“Beautiful house, central, wonderful host”
Review of Casa de Rosa

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Havana
Casa de Rosa
Ranked #69 of 294 Specialty Lodging in Havana
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I would recommend Rosa's house 100% to anyone travelling to Cuba (and it seems I'm far from the first to say so). I stayed there for about 2 months because it felt like a new home. Rosa is a big element in making it so special, and in addition the room is spacious and comfortable, the location is superbly central and the safety is better than none.

Please don't think twice in staying here: it almost certainly the best thing you'll find in Havana.

Dave

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Casa de Rosa

Reviewed September 19, 2013

I travelled to Cuba in March 2013. That was our first and only booked casa in Havana. Rosa helped us to book the next casa in next city, also gave us tips about cities in Cuba, where to go and what to visit. I got sick (bronchitis) in the beginning of our trip and Rosa took me to the doctor and get me the antibiotics and also monitored me when I wanted just to taste some good looking cocktail when we were out having a dinner together :) She was very kind and sweet and helpful, like mom. The center of the city is also very close and nice walk included. I highly recommend this casa when you want to have a real friendly Cuban feeling!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I've been there once, for 10 days, and I feel as I was at home. Rosa is an excellent person, she really helped me and my gf a lot. Everything I needed was at hand and she also provided things like beer, a very good breakfast, transfer to the airport, many tips from Habana and Cuba as well.
I really miss Rosa and this perfect location in Cuba. I bet every traveller will enjoy her place.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Stayed in casa in March 2013. Rosa is very kind and helpful. Gave us tips of do's and don'ts in Havana. Organized taxi for us. Felt like part of family. Friend of ours got sick in the beginning of our trip, Rosa helped us to go to the doctor and get medicines for her. We had only casa in Havana booked for our trip, she helped us to get casa in next town. Casa de Rosa is about 20 minutes walk from the centre but it is a nice walk

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 13, 2012

We arrived at 3 o clock at night and Rosa was still waiting for us. No problems for her arriving in the middle of the night. It was a nice house in a good neighborhood in Havana. Rosa was like a mom, please watch out, take a cab, you can use my lonely planet, so nice!

What we really liked was the network of casa particualres, we spent two weeks at Cuba and every time there was a new casa booked by the owners....good choice to start your trip

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Marcelle1982
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Rosa's casa is situated between Vedado and the centre with nice clean bedrooms and a bathroom. She is a sweet person, can help you where you want to go or giving info about the city.
The breakfast is good, with fruit, eggs, bread, fruit juice and coffee. After a long day Havana it's like coming home in this casa.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Ben V
Reviewed June 9, 2012

I stayed at Casa de Rosa for 3 nights. I'm a single female and was travelling alone to meet up w friends. I stayed at 3 casas in total during my whole trip and although all were nice and clean, I found ROSA, the hostess of this casa, to be extremely helpful, warm and welcoming. She was clearly a genuine lady and had such a sweet spirit! Would definitely recommend!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo