“Great Havana Casa”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Havana
Casa Malecon Habana
Ranked #2 of 260 Specialty Lodging in Havana
USA
“Great Havana Casa”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I have stayed in dozens of casas over the years throughout Cuba and this is, without doubt, as fine a casa in Cuba. It has everything needed for a pleasant stay...clean, safe, convenient and comfortable. Unlike many casa in Havana this neighborhood is quiet at night so you can get good night sleep. As has already been mentioned the view is awesome. But most of all Alain and Lety are fantastic hosts. I will be back soon!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank caoslc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

Alain came to collect me from another nearby casa, helping me with my bag and making me feel welcome into his home. The house is right on the malecon, with a really spectacular view. My room was good, clean, nicely decorated with a good shower. There is a shared kitchen where you can eat breakfast with other guests whilst taking in the view. Breakfast was really very good - the only time I was served bacon in the whole time I was in Cuba! I asked for a juice in the even and they made me one up and didnt charge anything for it, which was nice of them. They don't speak a huge amount of English but certainly enough to get by so it's no problem if, like me, you speak little Spanish. I would absolutely stay here again. Note that the reason I give 4 for location despite it being fantastically located on be malecon, is that it's a 20 minute walk to havana vieja - no big problem but do be prepared for a walk or taxi ride into the touristy area. Alain arranged a taxi for me to the airport at a good price and i'm sure They can help you with any other needs. Thanks Alain and Lety.

• Stayed May 2013
Norway
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Good, clean and quiet room, bathroom, shower, food and excellent location ( close to sea and center) and an excellent view!

Friendly and English speaking hosts.

We would definetly book this accomodation again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Ahhh...we already miss our "home" in La Habana!

Casa Malecon Habana is the perfect location with views of all the action at the Malecon and the beautiful bay. We enjoyed delicious (and huge!) breakfasts, would spend whole days exploring the city on foot, and then have a great nights sleep in our air conditioned room. The house itself is super clean and has a great vibe. We felt incredibly safe walking around the neighborhood at all hours. Alain is an awesome host & friend; he gave us lots of advice, set us up with taxi drivers, and arranged our stay in Vinales as well. He even lent us a guide book after I left my iphone (where I had downloaded our guide) in a taxi after arriving from the airport. The taxi driver miraculously returned my phone the next day! Only in Cuba ;)

We feel extremely lucky to have found what we believe to be the best place to stay in Habana and cannot wait to go back!! Muchas gracias Alain~ nos vemos pronto!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Look no further for the perfect place to stay in Havana. But act quickly, this place is always booked and it’s only been around for five months. Once the secret gets out, you will have a hard time getting a room.
I would say the best thing about this casa particular is the location but there are too many things competing for this title. The view is amazing, right on the water. You wake up to a warm ocean breeze and the sound of the waves crashing on seawall along the Malecon. Local kids play in the shallow, protected waters along the wall and I regret not dipping my toes in at least once. Next time I’ll definitely pack water shoes.
Your host Allain will cater to your every need. He knows the best restaurants and beaches and can make arrangements for a private car. It’s like having a personal concierge just down the hall. Allain made sure we had a place to stay in Vinales and arranged for a car to the airport. He even woke up at 3 a.m. to make sure we didn’t miss our flight!
And make sure you eat breakfast here. It comes with hot, strong Cuban coffee and freshly squeezed fruit juice for only five bucks. You won’t find a better deal in Havana.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hereford, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 14, 2013

This casa is in a newly renovated modern apartment with panoramic views of the Malecon, Havana and the sea. It is on the 5th floor but there is a lift and you are given your own front door key to come and go as you please.Fantastic breakfast of ham & eggs, fruit ,toast, juice & coffee,they do not serve dinner but there is a wonderful restaurant almost next door called The Gastropol. Comfortable room with clean en-suite bathroom and a relaxing lounge for guests to use. Alain & Leti are a young energetic couple always ready to help in any way they can, a really nice stay can fully recommend.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Ajijic, Mexico
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Casa Malecon is on the 5 th floor of a restored 6 story building on the Malecon with easy access by elevator. The casa itself has just been renovated with 3 large bright bedrooms with private baths & fridges, shared livingroom & diningroom. Great views from all rooms.

We had originally wanted a casa in the centre of Habana Vieja but were so glad we found Casa Malecon. After long days exploring the city it was great to relax with ocean breezes & beautiful views. Easy walking distance to all the plazas & museums so we could return & then take off again. We stayed 3 nights, went backpacking 3 weeks then returned for 2 nights. An optional, full breakfast was served each morning. So much we would skip lunch. A great restaurant & some lunch spots just a few doors away.

Alain & Lety are the perfect hosts. A delightful couple who enjoy practicing their english & helping us with spanish. They helped us trip plan, made reservations at other casas. We were leaving at 5 AM & Alain insisted on getting up to make us coffee & check on the cab.

A truly wonderful experience & new friends we will have forever.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple