“The absolute best trendy place in Cuba ”
Review of El Cocinero

El Cocinero
Ranked #70 of 897 Restaurants in Havana
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 4, 2018 via mobile

This is the most gorgeous rooftop restaurant in Havana, overlooking the fabrica Del arte. Male a reservation Thursday -Sunday and go before visiting the fabrica (FAC). The food is good, and not too expensive but go more for the hip cool vibe and beautiful roof top view, and the beautiful people. The whole thing makes you feel like you are in the best place in Brooklyn with a Cuban twist.

Reviewed August 23, 2018

Highly recommended! The food, the service and the ambiance were incredible. alamesacuba is the only one that makes reservation on line for cuba restaurants, my advice the best restaurants are popular and you have to wait and make a line. book in advance.

Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

Ok so hear I’m in Havana one day I am a chef and I want that experience it’s that craving only the true foodie would understand a curse maybe but when met it’s like getting a adrenaline rush I really don’t know why I’m like this just I am ever thing was perfect incredible at first I thought what the hell its like 4 pm and it’s up on a roof in new Havana ok I’ll go with it and I explain my intentions to the staff who appeared confident to meet the requirements of my demanding additude as foodies can be unless we’re more undercover ever thing was over the top crazy good I feed my addition and left wowed I would truly seek back again and again I loved this place and heard the crazy part thay don’t have a chef omg I was like your losing to me this restaurant alone is redone to allow Americans to travel to Cuba viva cuisine long be the best restaurant in the Caribbean by far if not all the Latin world love this place

Reviewed August 18, 2018

Some negative reviews here, but while unaffordable to locals, a good meal with drinks was 25 CUC per head, which is justified by great food, amazing roof top venue, fun art, good service. Not for disabled or those who don’t like heights. Only negative for us was the flies before sunset. Small. Need to book ahead or go early. Yes it’s not for everyone. But the best, or equal best we had food wise. Would be happy to recommend to a friend. A sense of fun required, with some adventurous spirit. A Wow for us.

Reviewed August 16, 2018

Booked here on the strength of TA reviews and wasn’t disappointed. The restaurant is on the roof (under an awning that kept out most of the rain falling the night we visited). It’s cool, but not intimidatingly so. The food was excellent and the cocktails and mocktails very enjoyable.