“Very familiar, excellent food - a real beauty.”
Review of Ivan Chef Justo

Ivan Chef Justo
Ranked #28 of 798 Restaurants in Havana
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Zurich
“Very familiar, excellent food - a real beauty.”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

At a recommendation we went to this restaurant on our second evening in La Habana. You must have a reservation if you want to eat there. There is no sign with the name of the restaurant outside and once you get there and start to look around, someone may approaches you and asks whether you are looking for something and if you are on his list, you will be brought upstairs.

The menu is on a blackboard and the choice is very nice. We took a starter, main course and a typical Cuban sweet at the end and really liked the food. The way the food was served was very nice and it was as good as it looked.

Through the kitchen you can get to the upper floor where a few tables allow an outside dining.

We certainly will go back to this place.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Kidderminster, United Kingdom
“Ordinary Food at European Prices”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

My wife and I visited here on recommendation during April. The restaurant had a tour party seated on the upper floor and we had a table for two on the lower floor.
The food was a disappointment, and we felt expensive for what was produced. We would not return.

• Visited April 2013
Singapore, Singapore
“Good dinner”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We officially had our first dinner in Cuba and Havana, here. It was the night of our first day touring Havana after arrival day before. The restaurant had a good location so our guide conveniently dropped us there after we spent the entire day, walking almost all of Havana. We were seated at a little table for two and we ordered a soup to share plus a lobster. All very good we have to say, and the paladar interiors was also packed with many tables of diners. It's a pity we couldn't bring ourselves to eat more, our appetite must have been affected by the heat. Service was friendly.

• Visited March 2013
“Best Meal in Cuba”
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

We were recommended this place by Jorge, our tour operator ( he provides an amazing tour guide as well) and he did not steer us wrong.

The restaurant is across from the capital building and super close to Hotel Saratoga where spent a night. We were celebrating my 30th birthday and the restaurant was exactly what I had hopes to celebrate my birthday.

The home where the place is located was smaller with a set of narrow stairs leading to an intimate dining room, all open concept and cheerfully appointed with a smallish kitchen where the magic is created. We were lead up stairs to the bar until our table was ready and I enjoyed an espresso while we waited. The bar was smaller with photos and movie posters on the wall which I loved, and the bar tender was very attentive even though his English (and our Spanish) was limited. We waited for about 5 minutes until we were lead out to a quaint and private roof top patio where we were alone for the majority of the meal. It was beautiful and quite romantic and met all my over blown Expectations. You know us gals can be. They had old jazz playing in the background that really set the mood.

Our server greeted us and translated the menus for us and made some wonderful suggestions. We had these potato ball that were stuffed with cheese or lobster which were fantastic, as well as ravioli also stuffed with Lobster. The apps were very good! I ordered bacon wrapped lobster tail and my boyfriend a AAA steak. My lobster was soooo fresh and it was one of the best meals I've had in a while and was such a great change from the typical resort buffet fare. I had a great house white wine that paired well with the meal.

Our server was great and spoke English well. He was attentive but not annoying and made our meal more special.

I would definitely recommend a visit to this restaurant. It is a private business vs state owned and the care they provide the patrons made this place special. The meal with 2 apps, 2 entrees and a some drinks ran us about 77 CUC which I thought was reasonable. I will visit again when I am next in Havana!

Chapel Hill, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Some of the very best food in Havana”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

This is my new favorite paladar in Havana. Excellent food (I recommend the suckling pig) and good wine selection. Decent prices, upstairs bar and terrace are great place for after dinner. I will be a regular.