“Best food, friendly hosts, very clean, brilliant location”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Havana
Clarita and Orlando's House
Ranked #14 of 696 Havana B&B and Inns
Dublin, Ireland
“Best food, friendly hosts, very clean, brilliant location”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Located - right on Malecon. Five mins walk from Hotel National. Thirty mins walk from Old Havana.
Food - out of this world, so much, so fresh and so tasty and so reasonably priced.
Room - spotless, fans, air con, fridge stocked with drinks.
Hosts - super friendly and helpful - even through we can't speak Spanish and they spoke a little English we had fun communicating.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank LewseyO

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We were in Cuba for 3 weeks and we came to stay with Clarita and Orlando 3 separate times! They were perfect hosts, giving us tips for what to do in Havana and organizing accommodation for us everywhere else we traveled to in Cuba. The breakfasts were easily the tastiest and largest we had too.
Being on the Malecon gives the casa a perfect location and means you cannot get lost trying to find your way home after too many mojitos in Habana vieja!
We would recommend this casa to everyone staying in Havana as it is ideal for location, cleanliness, value and Cuban hospitality.
If there isn't room with Clarita and Orlando, ask to stay upstairs with Rosita, Clarita's aunt, who will adopt you as one of her own!
You will truly feel like part of the family at this lovely casa.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
San Francisco
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I spent the 4th of July week in Cuba -- most of it in Havana, at Clarita and Orlando's house.

Here are the things you need to know:

The place is kept immaculately clean and is very comfortable. I'm picky.

Clarita and Orlando are perfect hosts. They help with anything/everything -- food, coffee, Cuban coffee, conversation, information, hospitality. Their home felt like my home, and my room felt like a sanctuary if I needed one.

The location is perfect. It's between Havana Vieja and older Havana, so you can easily get to the touristy bits or real Havana (where there's better nightlife). Just take a pleasant stroll left or right. The centrality is also good in case you don't want to walk. Just take a collectivo for 50 pesos to Central Parque or towards the university. So easy and cool (and Orlando will of course explain it to you). Also, the place is across the street from the Malecon. This is essential -- it's where you'll do your best people watching and your easiest navigating.

Cuba is amazing and big and there's so much to see. When I return, I will head back to their place no questions asked.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Michael L
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We enjoyed our stay here and would recommend this casa to others. In particular I appreciate how caring the owners were toward me while I was sick - this alone made me feel a little better! Well stocked fridge in the room was also very useful during my illness! The breakfast was plentiful and tasty.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 30, 2013

This is such a lovely Casa owned by a really cool couple.

The room is very clean and comfortable (and I usually stay at nice hotels not hostels).

The location is perfect....on the malecon water and inbetween old habana and centro habana.

It is easy to walk around and also to get a taxi out the front.

Clarita & Orlando are so friendly and welcoming...I really felt at home with them.

Clarita had great advice in bars & clubs, taxi prices, places to go, etc.

I wish I could have stayed longer!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank TaiLane
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Recently stayed at clarita and Orlando's casa and it was awesome! They are the most friendliest, warmest and loving people, we immediately felt part of the family. The room was absolutely spotless and looked out over the malecon and water. It's a 5 star location with old town to your left ( a 10/15 min walk or 2 Cuc cab ride) and vedado to your right (a 5 minute walk). They offer breakfast 3cuc or 5 Cuc depending on what you want.... It is huge and the food is beautiful. On our second night we decided to have dinner in the casa and my god... It was amazing! Fresh lobster- salads, beans, rice, fruit, beer, dessert... Needless to say we never ate dinner anywhere else for the rest of our stay... For the price and the quality it was excellent - 12cuc. Clarita also arranged for us to stay with at her friends casa in Vinales for our 3 day trip there. Casa el gallo and maudlin who runs it was fantastic, she organized for us to go horse back riding through the local farms, visit a local tobacco farmer, drink Mojitos and coco locos at local houses and on another occasion she organized a vintage car for us to take on a day trip to the beach and caves... Maudelin was also a fantastic cook (the fresh fish and chicken dinners were spot on) and the casa was massive with 3 beds and your whole own top floor with two balconies... Initially I was hesitant to stay at casa el gallo as it is not listed on trip advisor, but honestly if you're going to vinales get clarita to organize your stay with Maudelin at casa el gallo.... You won't regret it!

The experience of both these 2 casas and the people that run them has now made cuba top my list as the favourite country I've visited so far! Viva Cuba!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank balilover161
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We just recently stayed with clarita and Orlando for 4 nights and I couldn't have asked for any better. Their cooking is amazing there is plenty of food. The location is great walking distance to everything -( old town, verdado) the room was spotless. Clarita helped organise taxi's for us and other class's to stay at when we went to vinales. Thank you C and O for a wonderful stay

• Stayed May 2013