“A very welcoming casa.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Havana
Mirador de Concordia 457
Ranked #13 of 696 Havana B&B and Inns
ork
“A very welcoming casa.”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Leticia and Alejandro are really welcoming and hospitable. Leticia went out of her way to make sure that I was comfortable and that I was prepared for exploring the city. At the end of my travels she invited me back to her home to shower and eat. Alejandro picked me up from the Viazul and also took me to the airport.( I wrote a review on their computer which caused a problem with the site, which I know hope is resolved.)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank jilllovestravelling

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We arrived late at night and was greeted warmly by Leticia who prepared for us some refreshing guava juice and Alejandro who drew us a map with all the nearby attractions. The couple have been really helpful throughout our stay with Leticia answering our many questions with very good English and Alejandro driving us to the bus station and to the airport. The rooms were well equipped but one of the two rooms we stayed at was quite dark. The second room (the middle one) is much more spacious, bright and well-ventilated. The casa is also conveniently located between Vedado and Habana Vieja (walkable distance).
We stayed for 3 nights at the beginning of our trip as planned, but when we learnt that our flight back to London was cancelled by the end of our trip and we had to stay for an extra night in Havana, we phoned up Leticia who kindly offered us shelter with short notice. As we were leaving the country and had little cash left on hand, Leticia even gave us a discount on our room rate! Mucho gracias for your help and hospitality Leticia and Alejandro!

Room Tip: The middle room is much more comfortable.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I had a very enjoyable stay at Leticia and Alejandro's and cannot ask for a better base to explore Habana! Located in the center, I can easily walk to sights in both Old Habana and Vedado without spending on taxis (1 block from La Guarida, the best restaurant/palador in Habana, a 15-20 minute walk to Habana Vieja, and a 10-minute walk to Callejon de Hammel...etc).

Sunsets at the balcony in the living room is particularly memorable, and I especially appreciated the local tips and recommendations Leticia and Alejandro shared with regards to local food & drink places, and live music spots (the best of the best is a 3-5 minute walk from their house where the cover is an incredible 1 CUC with real virtuosos playing very traditional son). The breakfast that Leticia prepares every morning is always scrumptious, with the most refreshing fresh fruit juice I've ever tasted (rivaling that of Phuket, Thailand).

The fact that Alejandro is a taxi driver also makes it easy to get around, should you wish to explore the outer regions and sights of the city.

As a single female traveler, I felt safe and at ease staying at Leticia and Alejandro's. Leticia and Alejandro and their daughter Laura are warm yet respectful, giving you as much space and as much guidance as you need. My only wish is that I was able to stay a little longer to soak up more of the local culture. But otherwise, this is an amazing value and a great base to explore Habana, slightly removed from the overly touristy part of Old Habana, yet centrally located enough to be accessible to all the sights Habana has to offer.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Josephine C
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Great place to stay in Centro Habana. Stayed here for 6 nights in total and travelled around Cuba as well doing a cycling tour. On the tour the accomodation was pre-arranged hotels which were average - this casa was by far the best place I stayed on my entire trip, don't waste your time in a boring hotel full of tourists.

Upon arriving Leticia had prepared a delicious meal and introduced me to the great Cuban dish Frijoles - highly recommended! When I arrived Alejandro drew a map for me and explained where everything was. Every day I was welcomed with fresh fruit juices and a great breakfast. The balcony had a brilliant view and was the perfect location to smoke a big cigar after a long day of exploring. Leticia speaks excellent English and is always willing to help and Alejandro is a taxi driver so took me to various places and back to the airport when it was time to leave.

If I ever go back to Havana I will definitely stay here again as Leticia and Alejandro are so welcoming and made my trip a pleasure. A highlight was staying up late one night drinking rum and watching the Baseball with Alejandro. The language barrier didn't stop us enjoying ourselves!

Room Tip: Both rooms I stayed in were very nice.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Liam K
Haifa, Israel
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Leticia and Alejandro are vey helpful and friendly,give you all the information you need about Havana and more,after a long flight a nice welcomeing with a pineapple juice .
The casa is very well located in the middle between old havana and Vadedo, just 10 minutes wallk from the old city ,one or two blocks from the Malecon,Alejandro is a taxi driver so you can get well and fair rates he is also offeres tours to other part of havana is good prices,which is very recomended especiely if one doesnt have so much time to explore other parts of the city that are worth knowing and may be a bit far.

Room Tip: Best room they have to offer is the middle room,its bigger more space though its a two bad room
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Warszawa
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Close to the Old Town on Concordia street, with a balcony and a space in living room, quiet and not expensive. What else do you need? Oh... maybe a nice family - but that's included. Enjoy it as we did our stay here twice!:)

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Krzysztof P
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I stayed with Leticia and Alejandro for about 6 days and had a fantastic time. The house is clean, well-kept and convenient. It's easy to get to all of Havana's major attractions from the house and is very safe for single female travellers (such as myself) to travel, even after dark. Leticia and Alejandro go out of their way to make the stay comfortable, including providing advice to tour Havana, providing transportation to and from the airport, and checking in and asking questions to see if everything is ok. Leticia speaks very good English, which is great for travellers such as me who don't know much Spanish at all. All in all I had an amazing time staying in Havana at Mirador de Concordia 457. I would highly recommend it to everyone!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank nitanjali
leticia c, Propietario at Mirador de Concordia 457, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Hi anita , thanksyou very much to visit to mi house, i very , very happy, with your stay to mi house and yuor comment .i very pleasure to mi you visit to mi house 6 days!!!

Thanksyou very much