All reviews family suite slice of paradise old havana swimming pool a lovely place to stay taxi ride central havana the entire staff beautiful room bed and breakfast visit cuba amazing hosts main building fantastic stay breakfast was delicious each morning casa particular
Selected filters
Reviewed April 30, 2019

This bed and breakfast, or casa particular, as it is referred to in Cuba was a lovely place to stay. The rooms were large, clean, bright, and had air conditioning. My room had a nice size bed (which was extremely comfortable), a closet complete with small refrigerator and safe, and nice sized bathroom complete with hair dryer. Room service was excellent. All staff was approachable, warm, congenial, and helpful. Breakfast in the morning was delicious and plentiful and exactly what I needed before heading off to tour the rest of the city. I appreciated the Mapa Turistico de la Habana Y Cuba that I received upon my arrival as I was able to locate myself in relation to the rest of the city and learn about some nearby restaurants recommended by La Rosa de Ortega. I can't say enough good things about this place. The home is beautiful, as are the grounds, and the people who work there to make your stay a pleasant one.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank havanaohnana
silvioo473, Propietario at La Rosa de Ortega, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2019

C...........havanaohnana, it was such a pleasue to host you!! people like you are the one who makes the difference!! All our staff was delighted sharing some time with you and your friends. Special greetings from Ana!!! Big hugs from Cuba.
Julia y Silvio

Reviewed February 17, 2019 via mobile

We stayed at La Rosa de Ortega for one week and had a fantastic time. Our apartment was lovely, spacious and clean with airconditioning. We were served a delicious breakfast every morning and all the staff are very friendly and will help you out with any questions or requests you have. The pool is great too. There are a few restaurants in the area (within walking distance) and it’s a 15 minute taxi drive to Old Havana. Would definitely recommend! Thanks for a lovely week, La Rosa de Ortega!

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Silvio O, Propietario at La Rosa de Ortega, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2019

Gracias Susannah!! We are so happy that you had a nice stay with us.
You can be sure that every time, we do our best to give the best possible service !!
As usual, I will share this review with our staff.
We enjoy to please our guests!!

Reviewed February 15, 2019 via mobile

We booked based on ratings and we were not disappointed. The room was very comfortable and very clean. The staff were so helpful and friendly in spite of a language barrier. We tried and they did as well which worked out great when needing something. Our hosts however had a very good command of English and always willing to answer questions or make travel arrangements.
Each morning we had a nice local breakfast in the outdoor common area which typically had sliced breads, local fruit and great coffee.
We also would come back to the property and order sandwiches which were less expensive than in the old quarter and safer to eat. We found out the hard way by eating a sandwich off the street and promptly got sick on our last day. This B&B is not in the city center but our host always arranged a local driver to take us downtown for about $10.
The hosts made a good recommendation for a restaurant close by which served good food.
I hope we can go back and stay here again. It was a very comfortable place and a very safe place to use as a base for our Havana travels.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Silvio O, Propietario at La Rosa de Ortega, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2019

Thanks for this beautiful review!
We had such an enourmous pleasure chatting with you very late at night . Sice the begining we understood that you both are outstading human beans.
It was a priviledge to host you!!!

Reviewed January 23, 2019

Me and my husband spent three nights here and loved it. We were out most of the days exploring but were happy to come back here at the end of the day. What really made it so lovely were the people who work there. Everyone was so kind and attentive. We stayed in a very charming turquoise colored room with cool original details and an updated bathroom with everything you need. We felt safe (you have to buzz in and someone is always at the front desk) and comfortable. The breakfast was delicious, to boot!

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Silvio O, Propietario at La Rosa de Ortega, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2019

Hola Margaret!!

We are so grateful for your wondeful review.
So happy that you had a wonderful stay here!!
This is energy to keep going, oxygen to breeze... this is all we need!!

Reviewed January 10, 2019 via mobile

I stayed here with my mother during the last week of December. We have always wanted to visit Cuba, and believed that we would never see it. We had no idea where to stay, but after a lot of research on Trip Asvisor, we decided to stay with Julia and her wonderful staff at La Rosa de Ortega. It is a beautiful, clean, and scenic B&B. We felt safe, throughout our stay and truly appreciated the efforts of the entire staff.

A delicious breakfast can be had for $7/pp, while lunch is also extremely reasonable. La Heredia is an excellent restaurant, within walking distance. There’s also a nearby WiFi park. I would suggest that you hire a tour guide, if you’d not familiar with Havana. We only toured Havana once, while there, because we both really needed the rest, and we had a perfectly, lovely time.

I’d like to thank Julia, our wonderfully hostess for making us feel so welcome. I’ll see you again, when I return with my husband!

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Silvio O, Propietario at La Rosa de Ortega, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2019

Felice, you and your mother were so kind and friendly, that we had to make no effort to host you, it was always a pleasure!! We just wait to meet your husband very soon, and don't forget that my staff also love you two!!