“Accessible of foot from National Hotel in Verado”
Review of El Idilio

El Idilio
Ranked #20 of 839 Restaurants in Havana
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 9, 2013

A good walk, but worth the effort. Staff very friendly with chef cooking in a corner of this small open-air restaurant. Only fans in celing for air-conditioning so could probably get quite hot in warm weather. Wine by the glass was a good Chilean one and we were shown bottle before glass was poured. For starters, me - very accepotable octopus; partner, ravioli filled with spinach and a salmon sauce. For mains, we ordered a steak dish
for two with additional vegetables. Dishes came with rice. Masses of very tasty steak. No dessert as we were starting to realise that Cuba serves large portions. Meal fine, if not outstanding, but very nice being able to walk back to hotel along interesting side street (just come out of restaurant, turn right and keep going until you can see hotel).

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Great Prices and food - was the best Pina Colada I have ever had. It got busy at 7:30 so glad we got ther at 7pm. We had Paella which was good but the lobster looked amazing.

2  Thank Bararteg
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Nice paladar. Good drinks, Pina Colada was great. :) good choice of meat and sea food on grille.
Visited this place for four times and only one day i was upset with lamb in redwine.

1  Thank Mihune
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I was staying near G & 15, and passed by one day and see this joint that's full of energy, looks down to earth, and yet has an elegant and clean vibe & decided to stayed for dinner. Being by myself I went straight to the bar. Omar, the bartender was there. These people take their job very seriously. The maitre d' and waitresses are very friendly. El Idilio's food is above all fresh. You can actually see the cook by the grill area performing miracles (keep in mind the Havana's infrastructure of entrepreneurship is merely emerging). The first night I tried the croquettes with mojitos (Omar made them strong and minty) for appetizer, then I had their "cordero estofado," exquisite, served with rice and salad. Prices are pretty reasonable for el Vedado standards. I left so happy that I went back. Once my wife met me, I took her. We had again the croquettes, the "cazuela de mariscos," which we shared. Very tasty. For dessert we had the Idilio's amazing flan. The last night I sat by the bar with Omar again and said good bye to each other. At this point I was friends with the owner and most of the people. When I come back this is the first place I'll visit.

1  Thank foodcriticmiami
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Do not miss this restaurant!. What a find. The food is amazing and very reasonably priced. Try the ceviche of seafood..mmmm... fabulous The ropa is very good also the grilled mixed seafood. The ravioli with salmon sauce is to die for.
This restaurant is a must - I could have eaten there every night but we were a part of a wedding group so had to go elsewhere. This restaurant was definitely my favourite of the 3 we went to during our visit.

1  Thank Shellness