The Purple House
$443
$257
Cancelon
  • Pool
All reviewscasa purpuraother casasrooms are smalllocation is greatcasa particularour cuba tripla havanaalejandroodettehostsmaleconmargaritarooftop
Reviewed April 13, 2013

We stayed at the Purple House during a March bike trip to Cuba. We were warmly welcomed by Dr. Alejandro, his wife Ivette and Ivette's parents who ensured our stay was comfortable, relaxing and a true Cuban experience.

Alejandro and Ivette's parents live in the house and are wonderful caretakers at the house. We enjoyed their company very much.

Breakfasts were excellent and included fresh fruit and breads, juices and coffee. Conversations around the breakfast table were wonderful- discussing the Cuban lifestyle, sports and current events. This is a great location and a wonderful home to learn more about Cuba!

The rooms are well laid out and clean, with fridges and private bathrooms. This casa’s main room is available for guests to watch daily activity on the street (you can even see down the street to the ocean). We enjoyed taking coffee out to the balcony and watching Havana pass by.

This is a great place to stay if you are looking for a clean, friendly introduction to Cuban culture, hospitality and life. We had a very good experience and met great friends at the Purple House. We look forward to staying with Dr. Alejandro and Mrs. Ivette again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DanielleRock
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Ivette and Alejandro have 2 houses next door to each other, one with 5 rooms and the other with 3. My room was the front room in the house with 3 rooms, and I had my own bathroom and the most comfortable bed I slept in during my trip to Cuba! Ivette, Alejandro, their daughter and their dad, as well as Mirella, the housekeeper were amazingly helpful. Ivette showed me the best route to walk to old Havana, where most of the sites are. They were also very helpful with recommendations of where to go out in the evening.

I was traveling on my own, and they made sure to introduce me to the other solo travelers in the Casa, who I ended up hanging out with during the rest of my stay.

Breakfast was plentiful with fruit, bread, a fried egg, coffee and juice.

I opted to stay in and eat dinner most nights as well. It was quite pleasant home cooking. They can accommodate most diet requirements too. Another Casa guest during my stay was Jewish and they were able to make sure he could keep kosher-ish. I ate fried shrimp, beef stews, lobster and chicken. Dinners were very filling and often I could not finish my plate. Then there was dessert!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We went to Cuba in March 2013 .we stayed ten days there.We found the La Casa Purpura by way Ttripadvisor .There are like our home .All family are lovely make to business .They are help us every thing .It is very central place and nearly old town .
Thank you every thing .

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We stayed in la casa Purpura for a total of 8 nights during our stay in Cuba. "We" are mom, dad and our 1 year old daughter. Alejandro and Ivette gave our stay a great touch with their enthusiasm, advice, conversations and help during our stay. They were also very helpful in letting us stay in the common room in the afternoon outside of the "opening hours". Our daughter got a whole lot of attention, and she enjoyed every minute of it!

Breakfast and dinner are good and the rooms are clean.
The location is great, next to the Malecon and Habana Vieha. Everything is within walking distance. The neighbourhood is colourful and lively, we spent many hours on the balcony watching the streetlife after the little one had gone to sleep.

Without hesitation we will recommend this casa to our friends if they need a place to stay in Habana.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Three buddies from Turkey, traveled to Cuba after five years of planning and we end up in La Casa Purpura. It is tiny, simple and clean, this is all one could expect at most, from a small B&B without any glitches. But what makes it "our home in Havana" is Dr Alejandro and Yvette, they are the excellent and warmest hosts one would expect. Alejandro is the best guide for Cuba one would find and depend upon. Without any hesitation, if we have the chance to visit Havana again, we will stay in La Casa Purpura for sure. Muchos Gracias Alejandro, Yvette and Oswaldo. Hope to see you again...

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends