All reviews central havana third floor old havana capitolio hosts house
Reviewed January 20, 2017

I had an amazing time in this house! Ari and Márcia are great!
I spent 7 days total in Havana, always in this house, and I can say I was already feeling home. Ari and Marcia are very helpful all the time. The bedroom and the bathroom are very spacious and clean and the breakfast is great, the best in Cuba.
The location is very good too, safe and close to Plaza San Rafael and the Capitolio. 5-10 minutes walking to Habana Vieja.
Absoluteley nothing negative ! Awesome!

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank 989morganr
Reviewed January 14, 2017

The room was clean and comfortable. Ari and Marcia were fabulous in looking after all of our needs! The casa is in a busy area, walking distance to the "old" plaza, museums, art galleries, near the Capitolio and just beside Chinatown. The breakfasts were fabulous with plenty of fresh fruit, which was my favourite part!

Be prepared to get your exercise walking up the narrow staircase!

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank loisy2017
Reviewed December 8, 2016 via mobile

Hi i am Teo from Greece and i was in Cuba for 1 month! I stayed in Ari's Casa for my days in Havana!
She and her family were really nice people and very professional behavior! From the first moment they will make you feel like you are member of the family and they are there to help and solve any problem. Ari gave us some great information about Cuba and arranged everything!
The houses are big and beautiful! A classic of Cuba, with privacy and clean!
The breakfast every day amazing and we had also a lot of dinners, that i suggest to try! Propably the best we had over the month!

I would definitely go back one day!

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Traveled with friends
3  Thank Alexis T
Reviewed September 26, 2016

Ah, we had such an amazing stay at Alex's house. My fiance had a chance to stay there many years before, therefore it was sure we'll have an amazing time. Great location, good views, lovely family, delicious food - everything SUPERB. We loved it a lot!

Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank KarolaRS
Reviewed June 23, 2016

I arrived in Havana alone in April 2016, and had arranged with Ari via e-mail for an airport pickup (for 25CUC, which according to most guides was reasonable). I arrived and was received generously, with plenty of advice on what to seek out and avoid in Havana. Ari's English is more than sufficient, and she is the most hepful and generous host you can imagine - arranging for other places to stay if you are moving to other Cuban cities!

The room itself is comfortable and spacious, with private and clean bathroom amenities. Breakfast is had in a kind of elevated courtyard, with natural sunlight coming in, and consists of a never-ending parade of fresh fruits, french toast, omelette, and amazing Cuban coffee!

The apartment is located ideally for exploring Havana by foot, with quick access both to central Havana, but also providing you the option to make your way around it to explore alternative areas like Vedado. The neighbourhood initially looks rundown, but had no unsafe encounters, and slept soundly at night! Access to an ATM 50 metres from the door, and several small kiosks (supermarkets aren't exactly the norm in Cuba).

All in all, Ari's apartment was an ideal beginning to a visit to Cuba, they reflect what is great about staying with people and not hotels, sharing generously of their home and their city.

Date of stay: April 2016