Keep in mind this is not a five star resort. We knew this before we left, so I wasn't expecting much. I was surprised. Brand new expresso machine at the pool bar on the carisol side. new balcony chairs and table, newer flat screen tvs, and new air conditioners going in here and there. So our bedspread didnt match our curtains and there wasnt fancy wall decor, but it was sleepable and spotlessly clean.Our bedspeads where taken for washing and replaced on the same day. And they where for single beds not doubles, but it didnt matter. We have been to 5 stars that are not as clean .The beds are NOT pillow tops but not sway backs either. But sleepable.
Food was good they even had ketchup and mustard. Homemade pizza and spagetti.
Bathrooms are all tiled with a huge walk in shower and newer toilet. Sink counter was still old but there was a 110 outlet above the sink. I don't know if all the rooms have 110 oulets in the bathroom but ours did and it was labeled.I didnt need the converter.
You do need water shoes as the beach was devestated by hurricane sandy. They are still cleaning up here and there. But it was fun. Paddle boats and snorkeling right on the beach. Lots of coral and shells to find on beach walks. Around past the los coralis side there is a beautiful little bay for swimming,with a sand beach. It is public and we felt very safe. And you will meet the fisherman, he can get you a great deal on cigars.
NO SLUSHY MACHINE on either side. All drinks where good, Wine was better than expected.
We got to look in the beach bungalows that they are still redoing. They have kingsize beds. Our room had 2 doubles and the room next to ours had 3 singles.
The resort has pets. lol not really..There are a few abandoned little friendly dogs that hang around outside the buffet. Everyone feeds them. .And we named them too. It was fun watching the abandoned horses and donkeys walking around outside our resort on the side of the road.
The staff are wonderful. Just ask .
Our bathroom floor flooded from our shower. Our friendly maid morena cleaned it up asap and it was fixed next day. She told us to alert the front desk. We did. It was done.
On the los coralis side there is alot of 4 and 6 six week vacationers, all older people. Alot from toronto and montreal.
This is not a party resort though they do have a beach disco under a tent as the original one blew away with sandy. You can get a nice fast food lunch there too. and pick up a few trinkets for the kids.
The cheapest swim with the dolphins excusion I have ever heard of.
For the price we paid it was a gem. And we now understand why people go there to escape winter, year after year. We had a fun relaxing week and loved the comedy and aquaic shows the best. We will return and spend another week with zio, who goes there a couple of times a year. Every year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Resort consisting of two hotels (Carisol and Corales) with a total of 310 rooms, 4 swimming pools (2 for adults and 2 for children, beach, 2 lobby bar, 2 pool bar, one beach bar, pizzeria, 2 restaurants a la carte (Cuban and sailor), 2 buffet restaurants, serving food and drinks 24 hours, day and night entertainment ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Club Amigo Carisol Los Corales reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Amigo Carisol Los Corales Hotel Santiago De Cuba
- Hotel Amigo Carisol Los Corales
- Amigo Carisol Los Corales Hotel
- Club Amigo Carisol Los Corales Santiago De Cuba