Just back from 1 week at this hotel. We had no expectations as price was great. Always something to eat. Tried restaurant just outside of the gates for lobster pretty good! Brought many items to give staff & locals. Massages $20 CUC w/nurse Anna great. Nice people tourists & staff. Beach ok for snorkelling but bring water shoes.Did trip to Santiago bus broke down 1/2 hr into trip finally back to hotel & did it again next day. The fortress is awesome and saw many important places important to the Cuban people guide was very informative. Shows hit or miss. The pool was colder than the ocean so went there occasionally especially for 4:00 pm Bingo. 2 ala cartes Cuban & Seafood. Went to buffet after both! The real downside was dogs (many) and cats at the buffet. No problem w/bugs at beach. Being in the Sierra Maestro mountains was beautiful. The hotel is not repaired if something breaks and the trees and landscaping are not looked after. We were in Holguin in October 4 star and huge difference w/3 star here. Horses & Steers & Goats allowed to poop wherever they like! They share the property w/tourists etc. We went to the closed resort Carisol next door and saw crap in the enclosed soccer pitch and basketball area in fact all the land between the two hotels. Piles everwhere you look no one cleaned any of it up or anything at the small beach area. The best coffee was the cappachino at Lobby bar the coffee at all the restaurants was terrible & this from a country that I buy bags of beans to bring back!! If this hotel could have better management and $ infused in it what an oustanding hotel this could really be. Also had air conditioning working, hot water and great pressure. Only mirror in room was faded in bathroom. Our maid was exceptional and the room was kept very clean. The trip to and from hotel approx 1 hour so not a bad distance to travel as scenery was awesome. Please remember to tip everyone they work hard & make very little to support their families and bring pens etc for tokens of your appreciation it goes a long way! The timeframe we travelled was not busy last week of March so suggest this would be a good time to visit. If anyone has any questions regarding this hotel please contact me. We read Trip Advisor for all vacations booked and listen to pros & cons from contributers. Think I will go to Dominican Republic for my next trip!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Resort consisting of two hotels (Carisol and Corales) with a total of 310 rooms, 4 swimming pools (2 for adults and 2 for children, beach, 2 lobby bar, 2 pool bar, one beach bar, pizzeria, 2 restaurants a la carte (Cuban and sailor), 2 buffet restaurants, serving food and drinks 24 hours, day and night entertainment ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Club Amigo Carisol Los Corales reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Amigo Carisol Los Corales Hotel Santiago De Cuba
- Hotel Amigo Carisol Los Corales
- Amigo Carisol Los Corales Hotel
- Club Amigo Carisol Los Corales Santiago De Cuba