“friendly atmosphere”
Review of NAO Bar Paladar

NAO Bar Paladar
Ranked #68 of 783 Restaurants in Havana
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Cuban
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Drinks, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Prague, Czech Republic
“friendly atmosphere”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

I just visited here for a cup of coffee to San Pedro y Baratillo branch.
The people working there were quite friendly and the food served there look tasty.
Also the atmosphere/interior is great.
worth to visit for dinner again.

Gliwice, Poland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Almost like home”
Reviewed December 25, 2013

During my last trip to Havana I had very little time for any tourist activities. We knew NAO from our previous trip when we would dine there every day. This time we came to NAO twice a day.
I am really amazed that anybody would have any bad experience in this place.

Starters would be served every single time not later than in 5-7 minutes. Main course in about 15 minutes. This is quick enough for me - it's not a McDonalds' guys.
Food is excellent! One of the best ropa vieja in town (I had quite a few), empanaditas cubanas (starter), pollo a la cubana all are really worth trying. Crema de queso is impossibly delicious though it's rather a heavy dish.
Desserts - flan de caramel or flan de calabaza are both worth dying for, seriously.
Last but not least - mojito and pina colada are really a hard match. I have tried mojito in more than 30 places in Havana and this one is the best by far.
Service is exceptional, the whole staff is very friendly, they are smiling and welcoming all the time (who would not be considering the weather in Cuba :-) and they make sure you feel like at home though you would not see there any effrontery which is quite common on the streets of La Habana. Bottom line is I can't wait for another visit at NAO - in about three months.

Priors Hardwick, United Kingdom
“Dinner maybe, lunch less than inviting...”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

unless you want to be the only customer! Clean, professionally run, good menu, but not everything available. This is not unusual in Havana. Good wine list, mainly Spanish. I had the prawn cocktail as a starter as my first choice wasn't ready! Very dry and I suspect old prawns. The shredded beef was good with large portions on both courses. Pleasant but nothing that said 'standout' Go again? Most likely not, there are better in town

CT
“maybe an off night but boy was it off!”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We had been sent here by some locals. Ushered to the upstairs dining room. A table of 8 locals were busy talking and drinking. We had drinks and ordered appetizers and entrees. After nearly an hour the adjoining table of 8 had a heated discussion in Spanish with the waiter - I am far from fluent but got the idea - their food had never come - so they angrily stormed out. We inquired about our appetizers and were told they would be arriving in 5 minutes. 10 minutes came and went - we were tired and hungry and got the picture. Our food might never come. So we settled up our drink charge and left.
Not sure what the problem was but there was a significant problem.
We ended up at Café Europa and had a late night meal there.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank sbfrost
yorkshire
“Lovely atmosphere!”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I'd read previous reviews on trip advisor and happened upon this restaurant by chance. If you're in the square where all the second hand book sellers are head down the right hand side of the square and go down the alley towards the sea. Keep looking up and you'll see the sign on the right. Opt to eat upstairs as the atmosphere is lovely and eclectic!
The waiter and bar staff were very professional but very personable too. We had a good range of wine to choose from and they brought out some lovely bread and basil mayonnaise while we were waiting. We opted for blue cheese soup with sultanas which was very rich & tasty and the Tostones. I loved these but I found them so nice I ate them all and as they're quite heavy I ended up unable to finish the fish I'd ordered for my main course. My husband opted for the cuban shredded beef which he enjoyed but he too found it hard to finish as Cuban food can be quite filling.
I wished I'd had another night in Havana to go back and sample a bit more of the menu in such lovely surroundings. We didn't book, there were about three other tables of diners with about 5 tables left so you should be okay mid-week.

• Visited November 2013