Buena Vista Social Club
Review Highlights
Great show! Food was ok, but show was a lot of fun

We had tickets for the dinner and show - the dinner was fine, nothing special, but the show was... read more

Reviewed yesterday
jenmc74
Snow Lake, Canada
Retro Cuban Jazz with Retro Performers

Found on the second floor of a building near the port lies the club. We attended a show arranged by... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Michael L
Saint Sauveur des Monts, Canada

All reviews cuban music conga line audience involved including drinks musical experience excellent music singers and dancers cuban experience taxi driver old cars old havana stage bv grammy documentary 30cuc veterans
Reviewed December 13, 2017 via mobile

The place was very vibrant. A good time was had though the food was somewhat poor quality. Would definitely go again however

Date of experience: December 2017
Reviewed December 9, 2017

We purchased tickets for $30 US for show only and arrived early, as we were advised that to get best seats, we should arrive early.... only to find out that seating for show only was in back of room, with no exceptions allowed. Our 3 drinks of choice were diet soda and the waitresses were busy serving dinner guests, but doing their best to take care of everyone. The show featured a flash back on screen of legendary musicians, but this was not the show we were expecting to see. There was a man/woman dance combo for the entire 2 hour show, varied musicians of yesteryear and a great older woman dancer/singer who worked the audience and enjoyed having men snuggle to her well endowed chest. The audience participation made up for a great deal of the show....clearly not the show we were anticipating and disappointing to us.

7  Thank Joni E
Reviewed December 6, 2017

The musicians were terrific and the two dancers were great but a cover charge of 60cuc per person was a bit costly in my book. A meal, mixed drinks and dessert was included. The food was average and I drank a virgin Pina colada that lacked pineapple taste. The whole experience not worth the money.

1  Thank mamita646
Reviewed November 12, 2017 via mobile

I was really hoping to dance some salsa and to also see some salsa dancers. Everyone told me this was a place to go and we couldn’t miss it! However, I think I would have been fine without it. The performers are good performers, it just wasn’t what I thought it would be. Or what I was told it would be. You sit at tables and you do get to get up and dance a little bit… But it’s really not worth the money. I️ paid 30cuc for 3 drinks and the show, but was pretty disappointed.

2  Thank rachellY4621HK
Reviewed November 11, 2017 via mobile

The evening was fairly expensive but afforded a look around the Hotel National which was worth it. The food was average but the music was first class. The set opened at about 2130 and lasted about 2 hours.