“Outstanding!”

Casa Miglis
Ranked #42 of 833 Restaurants in Havana
Cuisines: Cuban, Swedish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The first scandinavian restaurant in Cuba - Casa Miglis. We also have a bar - "Miglis Bar" and a live scene with live music every night. More we offer catering service and special private reservacions for bigger companies. Open 12pm till 00am every day.
Reviewed June 16, 2013

This is one of the best (if not THE) best restaurants in Havana.

The food was truly outstanding and this is well worth a taxi trip even if you are staying on the other side of town (as we were!) this is truly haute cuisine in havana at extremely low prices (around usd 12 for a main course). There are both swedish and cuban dishes available and a modern / experimental take on some latin classics (such as ceviche). Lots of fish on the menu and some vegetarian options and the cazuela de mariscos (shellfish casserole) was among the best we've ever tasted. The chocolate pudding was also amazing.

The dining room is beautiful and it has a great atmosphere. Staff are extremely friendly, welcoming and helpful too.

I honestly can't recommend this restaurant enough - a must for an evening meal (or 2!) in Havana!

Reviewed May 24, 2013

We got married in Havana in March and Michel, the owner of Casa Miglis, absolutely made our wedding!!! I initially contacted him regarding catering a post-ceremony picnic at La Cabana Fortress which led to us having not only the picnic at the Fortress but our reception at his restaurant. Michel basically ended up doing all the wedding planning for our wedding - he organised cars, a band, the picnic food and bar, flowers, pinatas, cigars, helped my husband find a suit for the wedding..absolutely everything!! He even organised an absolutely fantastic stag-do for my husband. It was entirely stress-free and he got everything right!!! The picnic was absolutely beautiful in the garden of the fortress. Michel and his staff had laid out an exquisitely decorated table and set up a photographic bar in the roots of a tree! The food and drinks were fantastic. The reception was also perfect. The restaurant is beautiful and tastefully decorated anyway but Michel and his staff did an amazing job of setting it up and decorating it for the reception. On top of this, his food is some of the best (if not the best) in Havana. So many of our guests commented on the great food at the picnic and reception. We probably ate here 6 times during our stay and tried most of the menu. I couldn't fault anything we tried, all of it really was excellent. I had the pasta with pesto 3 times, it was so good! I can't recommend Casa Miglis enough, the food, the service, the ambience. And Michel himself is absolutely legendary. While he doesn't actually offer wedding planning services, this man can do anything, and will get it done perfectly!!

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Definitely go to this restaurant. We literally stumbled across it whilst walking around Old Havana. We spotted the distinct decor through the windows and felt we just had to go in. And we weren't disappointed. The food and the service were both of high quality.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Casa Miglis is a beautiful place with great atmosphere. I loved the interior and beautifully decorated tables. The food is very tasty but portions are quite small compared to what you can get in other paladars. A bit pricey, too.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

I went over there three times with my family wile I was visiting Cuba and In all my attendance I order something different and It was to die for the bring azafrang and cook with a lot of new spices thant you cannot find in cuba and the most expensive main course was 12 cuc super affordable comparing it to another restaurants If you want to try new food that blow your mind go over there super tasty