Saratoga Hotel
Casa Yamir(Havana)
Hotel Plaza(Havana)
  • Room Service
1,388 results
All reviewsmezzanine barrooftop poolpatio roomjunior suitefree wificapitol buildingold havanabeautiful hotelother hotelscigar factoryseparate showerour honeymoonnoisy at nightinternational standardsstreet noisebreakfast buffetel floridita
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 23, 2011

Spend a couple of days here and at the Pargue Central. The Saratoga was equally good...actually the rooftop view and pool was a bit better. The locations are about the same. This hotel was a bit more expensive.

Room Tip: We did have an "interior room" but it was quiet and fine.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank williamtaylor39
Reviewed November 20, 2011

We were in Havana for the Friends of Partagas anniversary party.The Cigar factory was located within one block. The staff was extremely attentive and the hotel had a very good exchange rate for our currency needs. A beautifully restored hotel.

Room Tip: Better exchange rate than banks
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank iVegasDuke
Reviewed November 16, 2011

My partner and I stayed at the hotel from the 1st-4th November on a B&B basis, as part of our twin centre holiday in Cuba, booked through Thomsons.

Following an early morning flight into Havana we arrived at the hotel at around midday and I was impressed with my first sights of the hotel. After being shown to the reception area we were ushered to a reception desk and offered a seat at one of the three reception desks. The male receptionist we were greeted by, I initially felt was a bit rude as he left us sitting at the desk for a couple of minutes whilst he continued on with his paperwork and answering the phone. However he then proceeded to check us in and provide us with the information we needed giving us his full attention. Unfortunately, as we had arrived at the hotel early our room was not ready for us to go to. My partner and I, did not let this trouble us though and were advised by the receptionist of where we could go to grab a bite to eat and a drink. The receptionist then arranged for our luggage to be stored away whilst we went to eat somewhat changing my initial thoughts of him.

We located the Pool Bar Restaurant on the top floor. All I can say is WOW…. What an amazing place to sit and take in the great views of Havana whilst enjoying a Mojito or two. The service up there was excellent. The staff were always friendly and ready to take your order, something that we found occurred on the several or so times we visited this bar during our stay. We also ate on two occasions in the bar and were very satisfied with the meals served. The pizzas and salads are very tasty and well worth the value of money we paid for them.

Having grabbed a bite to eat and a refreshing drink or two we returned to reception to be informed our room was now ready. We had booked a Junior Suite and were offered Room 707. Our luggage was brought to our room by a porter. We found the room to be of a high standard. It was more than big enough for the two of us and the bathroom even more so. It had everything we wanted and needed for the three nights we were to stay there and was cleaned daily. The bed was very comfortable and although we overlooked the road and the traffic did appear to go on late into the night I felt that I enjoyed three decent nights sleep, nothing that a decent pair of earplugs would help cut out though if it was to affect you that badly. I however actually felt the noise from the street and the views from the windows added to the ambience of being in Havana one of the most cultured cities in the world.

During our stay we were given a complimentary meal in the Anacaona Restaurant. We believe we were given this as the hotel made a mistake with our room booking which having spoken to our rep was swiftly rectified by the hotel. We opted to eat at this restaurant on our first night. Had we not been offered this though we probably wouldn’t have chosen to eat in the hotel restaurant for an evening meal as we wanted to experience as much of Cuban culture as possible. Having said that, the service provided in the restaurant was good and the food of an average standard although there take on panna cotta was very amusing as appeared more like a blancmange.

As we were on a B&B basis we ate again in the Anacaona Restaurant each morning for breakfast. Had I been staying on a Room Only basis I would not pay the 20 CUC they were asking for this and would of opted to go out into the town and found something local. We found the breakfast was quite basic for the standard of the hotel however we found enough to fill us both up although there was very little choice.

Overall this hotel exceeded my expectations having read some negative reviews prior to my arrival. It is situated in an ideal location and only a few hundred metres away from the centre of Old Havana. It provides some beautiful sights from its rooftop and its décor reflects that of a quality boutique style hotel in Cuba. I can safely say that if I ever return to Havana, I would be happy to book this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor on the front of the hotel if you wish to observe Cuban life passing by. Room 707, a Junior Suite was ideal.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cazzas83
Reviewed November 15, 2011

Allocated and stayed in a junior suite on the 4th floor on the front of the hotel on a Friday and Saturday night. Well appointed room with fixtures and fittings commensurate with a luxury hotel. Large bed, lovely cotton sheets, efficient and quiet air con, free wi-Fi and well stocked mini bar (albeit so pricey we didn't use it)! A great deal of noise pollution from outside throughout the night, ensured we didn't get a good night's sleep - could be easily remedied by fitting secondary glazing!
Fantastic roof pool, nice loungers and great views of the city; shared a pizza for a snack which was cheap and good. Quality service from the attendants and bar staff in the pool area.
The hotel is situated in New Habana near the Capitol and to get to Old Habana on foot is a 15 min walk along busy streets, which involves being pestered to death by people asking you for
- advise getting a taxi.
Ate in the hotel restaurant on Friday night - very average and plain meal which was very expensive. Service was at best poor and when I asked to add the check to my room, I was informed I had to pay there and then in CUC!
Having breakfast in the restaurant was an even worse experience i.e. very poor service - staff had absolutely no interest in either serving our coffee or ensuring our tables were set correctly- breakfast buffet was cold and not very well stocked!
On checking out of the hotel, I ensured that I handed my key in and and informed the receptionist that we owed nothing for the mini bar & settled the check! On leaving the hotel and getting in the taxi to go to the airport, I was approached by the bell boy and asked to return to reception. Obviously I did as I was told and asked thebtaxi to wait! On speaking to the same receptionist I had checked out with, she informed me that I owed 6 CUC for a bottle of water we had consumed in the room! I told her in no uncertain terms that we hadn't had the water and I resented being 'dragged from my taxi' to be challenged about my integrity in front of other guests. I also told her we would never pay 6 CUC for a bottle of water, when you could
buy it for 0.6 CUC at a small store around the corner!
NO apology and very poor customer service - seemed to me to be an attempt to rip us off for 6 CUC!
To add insult to injury, the taxi arranged by the hotel dropped us off at the wrong airport terminal and we nearly missed our flight!

Room Tip: Don't stay at the front of the hotel
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DGK1661
Reviewed November 9, 2011

This hotel was amazing. An awesome site in town. Close to almost everything. The staff were awesome. We had fantastic buffet breakfasts, far superior to the other big hotel in town - Parque Central (where our friends were staying).
Hotel laundry service was cheap and great.
The rooftop pool and bar had the best views. Pool was slightly cooler than I was anticipating, but that was the only negative comment I can make about our stay.
Take lots and lots of cash with you Cuba, especially if you are American, as they won't accept your American bank based credit cards. We were ok as our cards were NZ bank based. No one other than the hotels accept credit cards.

Room Tip: The 7th Floor is non smoking.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business