All reviews viazul station old havana luis house airport cuba
Reviewed January 18, 2018

I have decided for the stay based on the great reviews! But despite my high expectations, I was positively surprised by this Hostal Aptofive accomodation.
Everything was perfect, Luis and Patricia (owners) are very good people always ready to make your stay unforgettable. Patricia has even organized another place (bigger at the same price!!!) to me once I decided to stay two nights more and the room I was saying in were booked. Breakfast yummy! Everything perfectly clean!

I even had a hot coffee and Patricia's goodbye when I left for the airport at 3:00 am while Luis drove me there with a smile. No doubt I will return next time I'll be in Havana.

Thank for everything Luis and Patricia

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Martial J
Reviewed December 8, 2017 via mobile

Patricia and Luis are some of the kindest people i met during our stay in Cuba. They just threat you like a human being and not like a kapitalist from out of space(some Cubans do, can't blame them for that ) Always helpfull, Always easy going. Beautifull place near the Viazul station.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Luis H, Propietario at Hostal Aptofive, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2017

I want to thank Harmine for the nice review she wrote about us. They also were excellent guests!, nice, quiet, we talked about Cuba and the places they wanted to visit. To be helpful is one of our purposes since I opened Hostel Aptofive. For us, persons are the most important matter, to contact foreigh people and share experiencies is something we appreciate and enjoy.

Reviewed May 22, 2017 via mobile

My husband, our 7 year old son and myself were staying with Patricia (she speaks great English!) and Louis several days while in Havana (used their apartment as a base for traveling around the country due to its closeness to Viasul bus station). We had a great time!
They were very nice, made us great breakfasts and were very helpful with the information.
Even though, the apartment is not centrally located, it is very practical if you want to travel around the country with tourist buses (Viasul).
Hvala puno Patricia i Louis (Thank you very much),
Pozdrav iz Zagreba (Regards from Zagreb, Croatia)
M, J & C

Trip type: Traveled with family
Luis H, Propietario at Hostal Aptofive, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2017

We enjoyed meeting Maja and her family and shared wonderful days with them. Everytime they travelled to other destinations, they returned to our place and it was great!. Jonathan, her husband, was talkative and gentle and her son Charlie was a quiet child, he behaved very well!. We had a nice experience talking about Cuba, its people and the promising future our turism.

Reviewed May 3, 2017

I use to travel to Cuba for professional matters and I am sick of staying in hotel rooms without the possibility of establishing warm relationships with the local people, so some Friends recommended me to book a room in a casa particular, in this case in Patricia and Luis´house. I wrote an email to book there, and Patricia quickly replied in English, confirming the availability of the days I needed and she also offered herself in helping me in the organization of my trips through the island with the promise of saving money and time. This couple works in an excellent way: they offered me to be picked at the airport, to buy the Via Azul Bus tickets for the different destinations I wanted to go: Havana-Viñales, Viñales-Trinidad,Trinidad-Varadero and Varadero- Havana. I made two excursions with them. To Guama-Giron in Zapata Wetland and to Soroa and las Terrazas in Pinar del Rio.
When I arrived at Jose Marti Airport, Patricia and Luis were waiting for me there, it took half an hour to get to their house in Nuevo Vedado, a quiet and safe area, surrounded by trees and near the main places of the city: Old Havana, the Wall sea, Havana University, Revolution Square, 23 Ave, among others.
The room I stayed, is very comfortable, it is fresh, independent from the house, with a small terrace in which you can seat to rest or to smoke a cigarette. It has a private bathroom with hot and cold water, minibar, air conditioner, a TV set and a fan. I felt like I was at home, I had in the room all I needed.
Patricia, deals with the guests in an excellent way. She showed me where to get the 27th Bus to go to Old Havana as a cheap way of travelling and where to get the old cars too, called Almendrones, I loved their colors and shapes. I visited Cemetery Colon and Revolution Square by walking, both places were interesting and I enjoyed going there. I also visited Fabrica de Arte Cubano, a cultural institution, very well known and visited by tourists, in my opinion one of the best cultural options in Havana, I think its slogan sounds great: All the arts converging in the same place. I also made panoramic travels from Marina Hemingway to Playas del Este through the Bus Tour, a way to get a general idea of the city.
The experience in Cuba this time was great. Patricia and Luis are kind, talkative and warm persons. In their house you can see reproductions and serigraphs of Cuban painters, meaning they love their culture and their country.I have to say that the relationship quality / Price of this Hostel is excellent, they kindly offer services for guests who want to know more about Cuba and make new Friends. I'd definitely recommend staying here - especially for those who don't want to get stuck in the more 'tourist trap' parts of the city.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
4  Thank LAlejandr0
Reviewed April 21, 2017

My mother, sister and I stayed with Patrica and Luis for several nights as we explored Havana and the surrounding area. The rooms are clean and well kept, the hosts friendly and speak decent English, and the area peaceful. I would definitely recommend staying with them.

• Trip type: Traveled with family