All reviews central havana third floor old havana capitolio hosts house
Reviewed March 10, 2017

We had a fabulous time at Alex Casa Habana. We actually stayed with them for 10 nights! Everything was incredibly clean and very well organized. We were picked up at the airport for an extra fee with no problem. The breakfast was HUGE and we would have had it more often but we ran out of CUC by the end. Marcia and Ari are wonderful, strong, smart and amazing hosts. By the end they felt like family.

The area of Barrio Chino is not as "pretty" as vedado or habana vieja but the location is perfect for walking. There is a coveted Wifi Park 2 blocks down and a bodegas, restaurants within walking. The only thing we had a problem with was a the lock on the door which was our fault because we turned it the wrong way! If you can, stay with this beautiful family!!!!

Room tip: No rooms have windows but they all have air - conditioning and it's so dark you could sleep the whole day!
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed January 20, 2017

I had an amazing time in this house! Ari and Márcia are great!
I spent 7 days total in Havana, always in this house, and I can say I was already feeling home. Ari and Marcia are very helpful all the time. The bedroom and the bathroom are very spacious and clean and the breakfast is great, the best in Cuba.
The location is very good too, safe and close to Plaza San Rafael and the Capitolio. 5-10 minutes walking to Habana Vieja.
Absoluteley nothing negative ! Awesome!

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank 989morganr
Reviewed January 14, 2017

The room was clean and comfortable. Ari and Marcia were fabulous in looking after all of our needs! The casa is in a busy area, walking distance to the "old" plaza, museums, art galleries, near the Capitolio and just beside Chinatown. The breakfasts were fabulous with plenty of fresh fruit, which was my favourite part!

Be prepared to get your exercise walking up the narrow staircase!

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank loisy2017
Reviewed December 8, 2016 via mobile

Hi i am Teo from Greece and i was in Cuba for 1 month! I stayed in Ari's Casa for my days in Havana!
She and her family were really nice people and very professional behavior! From the first moment they will make you feel like you are member of the family and they are there to help and solve any problem. Ari gave us some great information about Cuba and arranged everything!
The houses are big and beautiful! A classic of Cuba, with privacy and clean!
The breakfast every day amazing and we had also a lot of dinners, that i suggest to try! Propably the best we had over the month!

I would definitely go back one day!

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Traveled with friends
3  Thank Alexis T
Reviewed September 26, 2016

Ah, we had such an amazing stay at Alex's house. My fiance had a chance to stay there many years before, therefore it was sure we'll have an amazing time. Great location, good views, lovely family, delicious food - everything SUPERB. We loved it a lot!

Date of stay: October 2015