“Excellent hosts and the best mojitos in Cuba!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Vista al Prado

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Havana
Vista al Prado
Ranked #55 of 690 Havana B&B and Inns
“Excellent hosts and the best mojitos in Cuba!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

A lovely apartment just off the Malecon and in easy walking distance of all the sights of Havana. Frederico and Janet were wonderful hosts; really tasty breakfasts and dinners, clean and comfortable rooms and really good (and strong) mojitos. They also helped us book the rest of the casas around Cuba.
I would definitely recommend and visit again!

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

I stayed with 5 girls & we had a great time, we asked to come back the next time we're in Havana.
Fredrico helped us organise all the other casa's for the rest of our trip.
The casa's in a great location, good breakfasts, amazing mojitos & great hosts.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Hollytripadviso
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

I found Vista al Prado online while looking for a place to stay at the beginning and end of my two week trip to Cuba in December. It couldn't have been more perfect. Due to a flight delay, I ended up getting to Havana Airport at almost 3 AM in the morning and once I landed, was told that my airline had lost my luggage. I was almost in tears. I called Federico and he picked up immediately. And he spoke perfect English! He told me exactly what to do, said not to worry, that luggage gets lost all the time and gave me crystal clear instructions on how to get to his place. Met me at the door with a warm welcome and a drink at 4 in the morning. The rest, as they say, is history. It's just so obvious from being here that it is the perfect place to stay. The location is literally STEPS away from Prado and the Malecon...I took some spectacular pictures of the sunrise from his balcony, and walked to the ocean every morning (3 minutes) to run the seawall. You are literally right at the pinnacle of Old Havana. I stayed in many casas during my two weeks in Cuba, and although the hospitality was warm and welcoming everywhere, the fact that Federico spoke fluent English, that he had so many contacts in the city, and that you got to chat with him and get a feel for real Cuba, made this an unbelievable part of my trip. There is no other place I would stay in Havana when I go back. Thank you, Yanet and Fico!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
White Rock
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

My daughter and I stayed with Federico and Yanet in Havana Viejo for 3 days in March. Federico and Yanet were our charming and gracious hosts. Federico is an outgoing, English speaking, non-practicing lawyer who for the past 13 years has preferred accommodating visitors to practising law. Situated in Havana Viejo (old Havana) and less than a block from the Malecon and the Atlantic ocean this is an ideal location from which to explore Havana. Federico will direct you to restaurants, help you with transportation and introduce you to a Havana that few visitors will experience. If you want to experience Cuba and Havana, I recommend that you stay here and let Federico be your guide!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

I stayed three nights at Casa Vista al Prado. I reserved a room on the web (www.casaparticularcuba.org), and Federico was waiting for me when I arrived from the airport. The location is great, near where the Prado meets the Malecon, so I walked to all points of interest in Havana (except the forts). Federico is fluent in English, puts his guests at ease, and suggests where to go, what to do and what it should cost. Janet is a bit more reserved but I had several nice conversations with her. The room was clean. Although the mattress was a bit lumpy, I slept very well. In the hall was a fridge with water and beer.
The bathroom is shared, and my German neighbors locked me out several times (but any key will unlock). Federico made me breakfast every day. The coffee was excellent, the scrambled eggs tasty, and the fresh fruits incredibly good. Federico works closely with Leo, and housing was arranged for my entire time in Cuba. If you are headed to Havana, I highly recommend Casa Vista al Prado.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

Stayed here for 5 nights after a 2-week tour of Cuba. Brilliant location for all the attractions of old Havana so you can take your time and really get to know the place. Federico was a wonderful host, helpful and very friendly. The place was very clean, breakfast was fresh and delicious and he was generous with refreshments and local fare to try. Rooms are large, they are lockable with your own key and a small safe to keep valuables. His place seems pretty popular, with repeat business. As a result you get to meet all kinds of people from around the world which was half the fun for me! As it is in a central location it can get pretty noisy into the night and early morning so don't forget your earplugs (unfortunately I did). Also you will not always get hot water for a shower but this is a common thing in Cuba, I wouldn't rate a place down for it. Overall highly recommended and far better than a hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Mal B
Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

Federico's very helpful and relevant. Home is very clean. You can ask everything about Cuba. Will help. The breakfasts were delicious.
He will guide you very well. He is so organise about your needs.
house is at the center of Havana. You can walk every where from there in 5 or 10 minutes.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends