“Lobster dinner party”
Review of Coco Beach

Ranked #6 of 23 things to do in Camaguey
Reviewed November 4, 2011

We enjoyed it fully and would recommend this excursion. Bring repellent if it has rained beforehand. The mosquitoes were annoying but other than that we had a great time.

1  Thank Violet B

Reviewed October 18, 2011

Really good value and so much fun. You get a taken to beach and musicians play then free time followed by beach bonfire coco loco cocktail and music then dance lesson and dinner.

1  Thank Cubansalsalover
Reviewed October 13, 2011

If you travel solo, probably not OK. The food is good, but you are forced to dance and sing (not my ideal way to spend an evening). Probably best to go on your own and dine with a local family instead of at the restaurant.

2  Thank SoloCanadianGal
Reviewed February 17, 2010

Took a cab from Hotel Mayanabo......8 pesos......was going to rent scooter, glad I didn't...they tend to break down and you end up pushing it there. Upon arriving, grab a moldy old broken lounge chair, and 'bandito'
wanted a dollar to use it....I sat on my towel. The wind and rain came, so we went into bar to wait for city bus
which is they way to go...2 pesos.....But beer was a $1.15 CUP, but they charged a dollar to use the bano (bathrrom),,,,each and every time....I said you may as well get a six pack and stay in there....recycling??
the bartender was extremely rude...........shore was rocky with garbage floating about....
Anyway, you never know till you go......

3  Thank Garfield6996
Reviewed November 28, 2009

We came to the Coco Beach based on the iformation i found here on the trip advisor about the faboulous Lobster that some of the tourist reccomended on eating here, so we've tried it on our second days we were in santa lucia, and it was biggest waste of money. we waited for a taxi to take us there from our hotel nearly an hour late so when we got there the restaurant was already completly empty and there were no tourists around, in my eyes it felt like if we just landed at the end of the world, considering the only route we had to take here it, it looked pretty scary to me. it is on the small penninsula.

well we ordered the lobster which must been the biggest one i've ever ate, therefore to my surprise the fish was absoutely delicious and it surely made my day, however it was pretty expensive (50 cuban pesos - about 60 canadain$ for two people) and for that reason we didnt bothered going back there as we originally planned on doing on our own with the scooter. maybe it might have been worthy if we would have had a chance to spent the whole day there on the beach, as i heard there is a beautiful sunset to see, which we missed cos of the taxi was so bloody late.
one thing is for sure my friend go attacted by mosquitos so badly and we had to move from that area fast before she was eaten alive - i sprayed myself with a good layer of mosquito repelent and i survived pretty good.
the bathroom had zero toilet paper and zero soap so when we got back to our hotel we headed staright to the bar and tried to recover quickly from the trip to the "end of the word". i thought that santa lucia beach was just as pretty as the other one so we felt no need to travel away from the resort (Oasis Brisas).
Its not bad but once was enough.

5  Thank princessMilena