TripAdvisor
Havana
Post
Inbox
Search

“Great food and wonderful service! ”
Review of Hecho en Casa

Hecho en Casa
Ranked #166 of 991 Restaurants in Havana
Description: Small and cozy place, where the client and what he likes, leads the proposal of this "Home-Restaurant" of authentic homemade cuisine. "Hecho en Casa", a different experience.
Reviewed February 14, 2019 via mobile

We went here for my birthday. We were lucky enough to get a table out on the beautiful terrace. The food was amazing, fresh based on what they got at the market that day and the chefs inspiration. They even came out and sang happy birthday to me! I felt so welcomed and special here. They were even nice enough to call us a cab at the end of our evening. I highly recommend Hecho en Casa to anyone looking for amazing food in Havana.

Date of visit: February 2019
1  Thank Martha C
Write a reviewReviews (52)

Reviewed February 12, 2019 via mobile

What an experience! I had made a reservation in advance from the US. She told us she accepted no one else at the restaurant that night as she wanted it to be special. She wanted us to feel like we were just friends welcomed into her home and we did. Started with various cocktails to taste. Each an individual work of art.
When the proprietor realized we were only able to visit Havana, she proposed making dishes that would give us tastes of other areas of her country. I have never been so impressed. The food was wonderful and paired with wine. We had a pumpkin soup, a salad with tomato Next was fish which had been caught that day. Next we had rice and black beans, a meat and plantain dish. For dessert pumpkin flan and a chocolate tart. We ended the night being trained in making monitors. It is truly an art and I now know how to make a proper monitor not crushing the leaves but focusing on releasing the oil from the stem. Amazing. Highly recommend

Date of visit: February 2019
1  Thank Jennifer D
Reviewed January 9, 2019

We had a wonderful experience dining at Hecho en Casa. It truly feels like you are a guest in the chef's home. We ordered a wide variety of dishes from the menu and every one was beautifully-prepared and delicious. It was a 5-star dining experience at a very affordable price. This restaurant is a very special experience that I highly recommend, especially for those with an appreciation of interesting and exquisite food in a homey environment.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed January 8, 2019

I would have to say that Hecho en Casa was my favorite dining experience on my recent trip to Cuba. Not only was the food incredible - an assortment of delicious dishes inspired by traditional Cuban cuisine, but the ambiance was amazing. It was like eating in Chef Alina's beautiful home, with a staff that was professional but not at all stuffy. She came to our table to talk to us multiple times, and we learned how to make a real Cuban mojito (they add bitters and never muddle the leaves). I highly recommend this place in Miramar/Playa (Havana)!!! The menu varies daily, and is written on a chalkboard. We tried one of every appetizer, several main courses and both desserts--rum ice cream and a dish listed simply as tomatoes. I asked her what it is called in Spanish as she said "tomate." lol. It was divine. Candied tomatoes spiced with cinnamon and star anise.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed January 6, 2019 via mobile

If you want a freshly prepared, unique and delicious meal this place is a MUST! From the excellent service to the wonderful food Hecho en Casa was an outstanding dining experience!

Date of visit: December 2018