't go expecting luxury. It's a place to lay your head and you shouldn't really be spending your holiday in a hotel room anyway. Go enjoy the beautiful crystal clear beaches!

We paid about $800 tax in, each, for the week! we are happy about our stay!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank LaurieL_28
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Nice hotel complex from nineties, need a little bit more maintenance, but friendly service personnel and good food too. Cold, clean rooms, with late room cleaning service ( a little bit frustrating when you come and need to wait till 3 pm or more...).

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple