Hosteria Cartacuba
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Havana
See available hotels
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Bar/Lounge
Melia Cohiba(Havana)
  • Room Service
  • Pool
All reviewsher husbandtour guidespeaks perfect englishthe main houserooms are air conditionedother guestsbeautiful houselobster dinnerother casaswealth of knowledgegreat cookmain roadde artefantastic hostsstained glassplace to stayrice and beans
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Yanila and Acelo are superb hosts. Yanila's knowledge of Cuba and in particular, of Habana, is excellent. The casa is very well kept, clean and very stylish. Acelo is an excellent chef. The food served at breakfast was very good. The dinner's we stayed for in the terrace restaurant were delicious. This family treats their guests as part of their family. I would definitely recommend this casa to my friends and family and will stay again on my next trip to Cuba.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Judy R
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We just came back from our trip around Cuba, and I must say that decision to stay at Yanila´s casa, as our first stop in Cuba, was the best thing we made. I’m not going to waste words about hospitality, service, cleanliness, because it was all great. I will point out, however, that Yanila was most helpful regarding our further trip in Cuba. She made all reservations for our trip, from very nice casas to reliable transfers to other places we had plan to visit.
I strongly recommend staying at her casa, if you have plans to travel around Cuba, or just staying in Havana, because this casa is really nice and staff is extremely pleasant.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jaka309
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Fantastic house with unbelievably helpful Yanila y Acelo! New beautiful terrace-restaurant on the top floor with perfect food! I hope I will succeed to visit them every year! Mind that Yanila can arrange for you everything you need in Cuba - from old car Havana tour, reservations for another beautiful houses everywhere in Cuba to hotel reservations and finally the best places for Tropicana!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We weren't sure what to expect in Cuba and left our booking until the very last minute (from the airport) so we were delighted to find this great casa.

The house is gorgeous and it was so helpful that Yanila spoke excellent English and could give us great tips - and point us in the direction of a salsa teacher just down the road.

I really enjoyed staying in a normal Cuban neighbourhood that was not as frantic as the old town. There is a great little salsa club about eight blocks away (La Tasca) on the coast.

We ended up returning at the end of our holiday and I would definitely stay here again. The breakfast is awesome too, especially the fresh bread and fruit

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Yanila E, Propietario at Hosteria Cartacuba, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2013

Wow, girls! You´re awesome! Thanks so much for this beautiful compliment! Wishing you the best for your lives and work!

Reviewed September 24, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights with my friend. Yanilla is a lovely host, she told us so much information about Havana. Good location...amazing breakfasts with delicious fresh fruits and fresh juices. House is also very nice, great to stay in a traditional style house.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Thanks so much, girls. So nice from you! Viva Eire!